Author Topic: 2012 Star Trek Co-op for 360, PS3 and PC  (Read 11130 times)

Offline captain_obvious

• The captain of obvious-ness
  • Cookies: 54
    • ARmy Rumour SErvice- British Army Unofficial community
Re: 2012 Star Trek Co-op for 360, PS3 and PC
« Reply #200 on: August 19, 2013, 10:29:24 AM »
I bought it for about ?2 something from steam not long ago.  Only just installed it and have made it to the segment on new vulcan.
Weird thing is, every now and then when I stun and take down an enemy, I get a really weird black screen popping up with the words "STAR TREK" (sic) in really low resolution, looking rather like something fresh from a commodore 64. 
Any ideas?
I miss :bigdance:

Offline FarShot

• That guy with good ideas...
  • Cookies: 787
  • I'm actually making stuff! :D
« Reply #201 on: August 19, 2013, 01:47:23 PM »
Blow on the cartridge? :P

Offline Lord Tribble

• Cookies: 2
« Reply #202 on: August 19, 2013, 04:12:38 PM »
Maybe you've somehow opened the games console?

I played through the game this past week. Really enjoyed it, especially seeing the inside of the Enterprise (even if it didn't really make sense window wise). Thought the story was good too.
Didn't run into many glitches, but I do think the hacking mini games were used waaayyyyy too much.
Not sure why the game has gotten so much flak to be honest :idk:

Offline captain_obvious

« Reply #203 on: August 19, 2013, 06:21:50 PM »
Maybe you've somehow opened the games console?

No, it's not that.  I can hear the game still going on around me as this pop up is interrupting the visuals.  It's bloody annoying, but it tends to go away if I pause and un-pause the game.
I played through the game this past week. Really enjoyed it, especially seeing the inside of the Enterprise (even if it didn't really make sense window wise). Thought the story was good too.
Didn't run into many glitches, but I do think the hacking mini games were used waaayyyyy too much.
Not sure why the game has gotten so much flak to be honest :idk:

Tbh, I don't think much of the story so far, but I haven't gotten too far into the game yet. 
That said, I can definitely see why it's taken so much flak.  The game just doesn't seem very polished.  You can tell it's a quick 'rush job' to get a product out of the door.  Game play wise it's almost exactly like mass effect, but lacks the polish that game seemingly received.

Graphically, it's been a real let down. Just like I thought it would be when I saw those screenshots someone posted in here a while back.  Again, it's just a lack of polish and the devs tried to hide it behind a mass of flashy effects, lens flares and over exaggerated DOF effects.  Everything just seems a bit rough...

Btw, how the hell do you do the hacking minigames? It doesn't explain them at all.  There's no real hint at how to do it that I can see.  I generally just tell spock to do it, but there are parts where you don't want to do that as he will blindly charge into the firing line of a turret to hack it, instead of doing it from cover.
That's a big issue with the game, it doesn't really explain much outside of one or two things in the tutorials.

Offline ShaunKL

• Cookies: 3
  • Semper Exploro
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #204 on: August 19, 2013, 11:05:17 PM »
Mass Effect and polish aren't two words I'd keep in the same sentence.  I wonder what the game would've been like if it'd been launched on its original release date... a year earlier than when it did end up launching.
Thanks for letting me know the forum was back up, guys.  I thought everyone died.

Offline captain_obvious

« Reply #205 on: August 20, 2013, 09:35:58 AM »
Mass Effect are polish aren't two words I'd keep in the same sentence.  I wonder what the game would've been like if it'd been launched on its original release date... a year earlier than when it did end up launching.

You have a point, but at least those games look and feel well put together.  I'm going to give ST a chance by running it to the end though.

Offline FarShot

« Reply #206 on: August 20, 2013, 12:07:03 PM »
It's much better with a friend I assure you.

Offline Lord Tribble

« Reply #207 on: August 24, 2013, 05:19:08 AM »
To each their own, I tend to be fairly easy going on games as long as I have fun but I can see where you're coming from ;)

Personally, the graphics of a game never bother me as long as I can see what's going on. Though I was very impressed with the likeness of Chris Pine and to a lesser extent the other crew members. The Enterprise was pretty as well. That's always a plus in my eyes.

Damn right about the lack of instructions for hacking. Took me bloody ages to get through the first door on New Vulcan lol!

Have to say, the soundtrack is brilliant, definitely the best thing about the game. I loved the new variations on the main theme and the way it popped in for some of the more heroic moments.

Offline FarShot

« Reply #208 on: August 24, 2013, 06:40:50 AM »

Offline ShaunKL

• Semper Exploro
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #209 on: August 24, 2013, 01:39:14 PM »
I've haven't gotten to play it again since my first go-round(currently lent to a friend).  I do agree that the music in the game was really great, listening to Seiter's soundcloud up there it really does put me back into the game.  Michael Giachinno's early work was in video games, so that helps explain how he and his team could take the themes from the movie and work them into the game really well.
Thanks for letting me know the forum was back up, guys.  I thought everyone died.

Offline Lord Tribble

« Reply #210 on: September 23, 2013, 04:16:14 PM »
Does anybody know where steam puts the saves for the game? Going to un-install to free up some space, but want to back up my progress in case I ever decide to re-install.
No sign of it in 'my games' :idk:

Offline captain_obvious

« Reply #211 on: September 23, 2013, 09:44:00 PM »
No idea.  I uninstalled it after I got frustrated once too often by the game.  Wish I could get a refund to be honest.

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #212 on: October 26, 2013, 11:06:03 PM »
Sorry, can't help.  I got it on PS3. :idk:

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Phoenix Bondi

• REMEMBER YOUR ORIGIN
  • Cookies: 575
  • Never Forget Your Origins
    • CHRIS JONES GAMING
« Reply #213 on: October 27, 2013, 05:47:10 AM »
Does anybody know where steam puts the saves for the game? Going to un-install to free up some space, but want to back up my progress in case I ever decide to re-install.
No sign of it in 'my games' :idk:

its in appdata in users - will try and get full location for you later

Offline ShaunKL

• Semper Exploro
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #214 on: October 27, 2013, 11:20:33 PM »
I've been playing on Hard to grab achievements, not that difficult at all but playing with a friend is definitely the best experience.  The AI partner is hilarious.