Author Topic: EF/EF2 set import project - Alternate red alert  (Read 6531 times)

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
Re: EF/EF2 set import project - Sov bridge
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2011, 02:41:48 PM »
Reckon you're right there which is probably reason why abandoned my attempts, lol  :) 

- for lcars i have to choose between the original EF2 or change with another.

From what I remember of ef2 bridge not very canon so would change.  I think the lcars that come with the SovereignAdvanced bridge are pretty good and look better.

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
Re: EF/EF2 set import project - EF2 Sov Bridge
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2011, 04:10:16 PM »
From what I remember of ef2 bridge not very canon so would change.  I think the lcars that come with the SovereignAdvanced bridge are pretty good and look better.
Comparing those to the EF2 LCARS, it looks like the 3E Sovereign LCARS were adapted from the EF2 ones and should be easily compatible with the EF2 bridge.

Offline Nx-809

• Cookies: 25
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2011, 04:26:34 PM »
some update picture

it's good with adv sov lcars :P ??

Offline Morgan

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2011, 05:38:02 PM »
it's good with adv sov lcars :P ??
I'd definitely say so.  :)

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2011, 09:03:43 PM »
*salivates*

must say looking forward to this, even more than own bridges, lol  :)  

Offline Nx-809

« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2011, 10:13:30 PM »
Small update:
exported bridge from max9 and imported in max 3.
try to get lightmap with a tool directly  in max 3!
I have tested the model ingame for verify if bc crash... :facepalm:
but works great :yay:

Offline Morgan

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2011, 12:10:46 AM »
Good news!  :yay:

Offline Villain

• Cookies: 71
  • The artist formerly known as Prime
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2011, 11:20:36 AM »
Good Great news!  :yay:

:dontcare: Seriously, I love the idea of this project. Any bridge projects really, but especially this one. Words cannot describe how amazing it is to see heavy interest in bridge projects again. With you and Lurok on the scene, things are shaping up to be something special in BC's future.  :thumbsup: Now if only I could actually put enough time aside to get back on the SoasE project, as well as a couple of others... But damn if you guys don't inspire me!  :funny Have a cookie, mate.

"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline Nx-809

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2011, 07:34:04 PM »
:dontcare: Seriously, I love the idea of this project. Any bridge projects really, but especially this one. Words cannot describe how amazing it is to see heavy interest in bridge projects again. With you and Lurok on the scene, things are shaping up to be something special in BC's future.  :thumbsup: Now if only I could actually put enough time aside to get back on the SoasE project, as well as a couple of others... But damn if you guys don't inspire me!  :funny Have a cookie, mate.

Thank's Villain  :D one day we will see your stargazer bridge ingame :thumbsup:

A picture sov-ingame

Offline Morgan

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2011, 10:24:37 PM »
Hell yes dude! Awesome!

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2011, 11:12:55 PM »
Looks like it comes complete with the Joystick!  LOL Like it! :)
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2011, 06:47:19 AM »
more pictures  :D

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2011, 06:55:42 AM »
A picture sov-ingame
wow!  i would have never thought id see the day!
impressive  :thumbsup: :)
more pictures  :D
yes please :D

Offline Nx-809

« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2011, 10:33:20 AM »
wow!  i would have never thought id see the day!
impressive  :thumbsup: :)yes please :D

oook More Picture :)
 But this model ingame is my test model for set the characters location for now stock animation work fine! i know some textures are not loaded and no lightmaps! only self illumination and various spot light
observatory lounge is w.i.p  and now i have 2 question:

1.I do not understand how to put red alert with redbar blinking ?
2 add a 2 viewscreen looking towards the rear of the ship for observatory?? is possible?

Offline baz1701

• Cookies: 1434
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2011, 11:17:21 AM »
1.I do not understand how to put red alert with redbar blinking ?
2 add a 2 viewscreen looking towards the rear of the ship for observatory?? is possible?

Question 1 - set up the bridge as green alert and in the plug you can specify which textures to swap under yellow and red alerts.
Unfortunatly at this time (when I did the refit bridge) you can not swap animated IFL maps.

Question 2 - As far as I know any hole is a looking outside the ship but won't have the Hud overlayed.
Whatever knocks us back, can only make us stronger.

Offline Side 3

• Cookies: 1
  • All glory to the Haruhi-toad!
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2011, 01:32:03 PM »
From what I understood, having two viewscreens wasn't possible. Though as you currently have it it certainly looks fantastic. Ought to help give a little more feel and scale.  :thumbsup:

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 33
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2011, 11:53:42 PM »
Yeah, I'm pretty sure if you put a viewscreen in the back, the engine will try to "stretch" the picture across all the viewscreen models present, and it will result in mega-distortion, and, since the player's viewpoint is between the screens (and the engine will try to stretch a 2D image through 3D), possibly a crash.

Still, try it, perhaps if the second screen is totally out of the player's field of view (as they would be, being diametrically opposed to one another) most of the time, it'll work, though I'm not convinced.

Perhaps some script could be devised so that when you're in the observation lounge, or on the bridge looking backward while the doors are open, the viewscreen model could be hotswapped to the skybox model to envelope the nacelles? Has anyone ever explored that idea?

Worst comes to worst, you could sling a box of stars around the nacelles and the Observation Lounge windows (on closer inspection, it appears you have already done that).

Another, more constructive suggestion is that you swap out the nacelles for some higher quality nacelles from one of the newer Sovs around.

I see you have scaled the model to the stock Bridge's floor plan. This highlights how dinky the old Ebridge was, as a more properly proportioned model now makes the NPCs look like giants!

Excellent work! It's a joy to see that bridge finally done justice in BC. And the Obs lounge is simply awesome.
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2011, 12:55:47 PM »
Yeah, I'm pretty sure if you put a viewscreen in the back, the engine will try to "stretch" the picture across all the viewscreen models present, and it will result in mega-distortion, and, since the player's viewpoint is between the screens (and the engine will try to stretch a 2D image through 3D), possibly a crash.

Still, try it, perhaps if the second screen is totally out of the player's field of view (as they would be, being diametrically opposed to one another) most of the time, it'll work, though I'm not convinced.

Perhaps some script could be devised so that when you're in the observation lounge, or on the bridge looking backward while the doors are open, the viewscreen model could be hotswapped to the skybox model to envelope the nacelles? Has anyone ever explored that idea?

Worst comes to worst, you could sling a box of stars around the nacelles and the Observation Lounge windows (on closer inspection, it appears you have already done that).

Another, more constructive suggestion is that you swap out the nacelles for some higher quality nacelles from one of the newer Sovs around.

I see you have scaled the model to the stock Bridge's floor plan. This highlights how dinky the old Ebridge was, as a more properly proportioned model now makes the NPCs look like giants!

Excellent work! It's a joy to see that bridge finally done justice in BC. And the Obs lounge is simply awesome.

Uhm Bren...those look like CG's nacelles LOL
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline Nx-809

« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2011, 01:12:12 PM »
yes is an image in observatory, it's a CG sov render in 3dmax!

Offline Morgan

« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2011, 01:58:50 PM »
yes is an image in observatory, it's a CG sov render in 3dmax!
I think that will work beautifully.  Have a cookie.