Author Topic: Doctor Who Series Topic Discussion - May Contain Spoilers  (Read 22211 times)

Offline Vortex

• Modder in Learning
  • Cookies: 28
Re: Doctor Who Series Topic Discussion - May Contain Spoilers
« Reply #840 on: May 12, 2013, 12:27:36 PM »
I would have rolled my eyes at the Tom Tom joke, but I might have missed a frame of DW. :p I think the joke felt a little forced, but not enough to take away from the episode.

The new Cybermen. There's something about them that gives them a slightly more terrifying presence. Something with the head, I don't know quite what it is. They look better, still like the old one's, but these are great. Even if they do have an arc reactor. :p

Also, I did catch the Alons-y.

Have you noticed that they've started using more RTD era music this last half of the series. Mostly for the "Next Time" segments. That cyber track, I really kept thinking it was going to hit the Doctor Forever segment, and then they cut/looped instead. xD

Offline Tuskin38

• Cookies: 111
« Reply #841 on: May 12, 2013, 03:04:17 PM »
The DVD/Blu-Ray has been sent out early to some reviewers, and some sites sent it early. So watch out for spoilers for the finale.

Offline flarespire

• The one who breaks the cycle.
  • Cookies: 47
  • God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #842 on: May 12, 2013, 07:18:41 PM »
Is it just me or did the new rendition of the Cybermen in this Saturdays episode seem a little... Borg-ish?   :idk:

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #843 on: May 13, 2013, 12:53:03 AM »
I thought the same thing, they were definitely trying to emulate the borg, especially with the cybermen assimilating people and "upgrading" to adapt to attacks.  Maybe the producers are trying to add continuity with the Assimilation2 comic (I haven't gotten around to reading the last book, so I don't know how it ends, please don't spoil it).  I thought the upgrades were a little over the top, though.

Offline captain_obvious

• The captain of obvious-ness
  • Cookies: 54
    • ARmy Rumour SErvice- British Army Unofficial community
« Reply #844 on: May 13, 2013, 03:55:33 PM »
I thought the same thing, they were definitely trying to emulate the borg, especially with the cybermen assimilating people and "upgrading" to adapt to attacks.  Maybe the producers are trying to add continuity with the Assimilation2 comic (I haven't gotten around to reading the last book, so I don't know how it ends, please don't spoil it).  I thought the upgrades were a little over the top, though.

I've been waiting on the last book myself.  Damn near 6 months now by my reckoning.  Why the hell hasn't it come out yet I wonder?
I miss :bigdance:

Offline Darran

• Cookies: 19
« Reply #845 on: May 14, 2013, 08:19:01 PM »
Run you clever boy, and remember........................

What if Clara set him off in the first place. Think about it, as an 8 year old child, when he looked into the untempered schism, The Doctor ran. What if somehow, through something that happens in the series finale, has Claras words echo through the time vortex and into the mind of a Juvenal Doctor

just a thought

Offline Vortex

• Modder in Learning
« Reply #846 on: May 15, 2013, 09:57:36 AM »
That wouldn't surprise me, and would be quite need. Some screenshots from the finale have been released and one of them... Oh my... :D

Offline Darran

« Reply #847 on: May 15, 2013, 10:49:12 AM »
That wouldn't surprise me, and would be quite need. Some screenshots from the finale have been released and one of them... Oh my... :D

Official sources or unofficial? regardless, do you have a link?

Offline Vortex

• Modder in Learning

Offline Vortex

• Modder in Learning
« Reply #849 on: May 18, 2013, 02:50:13 PM »
Well, Moffat proved that he can still tell a good story. That opening sequence... amazing! And the end... AMAZING!! And the middle? That was good, definitely had it's moments.

Offline mckinneyc

• Screenshot Master
  • Cookies: 151
  • Screenshot Master
    • My DA page
« Reply #850 on: May 18, 2013, 02:51:18 PM »
Wow!

Offline Vortex

• Modder in Learning

Offline Tuskin38

• Cookies: 111
« Reply #852 on: May 18, 2013, 03:01:47 PM »
I'm speechless.

Offline Darran

« Reply #853 on: May 18, 2013, 03:49:50 PM »
So, regarding the 50th:- discusss!

Offline flarespire

• The one who breaks the cycle.
  • Cookies: 47
  • God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #854 on: May 18, 2013, 07:00:09 PM »
well... that episode was a complete and utter mind**** to say the least, still i enjoyed it though.

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
  • Cookies: 65535
« Reply #855 on: May 18, 2013, 09:05:52 PM »
Holy shizzle......

As far as the 50th...I'm gonna guess that John Hurt will play an aged 8th doctor...though there are rumors that he's the real 9th and that Eccleston is gonna be pushed to #10 which would make Matt Smith the 12th doctor.
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline Vortex

• Modder in Learning
« Reply #856 on: May 19, 2013, 04:21:28 AM »
The rumour is that he's an alternative 9. Also, Eleven said that he was him, not that he was the Doctor. Right before they introduced him as "The Doctor". xD

Series 8 has been confirmed. :)

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #857 on: May 19, 2013, 10:56:03 AM »
just finished this up minutes ago.  why are you people surprised. New Who ALWAYS ends with a twist or a Sacrifice by SOMEBODY.  it's practically a Cliche, and turning into a Trope.  note the VERY clever way they got AROUND the Doctor's name being said.

my partner wanted to confirm if Clara's 'take THAT one' moment with D1 (where the hell did they find colour footage?!) was real.  I had to tell him it was probably impossible to confirm.  I know a good deal of D1 and D2 footage is missing, but is that moment?

we'll find out who this alt is.  I personally think it's Alt!D13.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Vortex

• Modder in Learning
« Reply #858 on: May 19, 2013, 12:03:06 PM »
A lot of the older stuff is on colour for DVD's, if I'm not mistaken. Obviously it was an edit, but they pulled it of very well. We also know now what the TARDIS used to look like.

Offline Joshmaul

• Lunatic with a Starship
  • Cookies: 8
  • A Mind Without Purpose Will Walk in Dark Places
« Reply #859 on: May 19, 2013, 03:01:16 PM »
A lot of the older stuff is on colour for DVD's, if I'm not mistaken. Obviously it was an edit, but they pulled it of very well. We also know now what the TARDIS used to look like.

Like a support column in a parking garage?
"If one does as God does enough times, one will become as God is." - Dr. Hannibal Lecter