Author Topic: Doctor Who Series Topic Discussion - May Contain Spoilers  (Read 22634 times)

Offline ShaunKL

• Cookies: 3
  • Semper Exploro
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Doctor Who Series Topic Discussion - May Contain Spoilers
« Reply #860 on: May 19, 2013, 04:14:17 PM »
It was being faithful to a more simplistic time.   :)

Thanks for letting me know the forum was back up, guys.  I thought everyone died.

Offline Darran

• Cookies: 19
« Reply #861 on: May 20, 2013, 10:17:00 AM »
Theory:

It is a known fact that Time Lords possess the power of resurrection, as it has already been stated that the master was resurrected to fight in the Time War, and it appears that Rassilon was likewise resurrected. It is also a fact that the 7th Doctor stated that he is "more than just another Time Lord".

So what if John Hurt's character is a pre Hartnell incarnation, the mysterious "Other" that has been glanced and referenced in some of the novels and what John-Nathan Turner was building up to before the hiatus. This character did something "Not out of choice, but for peace and sanity" and then committed suicide. The Time Lords, feeling that he was essential to have around, resurrected him and out comes William Hartnell as the first Doctor? hmmmm? perhaps?

Offline Vortex

• Modder in Learning
  • Cookies: 28
« Reply #862 on: May 20, 2013, 10:40:38 AM »
I'd much prefer that than him being an alternative or "True Nine". Ecclsestone was the true Nine and it would still take up one of the Doctor's regeneration's if it was him. Any one else notice that he had the Master's beard? xD

Offline Joshmaul

• Lunatic with a Starship
  • Cookies: 8
  • A Mind Without Purpose Will Walk in Dark Places
« Reply #863 on: May 20, 2013, 10:55:01 AM »
Well, they did mention the Valeyard in that episode, the "evil Doctor", supposedly between 12 and 13. Perhaps...?
"If one does as God does enough times, one will become as God is." - Dr. Hannibal Lecter

Offline Vortex

• Modder in Learning
« Reply #864 on: May 20, 2013, 12:39:22 PM »
He was only a projection of what could be, though. On the other hand, it seems to be taken as a given that that shall happen.

Offline Darran

« Reply #865 on: May 20, 2013, 01:00:37 PM »
He was only a projection of what could be, though. On the other hand, it seems to be taken as a given that that shall happen.

Uh uh uh (wags finger)....... Timey Wimey, Wibbly Wobbly

Offline flarespire

• The one who breaks the cycle.
  • Cookies: 47
  • God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #866 on: May 20, 2013, 05:57:40 PM »
Timey Wimey, Wibbly Wobbly
you got its backwards, its:
"Wibbly Wobbly, Timey Wimey..."
XD

Offline Darran

« Reply #867 on: May 20, 2013, 06:35:04 PM »
you got its backwards, its:
"Wibbly Wobbly, Timey Wimey..."
XD

Meh, I just reversed the polarity of the neutron flow

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
  • Cookies: 65535
« Reply #868 on: May 20, 2013, 08:26:51 PM »
Alright guys...

Would you like a Jelly Baby??? :P

I am seriously thinking that this "Doctor" is gonna be the Valeyard.  Perhaps he IS the 9th doctor, but with all the things going on with the Time War, he went entirely rogue (and by rogue I mean more than he already is) changing his name to The Valeyard and doing his evil shtuffs.
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline Darran

« Reply #869 on: May 20, 2013, 08:53:13 PM »
Maybe the Time Lords manifested the Valeyard separately from the Doctor, as an extra soldier, they've done it before, but because he is infact the same entity, albeit personified twice, he forms part of the Doctors timeline

Offline Vortex

• Modder in Learning
« Reply #870 on: May 21, 2013, 09:42:46 AM »
On the one hand, I could see Moffat using the technicality of "so many Doctor's, but that's not really his name" as an excuse to play, because he's a devious SOB like that, on the other hand, I think he knows it would piss off the fans to much to change the order of Doctor's/ regenerations. Even if this isn't the Doctor, it would still take up a regeneration.

The idea is good, if he's going to swing it to the Time War, though, I'd much rather have had McGann as a manic, war-destroyed Doctor at the end of his tether.

Offline Joshmaul

• Lunatic with a Starship
  • Cookies: 8
  • A Mind Without Purpose Will Walk in Dark Places
« Reply #871 on: May 21, 2013, 10:09:32 AM »
The idea is good, if he's going to swing it to the Time War, though, I'd much rather have had McGann as a manic, war-destroyed Doctor at the end of his tether.

And McGann would be for it, I'd imagine, seeing how much he does for Big Finish nowadays. And the Ninth was said to be "born in battle", so we should be able to see how, yes?
"If one does as God does enough times, one will become as God is." - Dr. Hannibal Lecter

Offline Vortex

• Modder in Learning
« Reply #872 on: May 21, 2013, 12:00:59 PM »
Agreed. McGann's only condition has ever been : "So long as I don't have to wear that damned wig.".

Maybe this new one is something brought about by the Great Intelligence entering the Doctor's time stream.

Offline ShaunKL

• Cookies: 3
  • Semper Exploro
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #873 on: May 23, 2013, 12:14:45 AM »
Silly Moffat, driving fans crazy with a Doctor that could be from anywhere.  I am crossing my fingers for McGann, but not expecting anyone past Tennant.  Just to keep from being disappointed.
Thanks for letting me know the forum was back up, guys.  I thought everyone died.

Offline Vortex

• Modder in Learning

Offline eclipse74569

• Webmaster
« Reply #875 on: June 01, 2013, 06:03:12 PM »
Awww man...I was hoping he'd stay for season (series) 8....
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline Vortex

• Modder in Learning
« Reply #876 on: June 01, 2013, 06:14:39 PM »
I thought it was confirmed at some point that he was. I'd have liked to have seen him do at least one more year and maybe go next Christmas. Gives me chance to hit 24 and not be *too* young for the part. :p

Offline eclipse74569

• Webmaster
« Reply #877 on: June 01, 2013, 06:18:32 PM »
I thought it was confirmed at some point that he was. I'd have liked to have seen him do at least one more year and maybe go next Christmas. Gives me chance to hit 24 and not be *too* young for the part. :p

He was, but they did say that the christmas episode would be a tear jerker.  They didn't specify whether it will be this christmas though...

Offline mckinneyc

• Screenshot Master
  • Cookies: 151
  • Screenshot Master
    • My DA page
« Reply #878 on: June 01, 2013, 06:33:04 PM »
So sad yet exciting all at the same time. Smith did an amazing job at bring some of the old Doctors back with his remarkable take on the character.

Offline Darran

« Reply #879 on: June 04, 2013, 11:30:34 AM »
Y'know what? I'd love to see a scene like this in the 50th

INT. Console Room - The Tardis is in flight, the journey is erratic with systems and controls sparking and shorting out, ELEVEN and TEN both rush around the console haphazardly operating the machine.

TEN:- So? Come on then?

ELEVEN:- Come on then, what?

TEN:- Fill me in! I was me, now I'm you, where've you been? What've you done? anything....... exciting!?

ELEVEN:- Now's not exactly...... (console sparks)....... a good time! and anyway, Laws of time and all that!

TEN:- oh go oooooooon, when have they ever stopped us?

ELEVEN Gives a capitulating sigh

ELEVEN:- no time to explain

ELEVEN grabs TEN by the lapels of his jacket and headbutts him initiating a memory transfer.

TEN (dazed) - Blimey!...... we have been busy