Author Topic: Concerning filefront's long term technical problems  (Read 446 times)

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
Concerning filefront's long term technical problems
« on: April 28, 2012, 12:57:13 PM »
it looks like everyone's finally :bitch: enough that the filefront staff noticed, and put up a notice themselves

Here is a list of item that you do not need to report as they are listed as known to out IT department.

Servers not updating each other correctly. (This means sometimes the sites seem to revert back to March last year)
Invalid file ID or file not found (this is related to the above fault. hitting F5 should bring up the right page eventually)
Potds not being updated (This is a internal issue)
Server 2 Server not working (This is a internal issue)
Submitting a file can return errors (This is a internal issue but is rare)
In some browsers the sites text is shown as centred (This is a internal issue)
The online now stats not updating.
The Latest Forum posts is not updating.

here is the full post.
http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/news/Potd_and_Tech_Support;51676

i figured it was best to post this, as a lot of people don't bother to read filefront's newsline.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Mario

• Senior Software Developer
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1706
  • Life is life
Re: Concerning filefront's long term technical problems
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 01:03:02 PM »
What does this post have to do with BC Technical Support forum?
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 06:39:32 PM »
if it needs to be moved, it needs to be moved.  but FF's mucking up has become as common as mod technical problems, and I thought it deserved to be where it could be stickied untill the problems are fixed.  it's up to jimmy.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Mario

• Senior Software Developer
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1706
  • Life is life
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 07:38:37 PM »
I'm pretty sure that by now everybody at BCC is aware of problems with Filefront. One more thread about it won't help much. This thread does not belong to Tech Support forums nor does it make any sense to be made sticky.

I'm also going to move this thread.
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 08:10:54 PM »
indeed, there are already a few threads going on about Gamefront and their sites (BCFiles being one of them) having many issues...
if i can locate the other threads (im fairly sure there are like 2 others) then ill just merge them into one thread (unless a moderator beats me to it lol)
makes more sense that way...  no need to sticky the thread really...  it isnt a major deal, since it has been going on for a long while to where we are all pretty much used to hitting F5 to refresh the page; tho we shouldnt have to be made to get used to it, hopefully Gamefront will sort out their issues soon....