Author Topic: ChiefBrex's WIP List: CP: Rigel Class (Updated: 25.08.12)  (Read 4560 times)

Offline BFGfreak

• Cookies: 3
    • My Twitch.TV livestreaming channel
Re: ChiefBrex's WIP List: CP: Rigel Class (Concept)
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2012, 07:54:23 PM »
Cool, so it's like the thingy on the connie bridges that's between sulu and chekov I take it?
In the battle of ghosts vs robots, robots always win....except in anime.
-Sarge

Offline ChiefBrex

• Cookies: 303
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2012, 07:59:41 PM »
No, that's an Astrogation plotter that you're thinking of. He's talking about the box thingie directly in front of the Captain's Chair on the 3rd tier. Not the column between the helm and ops posts.

Offline mckinneyc

• Screenshot Master
  • Cookies: 151
  • Screenshot Master
    • My DA page
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2012, 08:23:17 PM »
Liking the revisions Chief! Great plan

Offline ChiefBrex

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2012, 08:38:08 PM »
Liking the revisions Chief! Great plan

I can't take all the credit. Bones did offer some great suggestions. I just modified what he suggested.

Offline andyp

• Cookies: 28
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2012, 09:23:27 PM »
I haven't even started building the bridge yet, and you're already suggesting a total redesign of the bridge. And the Helm/Ops console was a design choice I made. Yes, it looks similar to TMP Era, but a floor plan doesn't show you the nuances of the design. You don't see any details. You see just the basic shapes of the consoles. You're making assumptions of the designs before I even have had a chance to really create them. So, no, I will not redesign the consoles.

I apologize I thought you were still in the process of designing it based off of feedback from bones. I will keep my mouth shut, as i meant no disrespect.
You may know me as Batoy853 elsewhere...

Offline j.t.k.

• Cookies: 0
  • BANNED!
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2012, 01:56:41 AM »
Hi,

Who deleted my post without notice ?  :cry:
This is not a forum but a dictatorship ! :evil:

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2012, 03:49:13 AM »
Yes, it was meant to be either ship hull integrity / shield status monitor or navigational star chart ;) I thought adding it to your bridge would give it that cool vintage feeling ;)

I really like what you've done with the design, looks soo much better now  :thumbsup:

As for the ship monitor, it works just as LCARS alert status map swaping but it uses more complicated script, in the process of production you could use script from Miranda / Connie or Ambassador bridges.

Offline FarShot

• That guy with good ideas...
  • Cookies: 787
  • I'm actually making stuff! :D
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2012, 04:02:49 AM »
Hi,

Who deleted my post without notice ?  :cry:

Because Brex asked you all to stop spamming his threads with unnecessary nonsense.  Any further discussion along these lines will be similarly dealt with.

Let's get on topic, people.

Offline ChiefBrex

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2012, 04:56:03 AM »
Hi,

Who deleted my post without notice ?  :cry:
Because Brex asked you all to stop spamming his threads with unnecessary nonsense.  Any further discussion along these lines will be similarly dealt with.

Let's get on topic, people.

:yeahthat:

Yes, it was meant to be either ship hull integrity / shield status monitor or navigational star chart ;) I thought adding it to your bridge would give it that cool vintage feeling ;)

I really like what you've done with the design, looks soo much better now  :thumbsup:

As for the ship monitor, it works just as LCARS alert status map swaping but it uses more complicated script, in the process of production you could use script from Miranda / Connie or Ambassador bridges.

I'm going to need a lot of help with the scripting, animations, texturing, lighting, special fx, crew placement and animations, alert effects, and anything else I missed. Starship texturing is a lot easier compared to this.

