Author Topic: Star Trek: Atlas (Fan Fiction literature)  (Read 3165 times)

Offline Cpt. Brahms

• Galaxy X fanatic
  • Cookies: 1
  • USS Atlas NX-90815
Star Trek: Atlas (Fan Fiction literature)
« on: August 27, 2011, 10:47:20 PM »
I've had this idea in my head for several years now, refining it up to this point. I wanted to share it with the world.

This first post is the overview of the whole thing, including main character info and short Biographies. More to come soon.

So without further ado...

Star Trek: Atlas
Outline and Character info

Storyline: Two years after Star Trek: Nemesis, the Cardassians are on the rise again, attacking ships and conquering settlements. A new ship, captain, and crew are called upon to counter this threat, while also handling a first-contact and defusing a war between two new races.

Characters:

Nathaniel Taylor Brahms
Allegiance: United Federation of Planets (Starfleet)
Rank (Status): Captain
Race: Romulan (Human Raised)

Ship: USS Atlas - Galaxy Class Oden Refit (aka Galaxy X Class, test subject for Triton warp core project; Heavy Battlecruiser)

Bio: Captain Brahms is the sole survivor of the Romulan colony ship Angelius, destroyed by a Cardassian strike force twenty-four years ago when he was two years old. He was rescued in one of Angelius' escape pods by the USS Lakota in his dead mother's arms, and raised by the Brahms family on Earth. He progressed through school admirably despite racial suspicions and stereotypes, and later joined Starfleet Academy with his friends Ivan Rampley and Jared Crowler at his side. The group was a sort of triad in his view, loyal to each other since their school days. However, when they started at the academy, they drifted apart, and eventually were separated when they got their first postings. Brahms' first posting was the chief science officer on the Sovereign, after the Maelstrom incident when Miguel Diaz resigned the position. Shortly after he was on board the Sovereign for his first time, it was attacked by the one remaining ship of house Arterius, the captain and Commander Saffi Larsen killed in the initial assault. Brahms then took up command and saved the Sovereign, while also destroying the aggressor. This earned him Starfleet's highest Medal of Honor and the promotion to Captain of the Atlas, a position he's proud to have.

Draconis Sky'thonar
Allegiance: Jrekkon Unity Clan
Rank (Status): Battle Chieftain
Race: Jrekkon (Lifespan: 7,000 Human Years)

Ship: Jrekkon Blade Cruiser - Heaven's Ray (Advanced Jrekkon Spaceship design with a particle blade ramming weapon; Heavy Captial Ship)

Bio: Draconis, a young Jrekkon male, is part of his people's Unity Clan, and the son of the late General Nihos Sky'thonar, a famed freedom fighter. He and his family were onboard an unarmed clan transport, the Serenity, when it was attacked by his father's sworn enemy, Emperor Wraitan Zeriah of the Martirio. His father and mother gave their lives to help him and his older brother escape the siege. Later in life, when Draconis got his first command, his brother vanished. Rumors say he was assimilated by the Borg, but the truth is uncertain. He follows in his father's footsteps, defending his race and many other against the Martirio Empire.

Anasazi Zeriah
Allegiance: Martirio Empire
Rank (Status): Prince of Hierarchy?s royal family, next in line for the throne
Race: Martirio (Pureblood Royal) (Lifespan: 500 Human Years)

Ship: Martirio Yamato Dreadnought - Death Blazer (Main Martirian ship of choice for combat situations; Equipped with a powerful beam cannon capable of cracking a planet in two)

Bio: Anasazi is the young, ever-confident, and impatient son of Empeor Wraitan Zeriah. He has grown to despise his father and his ?old ways?, claiming that his leadership has not advanced the empire in two centuries. He is an innovative thinker, and a technical genius, responsible for the design of the empire's most powerful weapon: The Yamato Cannon.

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
Re: Star Trek: Atlas (Fan Fiction literature)
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 03:31:56 AM »
As a fanfic author, it's always nice to see new authors on the block, the back story seems interesting, I can't wait to read the actual story.

The only nitpick is 26 seems young for a captain, he's only been out of the academy for 5 years.  The Captain in my stories is in his late forties, having received his first command in his mid thirties, rather prematurely, I might add.  I hope you've got a good story behind his.

Edit: I guess I missed that part of your post, LOL :picardfacepalm:
I hope you do a good job expanding on that in your story.

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
  • Cookies: 65535
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 11:12:11 AM »
As a fanfic author, it's always nice to see new authors on the block, the back story seems interesting, I can't wait to read the actual story.

The only nitpick is 26 seems young for a captain, he's only been out of the academy for 5 years.  The Captain in my stories is in his late forties, having received his first command in his mid thirties, rather prematurely, I might add.  I hope you've got a good story behind his.

Edit: I guess I missed that part of your post, LOL :picardfacepalm:
I hope you do a good job expanding on that in your story.

I'm just glad he killed off Saffi lol

I too can't wait to see more
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline TheConstable6

• ^LOL
  • Cookies: 10
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 11:41:36 AM »
Draconis Sky'thonar seems really interesting, but you may have made Anasazi Zeriah a bit too uber-talented and powerful... :D
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
 We are not now that strength which in old days
 Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
 One equal temper of heroic hearts,
 Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
 To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Offline Cpt. Brahms

• Galaxy X fanatic
  • USS Atlas NX-90815
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 11:55:33 AM »
I'll work on that. They Martirio aren't really invincible anyway. Phasers pierce their shielding and hull plates like paper mache'

Edit: I also should tell a bit about Dracons and Anasazi's people:

Jrekkon are carbon-based, and look like a mix between a Kessok and an anthromorphic dragon. They have two horns that jut out of the back of their heads, and grow to be eight feet tall. They have wings comparable to Gargoyles, and studded ridges running down their backs. Also, their claws can extend and retract by one foot in length, and their bodies are strong enough that they can claw their way through a reinforced duranium wall three feet thick, and still be able to fight. Their ideals and traditions can be compared to Klingons, only Jrekkon views are much more extreme. If someone has slighted them or someone of their family or clan, their traditions and laws state that the one who slighted them must be killed immediately, and in the most painful, gruesome fashion imaginable. Sometimes this is even done on public display, as a sort of ritual to damn the accused and give retribution to the slighted. Even though they posses beam weaponry, they prefer close range combat with sonic amplified swords, as the only way to truly gain honor in their society is to sustain great injury in battle and live to tell the tale.

Martirio are small and agile, with red skin, blue eyes, two sets of eyelids, and birght-colored hair in unorthodox natural colors like orange and purple. They only grow to a maximum height of three feet. Berserkers are augmented to grow up to five and a half feet tall. Some compare them to an "Evil version of master Yoda." Martirio are also carbon-based lifeforms, and are incredibly smart and sophisticated. Half of their population are engineers and researchers, revealing new technology on a daily basis. Martirio ideals greatly revolve around progress and technological advancement, but that doesn't make them weak: Their polaron beam cannons outclass even the Borg in firepower, and they have cloaking devices better than the Scimitar. But their most deadly weapon to date is the Yamato Cannon, a beam cannon capable of cracking a planet in half. Their tendency to research weaponry clearly states them as a very aggressive race, which they have continued to prove over the years.

Offline Cpt. Brahms

• Galaxy X fanatic
  • USS Atlas NX-90815
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 03:03:53 PM »
I'm just glad he killed off Saffi lol

I too can't wait to see more

It was my pleasure to get rid of the buck-son businesswoman slash b**ch.  :woot:

Edit: Moderators, forgive my language...  :picardfacepalm:

Offline CyAn1d3

• MacDill Shipyards Design Team
  • Cookies: 420
  • RETIRED
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2011, 03:12:05 PM »
It was my pleasure to get rid of the buck-son businesswoman slash b**ch.  :woot:

as long as the death was slow and painful..... VERY slow.

that story should be in a prequel, or like a flashback part.

i would read over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over untill i commit it to memory.... then read again.
I came, i saw, i added a Sig.
Later gents, i have Youtube to take over.
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline flarespire

• The one who breaks the cycle.
  • Cookies: 47
  • God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2011, 06:02:22 PM »
Real nice story line you got going, and thank GOD you killed of Saffi, ugh what a bitch she was.... (excuse the language)

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2011, 06:46:09 PM »
you killed Saffi?  okay, now I gotta read this :P

wait a minute, where's the link?

makes me wanna drop my poly-species ones in again...alt-earths are kinda a tradition in trek :P
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Cpt. Brahms

• Galaxy X fanatic
  • USS Atlas NX-90815
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2011, 07:28:41 PM »
It's a WIP. :banghead: The Prologue is getting close to done, I'll post it as soon as I can.  :D

Also, be on the lookout for my drawing of Draconis and Anasazi. Then all of you will have a concrete idea on what they look like.

Offline Cpt. Brahms

• Galaxy X fanatic
  • USS Atlas NX-90815
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2011, 07:56:59 PM »

Picture of Anasazi Zeriah

Picture of Draconis Sky'thonar

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2011, 08:44:02 PM »
don't forget to throw together a concept sketch for these guys ships.

