Author Topic: How do I use Slipstream?  (Read 297 times)

Offline IDFS NX-Erin

• Cookies: 0
How do I use Slipstream?
« on: July 27, 2011, 10:08:50 PM »
I installed Slipstream Framework and I know for a fact (looked at the hardpoints) that the version of the Enterprise-J I have has a Slipstream drive. How do I get it to work, in other words I only see "Enhanced Warp" and "Warp" as methods of travel. I can't find a Slipstream option, is there something I have to add to the ship even though it already has a Slipstream drive? Or maybe I just overlooked a painstakingly obvious button label "Slipstream" on the menu? Help is always appreciated.
Captain Zachary Lee: "Ensign Samison, set course for Starbase D-11. We need to patch up the pulse weapon grid before we head to the Haven Facility." Samison: "You got it captain. We are set for warp to UMDF allied station 11 on your order." Computer: "Zach, I have detected multiple Cardassian Hybrids warping into the region. They are headed straight for us, I suggest we go to Red Alert and that we proceed with caution since we are minimally staffed at the moment." Lee: "Agreed. Red Alert! Krys, supply the torpedo launchers with some more power to compensate for the non-functionality of our pulse array."  Xanstein: "Already on it." Lee: "Alright, let's see if these Cardassians learned anything from our last couple hundred encounters. Xanstein, fire at will."

Offline CyAn1d3

• MacDill Shipyards Design Team
  • Cookies: 420
  • RETIRED
Re: How do I use Slipstream?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 11:25:56 PM »
probably overlooked it, it should be at the top of your helm menu "slipstream drive" (IIRC)
if its NOT there, there are 2 possibles:
1: the ship does NOT have slipstream drive in the HP
2: your slipstream drive script didnt either install right, or didnt download right.
I came, i saw, i added a Sig.
Later gents, i have Youtube to take over.
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 11:35:58 PM »
or the mutator could be off.
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline IDFS NX-Erin

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 12:12:45 AM »
Would it be greyed out or would it just appear if the ship is capable of Slipstream?
Captain Zachary Lee: "Ensign Samison, set course for Starbase D-11. We need to patch up the pulse weapon grid before we head to the Haven Facility." Samison: "You got it captain. We are set for warp to UMDF allied station 11 on your order." Computer: "Zach, I have detected multiple Cardassian Hybrids warping into the region. They are headed straight for us, I suggest we go to Red Alert and that we proceed with caution since we are minimally staffed at the moment." Lee: "Agreed. Red Alert! Krys, supply the torpedo launchers with some more power to compensate for the non-functionality of our pulse array."  Xanstein: "Already on it." Lee: "Alright, let's see if these Cardassians learned anything from our last couple hundred encounters. Xanstein, fire at will."

Offline IDFS NX-Erin

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 12:16:11 AM »
Never mind, fixed it. Reinstalling solved the problem. But now I have a second Slipstream drive in my J XD