Author Topic: Alliance Fleet WIP (Mass Effect 3)  (Read 3233 times)

Offline BFGfreak

• Cookies: 3
    • My Twitch.TV livestreaming channel
Re: Alliance Fleet WIP (Mass Effect 3)
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2012, 09:55:32 PM »
I really love the detail on the engines, the gold/bronze really accents nicely with the greys and blue accent.
In the battle of ghosts vs robots, robots always win....except in anime.
-Sarge

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2012, 05:13:08 PM »
those are actually Bioware's engines :P I'm gonna aim for a much cleaner style of SR-2 ;)

and that's why I couldn't settle for the preview textures from my last post... decided to re-draw then again, now I think the main hull of the frigate looks much better ;) I fell in love with SR-2 allaince paint scheme and thought is would look epic on SR-1 (frigate) so main hull is done, engines comes next then exhausts and tower.

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2012, 06:48:40 PM »
The SR-1 in the SR-2's colors.  I like the way you think Bones. :thumbsup:

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline battlestartriton

• Cookies: 0
  • BCcentral, the friendliest place on earth riiiight
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2012, 09:27:18 AM »
beautiful work  :yay:  :thumbsup: seriously, But I was wondering If you were going to release these two:

ME3 Alliance dreadnaught:

http://troodon80.deviantart.com/gallery/38584637?offset=48#/d524euo

Cerberus Cruiser (I know you are releasing the model in alliance colors):

http://troodon80.deviantart.com/gallery/38584637?offset=48#/d4w898d

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2012, 10:11:11 AM »
I do not know yet, Cerberus cruiser will be there for sure, but I'm not sure about ME3 Dreadnought, if I manage to find it in ME3, I'll most definitely port it ;)

Final touches to do before I sent all the ships that are ready to beta testers and there's the list of ships that are working ingame (just need to work on harpoints for a little bit longer ;)

Alliance fleet :
Fighter
Cruiser
Battlecruiser (Cerberus cruiser with Alliance colors)
Dreadnought (ME1 version retextured to fit ME3 style)

Collector's cruiser

Asari Dreadnought - Destiny Ascension

and here's scale chart of all those ships

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2012, 01:30:36 PM »
Awesome.  Gotta love the Destiny Ascension.  It's so weird, but beautiful at the same time.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline battlestartriton

• BCcentral, the friendliest place on earth riiiight
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2012, 01:52:15 PM »
 :cry: ...... Its full of win!!!!!

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2012, 02:22:46 PM »
What is best about this list, is that these ships are about to hit BCFiles soon ;) this time nothing stops me  :D

Offline Killallewoks

• RNR
  • Cookies: 175
  • Innuendo implier extordanaire.
« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2012, 02:38:13 PM »
Woop, can't wait to download these awesome ships!

Offline moed

• Cookies: 57
  • Star Trekus Fanaticus
« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2012, 02:45:24 PM »
Awesome Bones.

Great work!

Offline Maxloef

• STBC Aftermath Co Founder
  • Cookies: 61
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2012, 05:33:59 PM »
the Normandy+Sr2 is WAY to big! it should be ALLOT smaller its pretty much the size of the defiant!

thats not the alliance dreadnaught, thats an old alliance cruiser, Mass effect 3 dreadnaught can be found here!:

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/068/7/d/mass_effect_alliance_dreadnought_and_cruiser_by_supermanlovesaspen-d4s943f.jpg
http://a350fly.free.fr/Divers/ME3_Dreadnought.jpg
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/154/a/6/mass_effect_3__alliance_dreadnought_reference__by_troodon80-d524euo.jpg

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2012, 06:57:52 PM »
Yes, indeed that's not the Dreadnought from ME3, I have already said that ;) In ME1 data packages the model is called Alliance_Dreadnought. I will be trying to kitbash ME3 Dreadnought tho ;) with your reference pictures it shouldn't be hard so thanks for them ;)

SR-1 is stated to be around 150 meters lond while SR-2 was said tobe twice the size of SR-1, that statement would make SR-2 a 300 meters long at least tho BioWare isn't too consistant on size (in cinematics SR-1 is half smaller than Turian Cruisers and Alliance Dreadnoughts (both said to be around 600 meters according to ME1 codex)

I haven't been able to work on any of these for past two days, I'll get back to them tomorrow ;)

Offline Maxloef

« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2012, 03:46:21 AM »
Yes, indeed that's not the Dreadnought from ME3, I have already said that ;) In ME1 data packages the model is called Alliance_Dreadnought. I will be trying to kitbash ME3 Dreadnought tho ;) with your reference pictures it shouldn't be hard so thanks for them ;)

SR-1 is stated to be around 150 meters lond while SR-2 was said tobe twice the size of SR-1, that statement would make SR-2 a 300 meters long at least tho BioWare isn't too consistant on size (in cinematics SR-1 is half smaller than Turian Cruisers and Alliance Dreadnoughts (both said to be around 600 meters according to ME1 codex)

I haven't been able to work on any of these for past two days, I'll get back to them tomorrow ;)

I have a kitbashed dreadnaught around if you're interested ;)

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2012, 12:06:49 PM »
Sure, that will save mealot of work, thanks  :thumbsup:

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2012, 12:23:17 PM »
Well, the SR-2 technically has more decks than the Defiant...well, depending on which VERSION of the Defiant we're talking about.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline FarShot

• That guy with good ideas...
  • Cookies: 787
  • I'm actually making stuff! :D
« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2012, 03:37:55 PM »
I refuse to believe there were Dreadnoughts in any of the battles depicted in Mass Effect 1 or 3.  It would go against everything stated in the Codex.  They have no business being any closer than a thousand kilos to any battle.  Just say they were cruisers, mislabeled in game files.  That would fix the sizing as well.

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2012, 04:49:00 PM »
Yes, I've came to such conclusion as well, with Max's Dreadnought size issue shuoldn't be a problem, considering either ME1&ME3 ships assisting Normandy were cruisers (during Crucible cutscenes we can actually see real dreadniougt) so all the ships I have ported are cruisers up to battlecruisers, Dreadnought will have to be at least twice the size of cruiser :P

Offline Daniel Joy

• i am the doctor
« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2012, 08:45:03 PM »
i can't wait for the ships but i will like u to try to make a normandy sr2 with full upgrades like at the end of mass effect 2

Offline Maxloef

« Reply #58 on: December 24, 2012, 11:46:32 AM »
I refuse to believe there were Dreadnoughts in any of the battles depicted in Mass Effect 1 or 3.  It would go against everything stated in the Codex.  They have no business being any closer than a thousand kilos to any battle.  Just say they were cruisers, mislabeled in game files.  That would fix the sizing as well.

Untrue multiple dreadnaughts i think 3 can be spotted in the battle scenes also they can be seen in the Omega dlc cutscene battle where they are very much capable of close combat

Offline FarShot

• That guy with good ideas...
  • Cookies: 787
  • I'm actually making stuff! :D
« Reply #59 on: December 24, 2012, 03:51:05 PM »
It's been stated in the Codex that Dreadnoughts would get in the way in close quarters, given that they're too large to maneuver their mass drivers to fire.  Were they in cutscenes?  Yes, because Mass Effect suffers from making space battles look exciting so they had to throw them in.  Just like in Star Trek - Data would say they were something thousand kilometers from an enemy ship, then in the next shot, they're shooting at each other at point blank range.