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2012, 05:38:03 AM »
We can borrow most of the scripting from Ambassador bridge due to similiarities of the design, animations will be the hardest part. I could cover LCARS designs later, when the bridge is done and textured ;) I'm sure Baz and Lurok can fill you in about the scripting / animating and all the impossible stuff of bridge building :P

Offline ChiefBrex

« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2012, 05:59:45 AM »
We can borrow most of the scripting from Ambassador bridge due to similiarities of the design, animations will be the hardest part. I could cover LCARS designs later, when the bridge is done and textured ;) I'm sure Baz and Lurok can fill you in about the scripting / animating and all the impossible stuff of bridge building :P

I feel sorry for both of them. Teaching me is like teaching a mule. We're both stubborn lol. Srsly though, I how they can dumb down stuff, because scripting was never easy for me in BC, and neither were animations. And I have never even attempted anything with bridge crew, other than trying to finish the original bridge crew swapping mod that put the crew in their right seats.

Offline ChiefBrex

Re: ChiefBrex's WIP List: CP: Rigel Class (Updated: 23.08.2012)
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2012, 07:55:50 PM »
Okay, here's what I got so far. It's not much of anything. It's just some walls, the floors, and the side doors.

Offline BFGfreak

• Cookies: 3
    • My Twitch.TV livestreaming channel
Re: ChiefBrex's WIP List: CP: Rigel Class (Updated: 23.08.12)
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2012, 09:58:40 PM »
while I want to hold final judgement until the consoles are more fleshed out, I'm thinking that the aft section shouldn't have a step up to access it. Either make it a ramp or even with the second tier might work, but as I said, I say wait until you have it more blocked out before making these minor changes.
In the battle of ghosts vs robots, robots always win....except in anime.
-Sarge

Offline ChiefBrex

« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2012, 11:04:40 PM »
Final Update for the bridge for tonight.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2012, 01:33:01 AM »
still an alarming lack of bar!
and pink walls, a booming sound system, an upper level for an awesome DJ, a few stipper-poles for the sluts, proper lighting, and a disco ball up on the ceiling would help :P
ok ill stop spamming now...  yay postcounts! :P

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2012, 03:46:15 AM »
and pink walls, a booming sound system, an upper level for an awesome DJ, a few stipper-poles for the sluts, proper lighting, and a disco ball up on the ceiling would help :P
ok ill stop spamming now...  yay postcounts! :P
Sir, I'm reporting you to modera ... oh, wait ... you're moderator ... oooohh... moving along :funny

Chief, that's insanly quick built bridge, even if that's a rough version. What I'm thinking about it is walls, what if you make them tilt toward the center, the more they go up to the ceiling, more they tilt toward center but only slightly. I'm not sure if it would look all that good tho.

keep it up  :thumbsup:

Offline FarShot

• That guy with good ideas...
  • Cookies: 787
  • I'm actually making stuff! :D
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2012, 03:56:45 AM »
ok ill stop spamming now...  yay postcounts! :P

I'd learn bridge modding to make this.  I'd make custom animations for the strippers as well.  New mod team anyone? :P

On an ontopic (but just as serious) note, she's looking good.  If you need help with custom LCARS or an MSD for the Rigel, I can help. ;)

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2012, 04:51:48 AM »
Chief, that's insanly quick built bridge, even if that's a rough version...

keep it up  :thumbsup:

:yeahthat:  Good start. 

Offline ChiefBrex

« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2012, 06:03:08 AM »
Yeah, even I have to admit I'm surprised at how fast it went. But I will say this, using the skeleton that I lovingly call Captain Bones, has had the process a lot faster and easier.  The tiers should be set at a height now comfortable enough for any npc to walk between them, should the need arise.

I may tweak the consoles a bit. I think im going to download lc's ambassador bridge, yama guchi variant to get the basic shape of the  consoles that I want, then distort them to the shapes I have chosen. And for the middle side consoles, instead of having them go all the way to the floor, like on Voyager, I may do them as tngish, with battle bridge or ambassador style supports. They'll still sit over the edge of the 2nd tier though.

Offline baz1701

• Cookies: 1434
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2012, 06:09:50 AM »
:yeahthat:  Good start. 
:yeahthat:

Need any converstion help give me a shout.
Whatever knocks us back, can only make us stronger.