Author Topic: Hello Again.....  (Read 847 times)

Offline Raven Night

• Models/Textures
  • Cookies: 531
  • Welcome to the Dark Side
    • Personal ModDB site
Hello Again.....
« on: March 19, 2021, 09:56:38 AM »
Still Lurking around here from time to time, have a few concepts to post if you guys are interested, would like to get some feedback on some ideas.

Here is my current battleship concept, the Ares Class. It is a sep ship, Saucer and main hull, both fully operational starships. First (Mk1) has Defiant style nacelles on the saucer, while the second (Mk2) has a set of full size nacelles.

I can post more pics if you guys want. Right now the models are not smoothed of course, and lack textures.

Offline Mario

• Senior Software Developer
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1706
  • Life is life
Re: Hello Again.....
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2021, 10:51:59 AM »
Looks awesome.

Also, nice to see you're still around :)
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2021, 06:00:09 PM »
Hey there Raven!!  So good to see ya my friend!  :D :hi:
Can you believe we're all still here all this time later, and BC just turned 19 recently?  And still a good number of us from the beginning at BCN and then BCU are still kicking around here...
I still miss BCU, so much fun and good times we had then, how young we all were... Now we're all old lol ah well....

I really like these ships!   :thumbsup:  Looking forward to seeing fheir progress!

Offline Raven Night

• Models/Textures
    • Personal ModDB site
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2021, 09:13:33 PM »
Thanks guys, good to see you. I was looking through some of the old avatars from BCU that I still have, as well as perusing the wayback machine from time to time. We had some good times on that site.

As far as old goes...52 over here. I'm getting geriatric.  :D

As you know, I take way to long to work on my models...far more than I should. Some designs are going on ten years of development. Others I have released or sold here and there. This one is about 8 years old.

The idea here is to create a viable capital ship for the Federation. Naturally I'm going with the SFMC motif, so it's a warship. This should be the most powerful ship in the fleet.

Just a few points to put out there...the ship has retractable torpedo turrets as well as 4 high power long range phased disruptor cannons. It also has standard torp launcher tubes and phaser strips. Each sep has it's own warp engines and a navigational deflector so they can operate as fully functional starships.

I'll post more closeups later to show more detail. Glad to be back.

BTW, I'm going to put up another thread with my latest Infinity concept. It is RADICALLY different from it's original design.

Offline flarespire

• The one who breaks the cycle.
  • Cookies: 47
  • God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2021, 11:59:36 AM »
oh damn thats a nice design! kind of envious I didn't think of something like that myself, gonna be fun to fly!

Offline Raven Night

• Models/Textures
    • Personal ModDB site
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2021, 12:32:40 PM »
Thanks. It is a "sort of" hybrid concept between a Promethius and the saucer sep mode from a Galaxy. The idea was to find a way to create two visually acceptable sep vessels that could dock together into one amalgam that worked.

Offline flarespire

• The one who breaks the cycle.
  • Cookies: 47
  • God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2021, 12:51:30 PM »
well its a damn good concept, can't wait to see here all smoothed up and maybe textured, she's gonna be a beaut!

Offline Raven Night

• Models/Textures
    • Personal ModDB site
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2021, 01:26:43 PM »
Thanks. Here are some shots of the Ares Mk2 compared to a Sov for scale.

Offline KrrKs

• Cookies: 25
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2021, 02:05:35 PM »
That looks interesting.

Is that one huge hangar or shuttlebay in the neck/rear part of the main segment/primary hull?
Or does it just look that way to me?

Offline Raven Night

• Models/Textures
    • Personal ModDB site
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2021, 06:40:41 PM »
The rear extension you see on the Mk2 is part of engineering for the saucer sep...it contains the full warp core in the saucer.

The Mk1 saucer sep, with the much smaller core shows the rear hangar better. The second shot shows the hangar with the sep removed.

It also clearly shows the dorsal port for the main hull core, plus the deployed quantum turret.

Offline admiral horton

• Cookies: 4
    • my devianart page
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2021, 02:03:07 AM »
please keep it up love it
there are great starship designs and there is crap

Please visit my Deviantart page at http://admiral-horton.deviantart.com/

Offline Digital_Clarity

• Cookies: 3
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2021, 08:43:38 PM »
Interesting models that you're working on. Thanks for sharing. Have you ever thought of making a TMP ship like the Antares-class. The Miranda-class variant seen on DS9?