Author Topic: EF/EF2 set import project - Alternate red alert  (Read 6532 times)

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 33
  • 6EQUJ5
Re: EF/EF2 set import project - EF2 Sov Bridge
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2011, 08:09:46 PM »
Uhm Bren...those look like CG's nacelles LOL

:eek

Statement retracted! I honestly thought they were modelled out there - I had forgotten that they were 3d skyboxed into the scene in EFII anyway!

*looks at screenshot again*

NOW I GET IT! The pixelation on the bussard frames made me think they were the low-res nacelles from EFII.

Apologies.
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!

Offline Phaser

• Star Trek Canon Authority
  • Cookies: 231
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2011, 08:49:28 PM »
*Looks at BC Bridge Modding topic for the first time in over 6 months*

Well, this is an interesting development!  If you manage to pull off that lounge window to show the ship and skybox, you'd have done something many of us have only dreamed about!  I'll be watching this thread for sure!  ;)

And sorry for being unable to help.  I'm a lover, not a fighter a modeler, not a scripter. :P

Offline fraher

• Cookies: 10
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2011, 04:12:23 PM »
Excellent work?. With regard to use two viewscreens, as far I know, the bridge scripts allows only one. That is the reason that my little project to create bridge sets that has its viewscreens (my sovereign ready room by example, and after the lounge room). Of course you can try with a generic star field but, for me, don?t match with the view from the space set that you have in the main viewscreen in the main bridge. Meanwhile (because in BC all we know that all is posible if we like it so) would be aceptable the generic star field, so give it a try. Good luck my friend and keep the good working.  :yay:

Offline Nx-809

• Cookies: 25
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2011, 09:32:53 AM »
thank's fraher! :D

no update for sovbridge!
i study the method how did they put redbar in previous bridge (like intrepid or 3rd era sov)
the redbar work with tga alpha and gamma!
i found this thread at niftools forum http://niftools.sourceforge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=845&start=60

Offline Mark

• Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 1797
  • Site Co-Founder
    • ST Excalibur
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2011, 08:04:29 AM »
I was just about to jump in and say its all down to the grouping, but looks like my 19 year old self did that already :P

Best bet is to load up one of the stock bridges in MPE and you will get a pretty good idea of the groups you could use, they dont necessarily work as you might expect but you will figure it out. The combination of these groups and map swapping with bridge plugin can be quite potent.

Edit: Also, I have some replacement furniture for the Sovereign bridge which was donated by an EF2 modder called TiM I think, if you are interested I can send them over.

Offline Nx-809

« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2011, 07:29:27 AM »
I was just about to jump in and say its all down to the grouping, but looks like my 19 year old self did that already :P

Best bet is to load up one of the stock bridges in MPE and you will get a pretty good idea of the groups you could use, they dont necessarily work as you might expect but you will figure it out. The combination of these groups and map swapping with bridge plugin can be quite potent.

Edit: Also, I have some replacement furniture for the Sovereign bridge which was donated by an EF2 modder called TiM I think, if you are interested I can send them over.

mmmm interesting  :) what kind of replacements ??

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2011, 06:27:22 PM »
It will be really selfish of me but i'll say : send those over no matter what :P

Offline Mark

• Retired Administrator
  • Site Co-Founder
    • ST Excalibur
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2011, 12:37:35 PM »
mmmm interesting  :) what kind of replacements ??

Just replacement chairs:

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2011, 03:51:34 PM »
They look far better than originals :thumbsup:

Offline Nx-809

« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2011, 09:24:27 PM »
oook mark  :P send me the replacement  :thumbsup:

Offline Mark

• Retired Administrator
  • Site Co-Founder
    • ST Excalibur
« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2011, 08:27:49 AM »
OK, just sent them to the email address on your profile.

Offline Nx-809

« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2011, 03:59:20 PM »
Thank's Mark!  :thumbsup:
Now I'm going on vacation for a week  :angel!

