Author Topic: KDF MaveQ rebuild and texture work  (Read 1788 times)

Offline nxadam1701

• Cookies: 20
Re: KDF MaveQ rebuild and texture work
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2014, 09:20:05 PM »
 :yeahthat:

Offline Raven Night

• Models/Textures
  • Cookies: 531
  • Welcome to the Dark Side
    • Personal ModDB site
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2014, 10:36:03 PM »
Thanks guys. I think shes ready for conversion, I decided to change the glows out to greyscale (black and white) to boost the glow intensity...it was a bit light using colors in the glow maps. I did that on a few commercial jobs and they turned out pretty good, so I decided to do that here. Hopefully that takes care of the dampened glow problem some of my meshes have had in the past.

Offline Raven Night

• Models/Textures
    • Personal ModDB site
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2014, 10:56:26 PM »
Here are a few raytraced candy shots....like the "hello there" fore shot, you can see some of the detail of the bridge map...if you look closely you can see someone sitting in the captains chair. Also note the subtle docking port on the nose :)

I noticed the flaw on the port and starboard fore area where the cloak tube ends. It has been corrected.

Offline nxadam1701

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2014, 11:08:12 PM »
I'm in Love

Offline Raven Night

• Models/Textures
    • Personal ModDB site
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2014, 12:55:10 AM »
Hehe, yea, I think it turned out pretty well. Shes all ready for conversion, I just need to know how to set it up for conversion to BC...IE how to set up the hardpoints needed, whether or not I have to import it into a newer version of Max, etc.

Right now it is saved in Max 5.1

Offline Raven Night

• Models/Textures
    • Personal ModDB site
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2014, 05:18:57 AM »
Still looking for someone to either do the conversion to BC or to chat with me about the latest method to convert. If anyone knows of anyone that might be interested, if you could point me in their direction I would appreciate it.

Offline Phoenix Bondi

• REMEMBER YOUR ORIGIN
  • Cookies: 575
  • Never Forget Your Origins
    • CHRIS JONES GAMING
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2014, 08:34:24 AM »
Replied to your Pm

Offline Lord Tribble

• Cookies: 2
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2014, 04:36:21 PM »
What era is this one for?

Offline Raven Night

• Models/Textures
    • Personal ModDB site
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2014, 05:10:39 AM »
This would be for the post Nemesis era. Here is the info for you guys.

KDF D-18 ?Dagger? (M'veQ) class scout
Designed by Raven Night
RavenNight@Hotmail.com
http://www.moddb.com/members/ravennight

The M'veQ was commissioned in 2364 as a replacement for the Romulan-derived Brel class BOP deep space scout. The idea was to create a more flexible and powerful platform that maintained cargo capacity but increased speed, firepower and survivability. A new more cloak efficient shape was devised, and the entire warp coil system revamped to fit the new design. Units were delivered to deep space patrol units in 2372, and participated in the Dominion war. Thought serving alongside the aging fleet of Brel scouts, the MaveQ will eventually replace it's brethren as the main battle scout of the fleet.

The name of the ship, "M'veQ", remains a controversial point of discussion within the Empire. Named after the ceremonial dagger used in the Mauk To'Vor ritual suicide rite, many considered the name inappropriate. However since the vessel is named after the knife itself, not the ceremony, the designation has gained wider acceptance. The Cardassian union classifies this ship as the "mavek", the Federation has filed the ship under the moniker "MaveQ".

This ship has three standard wing positions, cruise at Y0 degrees, combat mode at y-15 degrees and warp/landing mode at y15 degrees. The landing position of the wings requires more room than the brel considering the angle is much more shallow than it's predecessor. The lower wing position, however, does allow a reduced ceiling clearance requirement.

This vessel has a much more stable 3 point landing gear system, utilizing 6 extending pads, one from the crew pod and one each for the port and starboard wing. An egress ramp has been added to the crew pod in addition to the standard aft cargo bay egress point.

Originally this vessel was designed with an aft torpedo launcher, but subsequent design modifications to increase storage capacity necessitated the removal of the rear launcher. As a result, maneuverability was substantially increased and a more powerful cloak emitter installed to compensate.

The most notable difference between the MaveQ and the Brel is the inboard warp coil configuration and exposed SIF/IDF conduit system. The MaveQ is a larger vessel than the Brel, but has approximately the same cargo capacity.

The KDF expects to replace all aging Brel class platforms with the M'veQ by 2390.

