Author Topic: Removal Of Programs  (Read 560 times)

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
Removal Of Programs
« on: May 11, 2012, 03:55:40 PM »
this is prolly a dumb question lol
i am going through all the programs in my PC and getting rid of stuff i havent accessed in several months and things i judst dont need anymore...  just a bit of maintenance...
in my programs list, as i uninstall things, i have the SNS Galaxy and CE Nebula Class Pack v1.1 listed...  if i get rid of those (uninstall) from the programs list, will doing so remove those ships from my install(s)?

Offline moed

• Cookies: 57
  • Star Trekus Fanaticus
Re: Removal Of Programs
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 04:35:17 PM »
Not sure.

One thing I do is (and this is tedious but, it works) download and unpack one of the packs you mentioned, let's use the SNS Galaxy Pack as an example. And proceed with an install as if I'm going to install it in BC again. But this time, during the installation procedure, I create a separate folder named SNS Galaxy Pack and place it on my desktop. The installation gives you the option of where you want to install all the folders/files. I then point it to that folder I created and it unpacks everything in the way we're used to.

That creates a nice "backup" of all the files that I need for the pack. I then go ahead and uninstall the existing SNS Galaxy that's listed in the programs list. If it does completely uninstall the currently installed pack that's in your BC, no problem, I just copy/paste back into BC the contents of the files I put in that folder I created and this time around, you don't get the uninstall program in your program files. And everything is back to normal.

Hope this helps.

Offline Mario

• Senior Software Developer
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1706
  • Life is life
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 04:54:28 PM »
Yes. These older mods used install creator pro program to create installations. To correct this search your bc folder for any exe files and delete which are not stbc.exe. Then hit uninstall, windows will throw and error and offer you to remove this program from installed programs list.
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 05:34:19 PM »
cool - thanks :)

Offline Mario

• Senior Software Developer
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1706
  • Life is life
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 06:45:42 PM »
remember always make a backup.
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign

Offline epetaI tSepeS

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2012, 05:24:52 PM »
I just went through a 12 hour ordeal doing the same thing, dumping old unused programs, and some used ones. Comodo proved especially difficult.

I found a program called Revo that was simply amazing. It will locate all files associated to the program you are dumping so you can be sure all hidden files are cleaned up.

Hope that helps.
mor'taH epetaI-tSepeS
Imperial Minister
The Empire

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2012, 08:37:25 PM »
ya revo uninstaller is an excellent program and i have been using that for a few years now - highly recommend it!