Author Topic: Evenstar Class - Blender  (Read 2750 times)

Offline nxadam1701

• Cookies: 20
Re: Evenstar Class - Blender
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2014, 03:09:46 PM »
Yup. The Strider, that's it. The shape and the size of the nacelles and how their positioned somehow reminds of it.

Adam

Offline Vortex

• Modder in Learning
  • Cookies: 28
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2014, 05:00:55 PM »
the ship looks sexy, tho the bridge dome looks slightly out of place, the shape does not match the rest of the ship, it's too flat on the top, looks like there is not much room for turbolifts or ready room etc.

Thanks. :D

Which ship? Evenstar currently only has a stand in bridge module. Ranger still needs the lift shaft added on.

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2014, 09:10:39 AM »
one of the old info books written in the ninties they have scanned over at cygnus X-1 lists Chrysler, specifically Daimler-Chrysler (!!) as a build contractor for some ships.  also just found a lol in one of the Galaxy II contractors...one of them had their fire controll system built by RCA records!

it's going to be hell trying to find a tolkeinish name that ISN'T copyrighted, I'm betting.

nxadam: Hope you picked up the Strider, Phoenix worked hard on that.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline nxadam1701

• Cookies: 20
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2014, 09:31:31 AM »
I definitely did lol
It's awesome. I really like it bc it shows off the Oberth nacelles, something about the Lost Era intrigues me.

But back to these beautiful ships, I'm really digging the sister ship, the warp nacelles are really nice.
The saucer shape is perfect. Very well done, the shapes were perfectly combined, nothing looks out of place.

Offline Vortex

• Modder in Learning
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2014, 10:03:44 AM »
I think that my ships may have been built by Aston Martin, then. :p

Yeah, the names would be tough. "Evenstar" is a bit like "Skywalker", though. Just two words slapped together, so shouldn't be a problem. "Ranger" isn't a copy write, so that should be fine as well.

Adam, about the only thing that I like about the Oberth is the nacelles, one of the reasons I love the Strider. It's one cool little ship. Thanks for the kind words. :D

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2014, 10:30:51 AM »
actually, "Ranger" IS copyrighted...by Ford since the mid sixties.  it was a package on US Ford pickups, then was Transferred to a miniature pickup in 1983.  the nameplate was retired in 11, but we all know Ford.

the books generally used existing shipyards along with the canon ones.  I think they pulled familliar business names for people to recognise, but for Pete's sake, having A Galaxy contract carried by Boeing-Mitsubishi is just a little bit weird.

can't wait to see where these two go.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Vortex

• Modder in Learning
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2014, 10:40:36 AM »
actually, "Ranger" IS copyrighted...by Ford since the mid sixties.  it was a package on US Ford pickups, then was Transferred to a miniature pickup in 1983.  the nameplate was retired in 11, but we all know Ford.

Well... bollocks.

Offline hobbs

• Cookies: 77
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2014, 03:34:16 PM »
Awesome ships.love the ranger.  Its angledness appeals to me great work .

Also surely "Ranger" can't be copyright  as it's a word in the English languag. That would be like copy righting "Salt"
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers..." Michael Ansara, "Elric" Babylon 5 "The Geometry of Shadows,"

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2014, 03:39:58 PM »
Awesome ships.love the ranger.  Its angledness appeals to me great work .

Also surely "Ranger" can't be copyright  as it's a word in the English languag. That would be like copy righting "Salt"

Doesn't stop Microsoft from holding the copyright on Windows :P

I say, use whatever name you want.
Official BCC Discord · https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline hobbs

« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2014, 04:18:23 PM »
Doesn't stop Microsoft from holding the copyright on Windows :P

I say, use whatever name you want.

Agreed lol its only in breach if it's the same thing I'd guess.

A PC operating systen can't be called windows and a car can't be called ranger but we are talking starships so I'd say its fine

"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers..." Michael Ansara, "Elric" Babylon 5 "The Geometry of Shadows,"

Offline Vortex

• Modder in Learning
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2014, 05:00:21 PM »
I agree, I think context is more the key.

Offline Vortex

• Modder in Learning
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2015, 10:37:42 AM »
I finally re-opened the file and did a little work on this puppy just before Christmas. Almost entirely rebuild the shuttlebay and command superstructure. The impulse crystal had some work done and I've fixed the cut out at the bottom of the secondary hull so that it looks smoother.

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2015, 04:05:02 PM »
Impressive work. Any idea for what era you intend to texture it as? I'd say either pre/early-TNG.
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Vortex

• Modder in Learning
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2015, 04:10:03 PM »
Thankyou. :) She'll be the Ent-F launched in 2440. Just a little bit bigger than the Sovereign. The idea is that Starfleet design has moved back to more organic, flowing shapes as there hasn't been any major conflict since the Dom War. This'll be the first big push back into exploring the final frontier.

Offline hobbs

« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2015, 10:30:14 AM »
awesome work!!

id go ENT-H lol that way it will fit in after DJCurtis' ships.... however its yours so name it what you want lol

as i say gorgeous.... i want to do organic shape like that!
cookie (if it works)(it does!)

great to see another one still modelling :)

Offline FarShot

• That guy with good ideas...
  • Cookies: 787
  • I'm actually making stuff! :D
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2015, 04:27:02 PM »
Hobbs - There are so many Ent-Fs that one more of his own make isn't an issue.

If you're going to put it so far downstream as 2440, I'd put some serious consideration into rethinking some of the technology on the vessel, reinventing the wheel so to speak.

Offline Vortex

• Modder in Learning
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2015, 05:32:24 PM »
Thanks guys. All I've got planned spec wise at the minute is that she'll most likely carry quantum torpedoes and Photon's will be either phased out or no longer standard. She'll also be the first class to carry a Warp 13 drive.

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2015, 03:34:05 AM »
How about 'Transphasic Torpedoes' ? (appearance-wise, not necessarily 1-shot kill) :P
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Vortex

• Modder in Learning
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2015, 04:58:07 AM »
I think they'll end up being the replacement for Quantum torps. Transphasics were way to powerful in Voyager, though I think the idea for them came from an early First Contact scripts, where an Armada of Borg ships were invading.

Offline hobbs

« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2015, 08:41:30 AM »
do you have a concept for the warp 13 drive?

i keep looking at your ship and it looks soooo nice.

inspiring!