Author Topic: Interesting Issue With DJ Excelsior-A  (Read 904 times)

Offline moed

• Cookies: 57
  • Star Trekus Fanaticus
Interesting Issue With DJ Excelsior-A
« on: April 23, 2012, 01:39:37 PM »
I got around to installing DJ's Excelsior-A last night and encountered and interesting problem.

When the integrated ship first loads into QB, the quantums don't work. They only start working after I separate and then re-integrate. If I'm using the drive section when separated, the quantums work fine on that section. After re-integration, the quantums work fine but, once again, when initially starting QB with the integrated ship, the quantums don't work???

I tried different editing combinations with the 3 separate HP's but still haven't figured out how to fix this.

I have it installed in the latest KM.

Anyone else encountering this? Any fixes?

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
Re: Interesting Issue With DJ Excelsior-A
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 02:53:57 PM »
I haven't had any issues with that, but the quantums do seem to run dry rather fast, despite the fact that the tactical display shows they still have a charge.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Captain_D

• Captain of the Seafood Universe
  • Cookies: 5
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 06:05:07 PM »
I assumed that was his intention, that only the battle section fired quantum when separated, least that's the way it seems when I took it out for a spin. They didn't fire until I separated the ship if that is what you mean. May have been just me. :)

Offline moed

• Star Trekus Fanaticus
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 08:26:51 PM »
I assumed that was his intention, that only the battle section fired quantum when separated, least that's the way it seems when I took it out for a spin. They didn't fire until I separated the ship if that is what you mean. May have been just me. :)

Yes, that is what I mean. But if that was the intention, I don't see the logic in that. If a ship encounters a highly dangerous enemy, why would it have to separate in order to have all of its weapons at its' disposal?

And remember also what I stated, after I re-integrated the ship then the quantums began working with the combined ship... no, there's something screwy  with the script.

Offline DJ Curtis

• Ship Builder
  • Cookies: 1410
  • I make ships.
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 08:37:46 PM »
I just gave it a try but I haven't been able to replicate this problem, Moed.  I'm not sure what to do about it.

Offline moed

• Star Trekus Fanaticus
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 08:56:15 PM »
Thanks DJ.

I'll continue to experiment with the HP's and see if I can maybe figure it out.

In the mean time, if anyone else is encountering this and has any idea's or a fix, share your findings  :)

Offline Phoenix Bondi

• REMEMBER YOUR ORIGIN
  • Cookies: 575
  • Never Forget Your Origins
    • CHRIS JONES GAMING
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 06:49:47 AM »
I got around to installing DJ's Excelsior-A last night and encountered and interesting problem.

When the integrated ship first loads into QB, the quantums don't work. They only start working after I separate and then re-integrate. If I'm using the drive section when separated, the quantums work fine on that section. After re-integration, the quantums work fine but, once again, when initially starting QB with the integrated ship, the quantums don't work???

I tried different editing combinations with the 3 separate HP's but still haven't figured out how to fix this.

I have it installed in the latest KM.

Anyone else encountering this? Any fixes?

happened with me too, just delete the script and nif files and reinstall them - fixed it perfectly for me :D

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, 12:46:00 PM »
just tested this myself, not one problem.  but, then the install I have it on it not the literal latest version of KM, either.  I'm using the patch that went to 1.0 instead.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline moed

• Star Trekus Fanaticus
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2012, 12:59:01 PM »
happened with me too, just delete the script and nif files and reinstall them - fixed it perfectly for me :D

Thanks for the tip phoenix.

But when you say to delete the "script and nif files", could you elaborate on that? Which script files are you referring to? Maybe the .pyc files... is that what you mean?

Also, if the nif files are deleted, then there is no model! Do you mean the .vox files?

Or do you mean to grab the original nif files from the downloaded .zip file and just put them in and overwrite the "old" ones in BC?

Offline Mario

• Senior Software Developer
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1706
  • Life is life
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2012, 03:01:15 PM »
I'd say such a thread belongs to the tech support forum. Did anyone remember to check the console? It's possible that you've got a script error.
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign

Offline moed

• Star Trekus Fanaticus
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2012, 02:38:26 PM »
Well, I haven't been able to determine the exact reason this issue happens but I did discover a workaround that takes care of the problem completely.

Whenever I have the phasers set to 100%, the quantums don't work. But if I drop them by just 1% to 99%, the quantums work perfectly.

Definitely some sort of script snafu. I did a console report and it didn't give any conclusive info on what the specific cause(s) is.

So, this workaround is fine for me.

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2012, 02:43:13 PM »
I noticed the same thing when I beta tested it, I put it in my report to DJ, but I thought it was a hardpoint problem.

Offline KrrKs

• Cookies: 25
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2012, 04:19:16 AM »
That is a known problem with the Phaser Energy slider.
DJ's Hardpoint has nothing to do with it, and AFAIK there is no fix for this, only the workaround moed posted

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2012, 01:35:10 PM »
i dunno about that...
CG's Sovereign and MVAM Prometheus have no problems using quantum torps as pulse weapons with the phaser slider at 100%...

ive not tried the Excel-A as yet, so this is just a guess and perhaps a longshot...
perhaps the quantum pulse weapon isnt getting enough power to function, and when decreasing the power to phasers gives it enough power to work?
i dunno, just a random guess...  :idk:

Offline moed

• Star Trekus Fanaticus
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2012, 12:04:08 AM »
You might be on to something Jimmy.

I'm going to research that a bit.