Author Topic: ChiefBrex's WIP List: CP: Rigel Class (Updated: 25.08.12)  (Read 4565 times)

Offline ChiefBrex

• Cookies: 303
ChiefBrex's WIP List: CP: Rigel Class (Updated: 25.08.12)
« on: August 21, 2012, 10:00:28 PM »
I know what you're thinking. "Brex must've gotten lost on the way to the Modding Forum," "What's Brex doing in the BC Bridge Modding forum?"

No, I'm not lost. And no, it's not the end of the world....yet.

This, is why I'm here:

I'm sure you guys can figure out what it is ;) Comments and suggestions are most definitely welcome. I have never made a bridge before. Been reading all the tutorial threads and stuff. But will still need a LOT of help with this idea. I'll also be glad to answer any questions you guys have about what's where and all. So yeah.... enjoy.

Offline BFGfreak

• Cookies: 3
    • My Twitch.TV livestreaming channel
Re: ChiefBrex's WIP List: CP: Rigel Class (Concept)
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 01:17:46 AM »
Well I do have a suggestion for your rainbow variant that you're giving to Jimmy: Make Hendrix the red alert klaxon. That said, it does look like a pretty simple floor plan for the bridge part, so unless you're planning an excalibur release, the basic plan shouldn't be too difficult, granted I'm not too knowledgeable when it comes to interior models. From what I understand, modeling the bridge isn't the hard part, it's getting it all to work that's hard, but I wish you the best of luck.
In the battle of ghosts vs robots, robots always win....except in anime.
-Sarge

Offline bdfd

• Cookies: 0
  • BANNED!
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 01:59:39 AM »
Please Brex, where are restrooms  near the bridge ?
I'm in a hurry !  :funny

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 02:23:52 AM »
Please Brex, where are restrooms  near the bridge ?
I'm in a hurry !
yeah and there is an alarming lack of bar...  just sayin.. lol :P
we could have shot-bois in the red-shirt-skirts that men were shown wearing in season 1 of TNG :P

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 04:57:53 AM »
It would take me more than a week to explain what I would change if I were you so here's my idea of the floorplan for your bridge ;)

Offline ChiefBrex

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2012, 05:57:53 AM »
Nice bones. But it looks a little cramped. Not sure I'd want three tiers on the bridge. Plus, I don't want the command center to be that far back. And I really only want one command chair. But, I do like the forward facing side consoles. And I like that you kept the main forward console. And the rear station did fix my issue of where to put Brex. Plus the MSD would be back along the wall behind that rear station. So I will add these changes to my floor plan, which is still a WIP. That's why I called it a concept ;)

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2012, 07:49:52 AM »
Yes, it does look stuffed a bit too much ;) but the wooden arch behind captain would be an awesome addition like a crossover of Ambassador and Galaxy class bridges (Yamaguchi bridge had similiar arch) Glad I could help you ;)

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2012, 08:55:40 AM »
Sorry, impossible to resist  :dance

Most people atleast make the effort. And no, I don't see the resemblence. Could be argued that ALL bridges share that resemblence if it were true.

As for the bridge design itself, will be interesting to see Brex's first bridge :)
Official BCC Discord · https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline ChiefBrex

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2012, 12:09:42 PM »
Stop hijacking my threads. Keep this thread about the bridge concept I'm working on, or I'll report people to the moderators mm. consider this my last warning to everyone.

Offline FarShot

• That guy with good ideas...
  • Cookies: 787
  • I'm actually making stuff! :D
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2012, 02:53:09 PM »
Stop hijacking my threads. Keep this thread about the bridge concept I'm working on, or I'll report people to the moderators mm. consider this my last warning to everyone.

Cleared the offtopic posts.  Brex has asked several times already across his threads to keep them on track.  Please respect his wishes.

-FarShot

Offline mckinneyc

• Screenshot Master
  • Cookies: 151
  • Screenshot Master
    • My DA page
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2012, 03:00:48 PM »
I like Bones' version however in his I would move the port and starboard stations to the middle level

Offline ChiefBrex

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2012, 03:56:25 PM »
I like Bones' version however in his I would move the port and starboard stations to the middle level

This might work, as I was planning on taking out the 2nd tier anyway. That way, there are only 2 tiers in the bridge, with the arch being behind the captains chair. I'd move the Captain's chair and arch forward a little bit to make room between the arch stations and the back wall where the MSD will be. This arrangement will make the bridge less cluttered.

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2012, 05:18:36 PM »
Indeed, I had a feeling I'm puting too much out there  :funny

This bridge is getting really interesting :thumbsup:

Offline ChiefBrex

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2012, 06:03:27 PM »
Indeed, I had a feeling I'm puting too much out there  :funny

This bridge is getting really interesting :thumbsup:

Then tell me what you think of this:

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2012, 06:12:48 PM »

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2012, 06:27:58 PM »
Now THAT one I like.

I assume an officer layout similar to this:
Official BCC Discord · https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Matt Williams

• Cookies: 1
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2012, 06:59:47 PM »
This is just an idea. Not sure if it's an improvement or not so keep that in mind.

What if the steps were cut into the higher tier? Like on the Nova class bridge: http://www.cardassiaprimera.com.ar/Nova-Class-USS-Equinox-Bridge.jpg

Also I dunno if it was on purpose but the arch stations don't have any steps.

Offline ChiefBrex

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2012, 07:13:50 PM »
DT: Switch the officer positions as follows:

XO ==> Tac
Sci ==> Eng
Helm ==> Ops

and vice versa. That'll give you the idea of how the stations would be laid out.

As for the stairs to the Arch stations, they're added, and they're cut into the tier like on a Nova class bridge.

Offline andyp

• Cookies: 28
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2012, 07:15:12 PM »
a question and a suggestion:

What is the thing that is located in front of the captains chair? is that a console or the light fixture on the ceiling?

and I would suggest making the consoles closer to the early TNG era to fit in with the TLE feel to the Rigel class. Currently the helm/opps feels closer to TMP, and the science / engineering stations look more towards DS9.

I would suggest looking towards the ambassador class ship, the Hathaway bridge from "Peak Performance" and even looking towards the galaxy class battle bridge.

Beyond that Interesting design I look forward to seeing what you do!
You may know me as Batoy853 elsewhere...

Offline ChiefBrex

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2012, 07:44:13 PM »
a question and a suggestion:

What is the thing that is located in front of the captains chair? is that a console or the light fixture on the ceiling?

and I would suggest making the consoles closer to the early TNG era to fit in with the TLE feel to the Rigel class. Currently the helm/opps feels closer to TMP, and the science / engineering stations look more towards DS9.

I would suggest looking towards the ambassador class ship, the Hathaway bridge from "Peak Performance" and even looking towards the galaxy class battle bridge.

Beyond that Interesting design I look forward to seeing what you do!

I haven't even started building the bridge yet, and you're already suggesting a total redesign of the bridge. And the Helm/Ops console was a design choice I made. Yes, it looks similar to TMP Era, but a floor plan doesn't show you the nuances of the design. You don't see any details. You see just the basic shapes of the consoles. You're making assumptions of the designs before I even have had a chance to really create them. So, no, I will not redesign the consoles. I don't need to look at the Ambassador, Hathaway, and Battle Bridges. I just looked at those bridges not more than 30 mins ago, and saw nothing from any of them that I wanted to include in this design.

As for the thing in front of the Captain's chair, it's going to be a condensed situational monitor. My hope is that it will display shields and weapons status, without relying on the HUD of the game.