Author Topic: Duke Nukem: Forever?  (Read 1251 times)

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
Re: Duke Nukem: Forever?
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2011, 04:40:23 PM »
this is why you follow totalbiscuit on youtube he already did a full review of the game and warned everyone about it.
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline CyAn1d3

• MacDill Shipyards Design Team
  • Cookies: 420
  • RETIRED
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2011, 05:02:44 PM »

theres the review neb is talking about if anyones interested.

just watching this im feeling kind of dissapointed, this is a perfect case in point of just throwing something together just to shut the fans up and make money off the merchandising rights.
to me this is looking like Quake and CoD-MF came together and had a bastard child, i still intend to try this myself, but i think ill rent if from GF before i invest in it.

my question is, had 3dRealms actually finished it themselves and not gone under, would it have been like this?
I came, i saw, i added a Sig.
Later gents, i have Youtube to take over.
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2011, 07:06:58 PM »
This is an outrage !!! I can't sell this crap ... no one want it after gamespot rated it 3/10 damn I could've get anything but this abomination, Duke should be resting in peace but he's turning in his grave instead  :lostit:

Offline CyAn1d3

• RETIRED
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2011, 05:01:42 PM »
This is an outrage !!! I can't sell this crap ... no one want it after gamespot rated it 3/10 damn I could've get anything but this abomination, Duke should be resting in peace but he's turning in his grave instead  :lostit:

Ebay? someone will pick it up.. hell if i can sell a broken ps3 for 80$......
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2011, 05:33:11 PM »
it's sold ... good god ... never ever zombie-revived games. If something was declared dead 10 years ago better leave it that way ;)

Offline TheConstable6

• ^LOL
  • Cookies: 10
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2011, 01:15:06 AM »
Unbelieveably sad. I'm not angry this game was so piss-awful. I'm sad.
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
 We are not now that strength which in old days
 Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
 One equal temper of heroic hearts,
 Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
 To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Offline CyAn1d3

• RETIRED
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2011, 12:41:47 AM »
i just downloaded the demo onto my rommies ps3... the graphics look like they were ripped straight from doom 3  :facepalm:

but the line from the demo:
"was the game good duke?"
"after 12 years, it f*cking better be"

made me laugh my ass off in disgust.  :uberlol:

i might buy it when the value plummets even further just to take up space in my collection, a duke game is a duke game, no matter how god awful it is.

but i do have some points to make:
yea the humor is dry, but i played D3D, it hasnt changed, its a 90s character, would he be the same if the humor changed?  :idk:

only being able to carry 2 guns sucks, yea, but think of this, remember time to kill?
and how friggin long it took to select the weapon you wanted with a dumb ass scroll menu?
to counter this they could have taken the "wheel" menu from oblivion, so you can map items to the d-pad  :dontcare:

the grapics are s*itty, well my only rebuttle is that this game was started 12 YEARS ago, but thats STILL NO EXCUSE for not polishing them up.  :bluescreen:

in all honesty i would GLADLY have waited another 2 or 3 years for something even 1/4 better than this.
sad to say, the king is dead, and we will never see him again. another gaming icon has been laid to rest because of piss poor execution.
but i will say this, we wanted duke, we got duke. just not how it should have been.
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2011, 08:26:33 AM »
so, basically, it's a "love it or hate it" type.

remember, guys, WHEN this game started it's development...in the 4th gen console era.
they probably rushed to finish so it wouldn't turn into vaporware AGAIN.  there's been so much fuss over it being IN vaporwear mode so dang long, I think everybody just went "okay, OKAY it @$&!ing done allready, now SHADDUP!"
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline CyAn1d3

• RETIRED
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2011, 04:04:59 PM »
so, basically, it's a "love it or hate it" type.
I think everybody just went "okay, OKAY it @$&!ing done allready, now SHADDUP!"

pretty much my arguement right there.
it got rushed through to shut the fans up, and we got EXACTLY that.
unfortunately, the fans STILL wont shut up because of how schnotty it came out.
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2011, 05:10:44 PM »
if it wasn't for the fact I can't even afford to LOOK at a PS3, i'd find out for myself.  i HAD access to one, and bought two games.  then, family trouble, and POOF.

besides, unlike a lot of you Younger gamers (WARNING: old man rant ahead) i expect either crap or pitch-the-controller-through-the-TV hard.  i was utterly stunned at how LITTLE i had to go look up with the last of the PS2/gs/xb generation of games, and the beginning of the current crop.  i'm used to "guide Dangit" type games, and i swear games are finally getting easier.  and Duke wasn't exactly HARD, it was just too easy to get one hit killed before you could fire.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet