Author Topic: Sovereign001 WIP - Jupiter TOS Station -  (Read 4667 times)

Offline sovereign001

• Cookies: 77
Re: Sovereign001 WIP - Jupiter TOS Station -
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2011, 03:34:41 PM »
Hehe thx. They call me "the tony stark" for something :D

Tiqhud is gonna script it. Perhaps add a small blue phaser on it, to scare away some pirates.

Offline Killallewoks

• RNR
  • Cookies: 175
  • Innuendo implier extordanaire.
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2011, 03:42:08 PM »
It needs better phasers than that! Give it someting  like Wileys Phase 2 connie I think that would be more apropiate, so its got some bite! =D cookie for such fast work!

Offline sovereign001

« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2011, 04:17:48 PM »
I don't wanna make it a battlestation, but if its possible i want to give it a technology advantage.
And thx for the cookie!

1. strong shields. I mean we are talking about a research facility where perhaps important stuff is being researched... If this gets into hands of enemies or if the scientist gets kidnapped because a shuttle is able to lower the shield by a single phaser blast..

2. no massive weaponry and explosions.

3. To explain number 2 --> Give it a phaser one or two. But give it a technology so she can make those simple phasers powerful. Like if a ship gets into weaponrange, it shields get down (10 seconds) by a pulse from the station, and the station can hit your hull. This pulse has a recharge time of course...

Offline Vladko1

• Cookies: 72
  • The trekkie of steel
    • Modders of Steel Shipyards Homepage!
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2011, 11:04:41 PM »
Something like very strong shielding with no photon torpedoes (or several lite mostly for research things), several connie phasers, and strong sensors.

Offline sovereign001

« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2011, 06:41:23 AM »
Sensors indeed, too strong shields mmmh.. Just like a connie perhaps, but perhaps 10 torpedoes like the outpost in generations had (probes)

Offline sovereign001

« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2011, 11:11:05 AM »
Two pictures with the new modified aztec spec texture. (baz texture from his tos pack)

Background is from the site: 1337.arts

Offline Killallewoks

• RNR
  • Cookies: 175
  • Innuendo implier extordanaire.
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2011, 11:42:24 AM »
Coming along nicley!

Offline sovereign001

« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2011, 11:52:51 AM »
I don't think i'm gonna add a lot more.. This is TOS Style we are speaking so no fancy stuff on the hull ;)

Offline Captain_D

• Captain of the Seafood Universe
  • Cookies: 5
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2011, 03:06:51 AM »
Looks good enough to be in a Star Trek Remastered episode.  :yay:

Nice work so far. :thumbsup:

Offline sovereign001

« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2011, 04:03:46 PM »
Thanks for the compliment captain D ;)

Offline BFGfreak

• Cookies: 3
    • My Twitch.TV livestreaming channel
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2011, 12:21:25 AM »
About the weaponry, I think she should have just enough weapons to defend against a single ship. It's not a full fledged star base so it shouldn't be able to take on a fleet, but it should have enough weapons to discourage the curious.
In the battle of ghosts vs robots, robots always win....except in anime.
-Sarge

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2011, 03:59:29 PM »
Looks good enough to be in a Star Trek Remastered episode.  :yay:

:yeahthat:

Offline Commander_One

• Chief of Operations, USS Bo Jangles
  • Cookies: 8
  • Peace and Long Life...Live Long and Prosper
« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2011, 02:00:35 AM »
About the weaponry, I think she should have just enough weapons to defend against a single ship. It's not a full fledged star base so it shouldn't be able to take on a fleet, but it should have enough weapons to discourage the curious.

Agreed... especially like a rogue Klingon Cmdr.  looking for glory....aka trouble, lol.

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2011, 11:05:21 AM »

The original Jupiter Station has been around since atleast the days of Captain Archer and the NX-01. At that time, the station was known to be used for retrofitting starships, including the installation of weapons technology. Would seem a bit dumb to me, for a station to be involved in installing weapons on starships, and not have a few weapons of it's own. I don't see it as unreasonable that the station would continue to have a fair amount of defensive capabilities both in the TOS- and TNG-eras.
Official BCC Discord ยท https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline sovereign001

« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2011, 11:41:10 AM »
Darkthunder has a point and i was a bit shocked to hear that the station was already that old. I mean if you watch the station in voyager, the hull doesn't have any resemblance to the old stuff, i believed it was 2350'ish... Could be another jupiter station or an older one..

Also, this is starfleet, i mean how many stations in starfleet were actually meant to have a defense against something and that you hear that its been wiped out by a single ship or so (or a deus ex stuff).

Or could be the station was indeed meant to upgrade weapons of other ships but that doesn't mean it has weapons of its own, there could be ships patrolling it or a few weapon turrets out there.

Also the jupiter station of voyager was a research post, no weapons upgrades. I think braga & co just messed it up again.

Offline majormagna

• English Idiot
  • Cookies: 5
  • Bail Out!
« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2011, 10:55:35 AM »
Also the jupiter station of voyager was a research post, no weapons upgrades. I think braga & co just messed it up again.

I believe a number of ex-military bases are now used for scientific research nowadays. I can easily see Starfleet doing the same with Jupiter Station.

Perhaps Jupiter Station was refited from time to time, like Starships, though by the Voyager era it seems as though it hasn't had a major update for a few decades. For all we know it's only had two 'upgrades' one to TOS standard, and one to 2350's standard.
Did you know I'm on Twitter?

Offline sovereign001

« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2011, 01:07:35 PM »
Well I don't think this is gonna be in the christmas pack. My macbook 13 inch pro just died a few days ago (bootcamp on it) and i lost everything (but got it backed up). Just bought a 15inch macbook pro (jep, the day it died i bought already a new mac) because i got exams coming up this week, works, presentations for companies etc, so i cannot afford it to lose my mac for more than two weeks..

I'm creating the station now in unity to make it work in a game.

Offline Jb06

• Cookies: 968
  • JL Studios Co-Founder
    • JL Studios
« Reply #57 on: December 17, 2011, 09:14:19 PM »
Solution... Never by an apple :P

Offline baz1701

• Cookies: 1434
« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2012, 06:16:39 AM »
I have taken this over from sov.

Here is a little retexture work.

Whatever knocks us back, can only make us stronger.

Offline moed

• Cookies: 57
  • Star Trekus Fanaticus
« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2012, 11:11:07 AM »
Nice!!