Length: 85m     Height: 21m (cruise)     Width: 114m (cruise)
Decks: 10
Mass: .234 million metric tons (mmt?s)
Complement: 3 Officers, 6 Enlisted
Power: 1 Type 8 Dilithium Warp Core, 4 Type 2 Fusion Cores
Propulsion: 1 STN1200 Dilithium Graf Units, 2 SBN30 Impulse Units
Velocity: Warp 8 Cruising, Warp 9.5 Maximum Speed
Weapons and cloak: 2 medium long range disruptor cannons, 6 very short range defensive pulse disruptors, 1 Type 5 Torpedo launcher, Type J4x Cloak array (2 emitters, 1 coil), Type J1 Active sensor damping system
Shields: Type H4, 25 emitters
Armor: Grade 6b

Offline FarShot

• That guy with good ideas...
  • Cookies: 787
  • I'm actually making stuff! :D
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2014, 08:21:36 AM »
I was going to say before you posted that, that they would answer the question:  "What if Klingons featured in FC/Ins/Nemesis?  What would John Eaves have designed for them?"

Offline Raven Night

• Models/Textures
    • Personal ModDB site
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2014, 06:17:38 PM »
Thanks. The concept of the Blade and Courage is to replace the ridiculous (in my opinion) size disparities with the Klingon BOP model as it has appeared in the movies and TV shows. As indicated on EAS, the size changes have been extreme, from the tiny size in The Search for Spock and The Voyage Home to the huge size in shows like "The Defector" on TNG. The situation was further complicated by referring the same model as a "Kvort" or "Brel" class, insinuating two different types of ship, which folks naturally assumed meant size.

Obviously the tiny ship in STIII and IV and the massive ship in "The Defector" are not sensible. They are simply the same model used with improper scaling.

So this was my solution...actually design two different smallish BOP to replace the standard magic scaling BOP...one that is tiny, relatively speaking, and looks completely different than the other more traditional design. Hence the Maveq and the Courage.

I still have two larger BOP in the works, one is the Warhammer, meant as a replacement for the massive BOP in "The Defector", and the other is intended to be the biggest BOP in the fleet, a rework of the Nethak with moving wings.

Offline FarShot

• That guy with good ideas...
  • Cookies: 787
  • I'm actually making stuff! :D
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2014, 07:08:31 PM »
I had this idea oddly enough just before you begin posting again of the MaveQ and its brothers, another what if.  What if we go with the K'vort being a larger B'rel but TNG's producers had it within the budget to make a new model for it?  The idea behind the design would be that at a distance (say, the long shots of it and the Ent D fighting in Yesterday's Enterprise) it looks nearly identical, roughly 75% the same, but in close camera passes it definitely looks like a big brother.

Offline Raven Night

• Models/Textures
    • Personal ModDB site
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2014, 07:49:39 PM »
Yea, I actually considered designing a large BOP that would have similar lines to the standard BOP, so at a distance they would look the same, but up close you could definitely tell it was another ship.

The only problem I had with that was this shot...you can see it not only shows the front of the ships (Yesterday's Enterprise has the same problem) but also the aft quarter. That makes it more difficult, but not impossible. The ship that is close to the camera could be a Brel, while the two ships in the distance, behind the Romulan vessels are the larger Kvorts.

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/observations/thedefector/38-thedefector-r.jpg

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/observations/yesterdaysenterprise/49-yesterdaysenterprise-r.jpg

Offline Kophjaeger

• Cookies: 24
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2014, 06:25:38 AM »
I really hate the expression "scaled up" too. So if a Constitution class ship had say, 250 framing joists, and they scaled it up, would it just use bigger framing joists, 500, or who the hell knows?

I have had the same thought about the K'vort, and you may be able to get away with a different hull panel layout and multiple window rows on the pods. Maybe changing the kibble on the neck. The profile of the design may have been a throw back, but it could be shown to be put together differently.

Offline Raven Night

• Models/Textures
    • Personal ModDB site
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2014, 06:57:14 AM »
Well, here is my thinking with respect to this ship and the courage. The idea is that this vessel will be the "small" BOP, though bigger than the smallest BOP from the show/movies and 87 meters. The courage will only be a bit larger at around 120 meters, the standard agreed BOP size.

The Warhammer, pictured below, will probably run around 250 meters (this will replace the upsized Kvort class), being considered as the Klingon "Defiant".

And, of course the Nethak, once I rebuild it, will be the largest BOP at almost 600 meters...the largest ship in the KDF that can land on planets.

Offline cordanilus

• Cookies: 608
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2014, 09:40:56 AM »
I very much like the second one.  It looks streamlined almost, as if it were a bird that dives to attack it's prey.  Of course, the Warhammer looks nasty too.  :)

Offline nxadam1701

« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2014, 01:12:29 PM »
Cool. I like them both. The top one is very interesting. What type of warp engines. Can I see a profile picture.

Offline Raven Night

• Models/Textures
    • Personal ModDB site
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2014, 11:23:07 PM »
Sure, here you go.

Offline nxadam1701

« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2014, 02:12:39 AM »
Now that's one cool looking ship :yay:

Offline Lord Tribble

• Cookies: 2
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2014, 05:09:32 AM »
The warhammer is almost exactly how I'd imagine a post nem BoP :yay: Though I'd be tempted to make the wings a bit thinner, they seem a bit too chunky.