Author Topic: Reinstalling Bridge Commander, what ships should I get.  (Read 423 times)

Offline mayhemuk

• Cookies: 7
Reinstalling Bridge Commander, what ships should I get.
« on: September 15, 2013, 05:10:04 AM »
Hi guys it's been many year since I've played bridge commander and I feel it is time I got got back into it, I think I've been out of it for about 4 years, so can anyone tell me what ships I must of missed out on, I.e new ships, new versions of ships.
And where to download them.

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
Re: Reinstalling Bridge Commander, what ships should I get.
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 05:29:22 AM »
I'm sure others will agree: where do you start?   :).    There's been a lot of excellent new models in last few years.

Try here first:

http://bc-central.net/forums/index.php/board,4.0.html:  BC Downloads (all the latest new models).

http://bc-central.net/forums/index.php/topic,3441.0.html Best Quality Ships & Mods.

If you're interested in the Single Player Campaign, there'll be a new mod released soon which will feature updated graphics, bridges, characters etc and all new latest ship models by some of BC's best modders.

http://bc-central.net/forums/index.php/topic,8349.0.html

Offline mayhemuk

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 07:04:18 AM »
Thanks for the reply.

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 09:37:25 AM »
please note that BCfiles has undergone a few changes
1. filefront has a new owner with different priorities.  they are apparently an ad service
2. the servers are all apparently out of sync with each other.  all files uploaded after march 31st, 2011 will need to be refreshed to come up
3. a new policy was introduced in 12, stating that if a file doen't have at least one upload every 60 days, it's automatically deleted.  every older files have gone poof
4. some modders have migrated away from BCFiles due to this.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2013, 10:09:39 AM »
Add to that:

5. Due to changes in Filefront policies, several countries have been blocked from downloading files.
Official BCC Discord ยท https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline CyAn1d3

• MacDill Shipyards Design Team
  • Cookies: 420
  • RETIRED
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2013, 10:22:34 AM »
4. some modders have migrated away from BCFiles due to this.

like myself. alot of us now have private websites to host our files.
theres usually a link in the modders signature.
(like mine)
I came, i saw, i added a Sig.
Later gents, i have Youtube to take over.
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2013, 11:16:35 AM »
wow mayhemuk - there's a name i havent seen in a long while!  some of us other oldschoolers are still around, believe it or not! :)

i would suggest perhaps considering an Kobayashi Maru install of BC...  it contains pretty much all of the latest mods all working together perfectly...  you can always remove ships you dont like, and add in newer or better ones...
http://bckobayashimaru.de/ws/index.php?id=downloads

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2013, 04:41:22 PM »
thanks for the reminder, DT.  I think filefront is now pretty much confined to the Americas, if not JUST america.

please note that most single player mods are either WIP at the moment or need to be carefully tweaked to run correctly.
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline mayhemuk

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2013, 12:46:04 PM »
Hi Jimmy, I will look at the mod, I did manage to find my old modded copy on my external HD, having read the news about bc files was a worry and I went looking for my Courageous Class, she still pops up, so I'm guessing she is ok. I can't try the download because I'm on my iphone at the moment.

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2013, 05:05:35 PM »
looks it up* dude, there's no way your ship would go into the skip.  it's part of MY collection.
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2013, 05:09:33 PM »
I know there have been a few here that DLed every file off of BCfiles... There have been a few attempts to start up our own BCfiles
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.