The Sov Bridge Project is on hold , it will resume upon my return :thumbsup:

Offline Nx-809

« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2011, 08:05:35 PM »
Im back guys!!

update:  change the original chairs with the tim chairs (thank's to mark :))
correct some part.
i delete the observatory lounge for rebuild totaly from scrath.
but first i tried to add the sky box with "fisical nacelle" and when i stand up from the captain chair the game freeze! :facepalm: ni

some picture in nifskope

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2011, 12:57:50 AM »
Stunning work!  I can't wait to get my hands on it!   :D

Offline Nx-809

« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2011, 02:01:02 PM »
searching in the BC SDK for make red alert blink i found this:
Bridge Models:

Bridge models were built and textured in Max 3.1, much the same way as the ship models were. They were then brought into Lightscape (an architectural rendering program), which has a radiosity renderer that Max lacks. We were able to apply more realistic lighting than in Max, which allowed getting good vertex coloring and (with some specialized tools) generate light maps to be applied across sections of the model (floor map, wall maps, roof map, etc.). Theoretically you could use this to "bake" shadows into the existing texture maps, but this tends to make for large maps where you would be better off tiling a small map with a shadow pass separate. When bringing models into Lightscape, the bridge models had to be completely "bulletproof". That means no double faces, un-welded vertices, etc. Lightscape always seemed to find these glitches and magnify them since it tesselates the mesh when it renders and would produce some unpleasant results. It was not the most streamlined process, but the final results looked good. Many small and somewhat throw away tools were designed for solving minor problems on each of the bridges that looking back don't make sense to release. These tools had to do with the fact that Lightscape doesn't preserve the hierarchy of the Max model, and so we had to make a tool that took the heirarchy of a non-Lightscaped model and graft it onto the Lightscaped model exported as a hierarcy-less .nif file. There are also special organization issues and naming issues needed to get the lightmaps to dim and brighten for red alert lighting, as well as other maps to glow and flash (red wall lights).

I have Lightscape and I'm trying to create the lightmaps from this program

Offline Mark

• Retired Administrator
  • Site Co-Founder
    • ST Excalibur
« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2011, 06:53:34 PM »
in Max 3.1 it was basically a case of texturing the objects correctly (alpha channels were a bit of a pain to set up if I remember since it was tetchy), and then putting everything in the right groups.

Offline Nx-809

Re: EF/EF2 set import project - Alternate red alert
« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2011, 10:14:44 AM »
After so much time here I am at work on the import of the  sov bridge!
my real life has taken me so long but sometime i continue my work!
Studyng a method for make a blinking red alert bar for sov bridge because I can not figure out how to put parts of the model in the right group, gave me an idea and luroks works inspired me :P

I tried using the prometheus TMP bridge and the result is this:

this is only a test! the black parts is no lightmapped caused for the importation in 3d max!
if it works I'll make a tutorial :P

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2011, 03:02:10 AM »
So how did you create that effect?   The only way I've got flashing red alerts is using mapswap in the bridge autoload script.

As for changing bridge state on red alert, that's quite easy: in max3,  creat two dummy helpers, Normal and Gamma.   Link objects in mesh you want to darken at red alert to Normal dummy.  Then link the Normal dummy to Gamma.  When you export nif, you'll find red alert change objects sub-grouped under Gamma/Normal and these are elements that will darken when you go to red alert.

Offline Nx-809

« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2011, 07:29:32 AM »
So how did you create that effect?   The only way I've got flashing red alerts is using mapswap in the bridge autoload script.

As for changing bridge state on red alert, that's quite easy: in max3,  creat two dummy helpers, Normal and Gamma.   Link objects in mesh you want to darken at red alert to Normal dummy.  Then link the Normal dummy to Gamma.  When you export nif, you'll find red alert change objects sub-grouped under Gamma/Normal and these are elements that will darken when you go to red alert.

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: Thanks a lot  ;) i create a dummy but for link objects where is the menu in max 3?

as you know map swap don't support animated ifl-tga but only single tga for state (green - yellow - red)
but work with opacity(alpha channel)
 I added a second wall behind the main map with red alert animation
and I changed the alpha channel in the main map so that when the green status you not see the red alert animation but switching in the red state you see the animation!

| <-map swap with opacity |<-red alert animation

i know it's a stupid trick but for tmp bridge work perfectly!

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2011, 09:13:24 AM »
simple but not stupid!  Must give that a try....

Here's a link that explains linking and shows buttons etc...

http://www.3dmax-tutorials.com/idh_tb_link.html