I have a suggestion for part of the crew on that Gal X. there's a certian 1/4 romulan from the early days of TNG that might be a nice nod.

btw...would Saavik have anything to do with this anywhere?  ;)

OS novel fan

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline TheConstable6

• ^LOL
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2011, 09:11:48 PM »
I'll work on that. They Martirio aren't really invincible anyway. Phasers pierce their shielding and hull plates like paper mache'

Edit: I also should tell a bit about Dracons and Anasazi's people:

Jrekkon are carbon-based, and look like a mix between a Kessok and an anthromorphic dragon. They have two horns that jut out of the back of their heads, and grow to be eight feet tall. They have wings comparable to Gargoyles, and studded ridges running down their backs. Also, their claws can extend and retract by one foot in length, and their bodies are strong enough that they can claw their way through a reinforced duranium wall three feet thick, and still be able to fight. Their ideals and traditions can be compared to Klingons, only Jrekkon views are much more extreme. If someone has slighted them or someone of their family or clan, their traditions and laws state that the one who slighted them must be killed immediately, and in the most painful, gruesome fashion imaginable. Sometimes this is even done on public display, as a sort of ritual to damn the accused and give retribution to the slighted. Even though they posses beam weaponry, they prefer close range combat with sonic amplified swords, as the only way to truly gain honor in their society is to sustain great injury in battle and live to tell the tale.

Martirio are small and agile, with red skin, blue eyes, two sets of eyelids, and birght-colored hair in unorthodox natural colors like orange and purple. They only grow to a maximum height of three feet. Berserkers are augmented to grow up to five and a half feet tall. Some compare them to an "Evil version of master Yoda." Martirio are also carbon-based lifeforms, and are incredibly smart and sophisticated. Half of their population are engineers and researchers, revealing new technology on a daily basis. Martirio ideals greatly revolve around progress and technological advancement, but that doesn't make them weak: Their polaron beam cannons outclass even the Borg in firepower, and they have cloaking devices better than the Scimitar. But their most deadly weapon to date is the Yamato Cannon, a beam cannon capable of cracking a planet in half. Their tendency to research weaponry clearly states them as a very aggressive race, which they have continued to prove over the years.

This is very well and good, seems like two evenly-matched races! (tho outclassing the Borg is a bit :facepalm:)

Now what about this?

"Jrekkon Blade Cruiser - Heaven's Ray (Advanced Jrekkon Spaceship design with a particle blade ramming weapon; Heavy Captial Ship)

Offline Cpt. Brahms

• Galaxy X fanatic
  • USS Atlas NX-90815
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2011, 09:20:55 PM »
This is very well and good, seems like two evenly-matched races! (tho outclassing the Borg is a bit :facepalm:)

Now what about this?

"Jrekkon Blade Cruiser - Heaven's Ray (Advanced Jrekkon Spaceship design with a particle blade ramming weapon; Heavy Captial Ship)

Jrekkon particle blades are basically balades with an sonic/energy amplifying field. They can be used as swords (look at the blade on Draconis' arm) or on their starships as a ramming weapon. They are capable of punching straight through a Federation Starbase without sustaining damage. Unfortanately, this system is prone to easily overheat and takes a while to cool down, so timing is critical.

Offline TheConstable6

• ^LOL
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2011, 09:23:31 PM »
Jrekkon particle blades are basically balades with an sonic/energy amplifying field. They can be used as sword, or on their starships as a ramming weapon. They are capable of punching straight through a Federation Starbase without sustaining damage.

So it would look like a huge blade coming out of a starship?  :muahaha:

Sounds yummy. Would be kind of a pain to pull back out tho  ;)

Offline Cpt. Brahms

• Galaxy X fanatic
  • USS Atlas NX-90815
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2011, 09:25:49 PM »
So it would look like a huge blade coming out of a starship?  :muahaha:

Sounds yummy. Would be kind of a pain to pull back out tho  ;)

True...

Edit: By the way, the ship itself is blade-shaped.

Offline TheConstable6

• ^LOL
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2011, 09:27:32 PM »
This is really starting to excite me! Keep going  :thumbsup:

Offline CyAn1d3

• MacDill Shipyards Design Team
  • Cookies: 420
  • RETIRED
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2011, 09:47:07 PM »
True...

Edit: By the way, the ship itself is blade-shaped.

designs? drawings? this would sound like an awesome ship to build
I came, i saw, i added a Sig.
Later gents, i have Youtube to take over.
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2011, 10:38:35 PM »
wait, a thousand years before the United Federation of Planets?  How'd he get the coffee?  It hadn't even been invented a thousand years before the federation.

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2011, 07:42:36 AM »
there IS a problem, here, concerning the "illegally imported human coffee"

1161-the Arabs are rather busy consolidating their captures, even if they have discovered the coffee plant
1200-1300 tea hasn't made it over from china yet (just the huns and the Plague), let alone coffee (which, btw, Islam hoarded to itself for a while, I believe)
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read