Author Topic: ChiefBrex's WIP List: CP: Rigel Class (Updated: 25.08.12)  (Read 4562 times)

Offline ChiefBrex

• Cookies: 303
Re: ChiefBrex's WIP List: CP: Rigel Class (Updated: 23.08.12)
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2012, 06:13:07 AM »
:yeahthat:

Need any converstion help give me a shout.

zOMG, baz posted in my thread! :yay: :bow:

Offline FarShot

• That guy with good ideas...
  • Cookies: 787
  • I'm actually making stuff! :D
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2012, 01:37:51 PM »
It's an awesome feeling, isn't it? :)

Offline ChiefBrex

« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2012, 01:44:26 PM »
oh yeah. BTW, does anyone have the Ambassador bridges? I'm trying to download them from BC Files, but it keeps saying that the file can't be found.

Offline andyp

• Cookies: 28
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2012, 02:20:05 PM »
I may do them as tngish, with battle bridge or ambassador style supports. They'll still sit over the edge of the 2nd tier though.

Nice Start! yeah I agree I think that doing this will make it fit with the era you are going for and will make the bridge look amazing!

not to go off topic but lurok / baz anyway you guys could do a tutorial on the scripting / animation for bridge modding, thats what I could not figure out for my bridge and gave up a year ago. I think it would help ChiefBrex too as he said he did not know how to do it
You may know me as Batoy853 elsewhere...

Offline ChiefBrex

« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2012, 04:50:42 PM »

Updated the consoles a little bit. I think they look even better now. Also added the rail, and the captain's Chair. Now I'm getting to the hard stuff. I think I know what pattern I want to put on the bare walls. And the MSD and door to the head are going on the backwall once I'm done with symmetry modeling.

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2012, 05:19:37 AM »
zOMG, baz posted in my thread! :yay: :bow:

Man, don't even get no recognition in own forum  :funny.  Fortunately Baz knows as much as I do so he'll be sure to sort out any problems  :thumbsup: 

Offline ChiefBrex

« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2012, 05:31:22 AM »
Man, don't even get no recognition in own forum  :funny.  Fortunately Baz knows as much as I do so he'll be sure to sort out any problems  :thumbsup: 

The first post in almost 24 hours, and it doesn't even mention the bridge! D:  :cry:

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
Re: ChiefBrex's WIP List: CP: Rigel Class (Updated: 24.08.12)
« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2012, 05:33:21 AM »
Sorry, gotten pre-occupied with Guild Wars 2 (headstart release today :P)

As for the bridge, it appears you are making excellent progress so far. Are the steps meant to be as is, or were you gonna make them "cut in" to the floor levels?
Official BCC Discord · https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline ChiefBrex

« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2012, 05:50:03 AM »
Sorry, gotten pre-occupied with Guild Wars 2 (headstart release today :P)

As for the bridge, it appears you are making excellent progress so far. Are the steps meant to be as is, or were you gonna make them "cut in" to the floor levels?

Only the back stairs behind the arch are meant to be cut in. The ones up front are meant to be that way.

Offline ChiefBrex

« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2012, 10:11:44 AM »
Latest Update on a Double Post. Chairs are built. Viewscreen is in place. Door to the bathroom is in place. Floor plan is pretty much complete. I'm trying to decide if I want to add wall details to bare walls on either side of the viewscreen wall, or if I want to add recessed consoles, like on the Enterprise-B bridge. Otherwise, once the walls are finished, I'm going to start cutting out the LCARS consoles and making them separate meshes. Once that's done, I'll pretty much be finished with the mesh. After that, I have NO IDEA WHAT TO DO!  :hithead: :banghead: :idk: :help: :doh: :newbie: :hide

Offline andyp

• Cookies: 28
Re: ChiefBrex's WIP List: CP: Rigel Class (Updated: 25.08.12)
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2012, 01:27:37 PM »
Nice progress!

I think the captains chair looks a little skinny. I found this image for reference(captains chair ortho) of course tho, that chair is based off of the second season and beyond chair, but the season 1 chair went on to be the basis for TLE captains chairs. Both chairs share a similar shape.

other than that the next step would be to determine how detailed do you want to make your mesh most ships of the era had panels resembling what you see on the galaxy bridge ramp.

Oh, and a ceiling would be nice.

After modeling is done then just like with ship modding create the uv's then the textures.

followed by creating lightmaps.
You may know me as Batoy853 elsewhere...

Offline ChiefBrex

« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2012, 01:50:32 PM »
Nice progress!

I think the captains chair looks a little skinny. I found this image for reference(captains chair ortho) of course tho, that chair is based off of the second season and beyond chair, but the season 1 chair went on to be the basis for TLE captains chairs. Both chairs share a similar shape.

other than that the next step would be to determine how detailed do you want to make your mesh most ships of the era had panels resembling what you see on the galaxy bridge ramp.

Oh, and a ceiling would be nice.

After modeling is done then just like with ship modding create the uv's then the textures.

followed by creating lightmaps.

Sooooooooo nitpicky. Now you want a ceiling. Do I look like an interior designer to you? XD

yeah, totally forgot that I need a ceiling to this beast -_-
As for the Captain's chair, I didn't want to use the one from Season 1. I definitely chose elements from it, but I wanted something a little different. But I will admit, it's too thin. Going to widen it a bit.

Offline ChiefBrex

« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2012, 05:32:33 PM »
Okay, I need some serious help. I've been trying to design a ceiling for this bridge, But I'm not coming up with anything useful. Any suggestions?

Offline Killallewoks

• RNR
  • Cookies: 175
  • Innuendo implier extordanaire.
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2012, 05:44:53 PM »
How about something similar ti the Ent-D bridge?

Offline ChiefBrex

« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2012, 06:17:25 PM »
I could try that, but would have to replace the skylight with something else, as the Rigel Class does not have a skylight.

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2012, 06:18:44 PM »
Perhaps a light fixture of some kind? Not the kind that the Ent-A had, but something a little less "intrusive", while being bigger in a diameter?
Official BCC Discord · https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Killallewoks

• RNR
  • Cookies: 175
  • Innuendo implier extordanaire.
« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2012, 06:19:38 PM »
I could try that, but would have to replace the skylight with something else, as the Rigel Class does not have a skylight.

How about something like the dome on the Excelsior class?

Offline ChiefBrex

« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2012, 07:43:34 PM »
hmm, the TNG ceiling is harder to do than I thought. Especially on a bridge that is mostly circular.