Author Topic: Star Trek Beyond - Images, Videos, Discussion, etc  (Read 3719 times)

Offline captain_obvious

• The captain of obvious-ness
  • Cookies: 54
    • ARmy Rumour SErvice- British Army Unofficial community
Re: startrek XIII
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2014, 10:31:35 AM »
Hell yeah!! I'll pummel you with my towel!!

You..have a towel? Just one towel?!
I miss :bigdance:

Offline Vortex

• Modder in Learning
  • Cookies: 28
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2014, 04:10:34 PM »
Add a suitcase of over-confidence and a screwdriver.

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2014, 06:04:08 PM »
Someone's gonna get hurt... soon :D with my socks :D

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
Re: Trek XIII - Images, Videos, Discussion, etc
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2014, 08:46:18 PM »
Think that's good enough with the offtopic spam for now.

Hobbs, I updated the topic title to match the previous "Trek XII" thread, as well as stickied for future usage. Hope you don't mind :)
Official BCC Discord · https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline hobbs

• Cookies: 77
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2014, 09:18:48 PM »
Think that's good enough with the offtopic spam for now.

Hobbs, I updated the topic title to match the previous "Trek XII" thread, as well as stickied for future usage. Hope you don't mind :)

no problem :)
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers..." Michael Ansara, "Elric" Babylon 5 "The Geometry of Shadows,"

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2014, 09:16:54 AM »
On topic, I think it may be a bit early to speculate on plot, release date etc. What we do know, is that Paramount wants the movie out sometime in 2016 (to coincide with Trek 50th), and that Roberto Orci is likely the Director of the movie. A first script has been completed, but no details about the plot as of yet. Mr Orci has suggested that he wants the crew to get "out and explore" in the next movie.

Personally, I hope it's a truly unique story, and not a rehash of a past movie.
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Vortex

• Modder in Learning
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2014, 10:03:09 AM »
I wouldn't mind nods and the like, but an original story would be better. Show us something Trek hasn't done before. What would be great is if they could not have a bad guy, but I doubt that the Studio Execs would allow that.

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2014, 10:39:50 AM »
Yep, even tho, STXI was a new story, STID failed just like Nemesis to retell the same story we know from TWOK, both movies missed the point and ended up too flashy, focused on action...

I do hope to see some characters from TOS, maybe not as major characters but even as small details in whole picture, like Mudd's shuttle and a tribble in STID :P Kruge wouold be cool to appear for a moment ;)

Offline hobbs

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2014, 10:44:56 AM »
Agreed a new story would be great.... also I'd like to know what the fleet were doing in the larenchian system in the first film.
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers..." Michael Ansara, "Elric" Babylon 5 "The Geometry of Shadows,"

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2014, 01:38:16 PM »
Americans still have a hate-on for the JJprise due to our general distaste for curves on vehicles.  Normally, Starships seem to reflect the design aesthetics for cars of the era they were designed in.

...I love curves on vehicles.  I've always preferred sleek vehicles.

Yep, even tho, STXI was a new story, STID failed just like Nemesis to retell the same story we know from TWOK, both movies missed the point and ended up too flashy, focused on action...

Personally, and I know I'm going to get some hate for this...but I think Cumberbatch's Khan in STID was better than Montalban's Khan in TWOK.  I honestly think that Montalban forgot that Khan was originally a manipulative bastard, not a bloodthirsty maniac.

As for the new movie, I hope that Orci takes it a little slower with this one.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2014, 02:54:01 PM »

I do hope to see some characters from TOS, maybe not as major characters but even as small details in whole picture, like Mudd's shuttle and a tribble in STID :P Kruge wouold be cool to appear for a moment ;)

What would be awesome, is to see John deLancie in the next movie, portraying this universe's "Trelane", who was quite Q-like. I know he's said that he didn't want to play "Q" again, because the character is supposed to be ageless. But perhaps Trelane? :)
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline hobbs

« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2014, 03:06:00 PM »
What would be awesome, is to see John deLancie in the next movie, portraying this universe's "Trelane", who was quite Q-like. I know he's said that he didn't want to play "Q" again, because the character is supposed to be ageless. But perhaps Trelane? :)

lol but Q can do what he wants so he could decide to be non-ageless for a bit lol

Offline Vortex

• Modder in Learning
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2014, 03:18:17 PM »
I've always felt that the Q character was inspired by Trelane. Post TNG era books have said that Trelane was a part of the continuum, which I like the idea of. I suppose he could even have been a young Q.

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2014, 03:39:20 PM »
Also, the fact that Q has already been playing mischief with the "new crew" in comic form, may possibly influence somewhat on the next movie (one could hope) :P
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2014, 07:40:53 PM »
Also, the fact that Q has already been playing mischief with the "new crew" in comic form, may possibly influence somewhat on the next movie (one could hope) :P
Mischief is an understatement.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2014, 11:10:19 AM »
I've always felt that the Q character was inspired by Trelane. Post TNG era books have said that Trelane was a part of the continuum, which I like the idea of. I suppose he could even have been a young Q.
Q Squared was the name of the novel.  Trelane tries to outdo his dad in meddling with the universe.

make the Irony even bigger...have Trelane played by Keegan De Lancie!

shadowknight: the curves remind people of the "aerodynamics" on 80's american slushbox sedans...underpowered and heavy.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline captain_obvious

• The captain of obvious-ness
  • Cookies: 54
    • ARmy Rumour SErvice- British Army Unofficial community
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2014, 05:44:46 PM »
Americans still have a hate-on for the JJprise due to our general distaste for curves on vehicles.  Normally, Starships seem to reflect the design aesthetics for cars of the era they were designed in.

Oi! I'm a Brit and I dislike the JJprise! :P
I miss :bigdance:

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2014, 05:56:59 PM »
And I'm Swedish, and only partially dislike the JJprise :P
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline FarShot

• That guy with good ideas...
  • Cookies: 787
  • I'm actually making stuff! :D
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2014, 08:54:47 PM »
I'm American and I love the JJPrise!  More people would love it too if rebooting Star Trek wasn't such a very butt-hurt-inducing idea for lots of fans.

Offline Tuskin38

• Cookies: 111
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2014, 09:09:25 PM »

Great comic.