Author Topic: Starting campaing with other ship.-  (Read 256 times)

Offline Tinchazo

• Cookies: 0
Starting campaing with other ship.-
« on: February 23, 2024, 09:05:47 PM »
Hi guys. Tincho from Argentina, how are you doing? I hope that everybody are very well.-

I need to ask you how I should (and what files I should take into account) reconfigure the game to start the campaign with another ship instead of the Galaxy class. For example, I want to start the game with the Excalibur Class (U.S.S. Atlantic) and then replace the U.S.S. Sovereign with another ship (for example, the U.S.S. Defiant).- How do you suggest I proceed?

Thanks in advance!.-

Tincho.-

Offline Mario

• Senior Software Developer
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1706
  • Life is life
Re: Starting campaing with other ship.-
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2024, 10:25:51 AM »
Hi guys. Tincho from Argentina, how are you doing? I hope that everybody are very well.-

I need to ask you how I should (and what files I should take into account) reconfigure the game to start the campaign with another ship instead of the Galaxy class. For example, I want to start the game with the Excalibur Class (U.S.S. Atlantic) and then replace the U.S.S. Sovereign with another ship (for example, the U.S.S. Defiant).- How do you suggest I proceed?

Thanks in advance!.-

Tincho.-

Oh, you mean to replace starting ships? You'd need to rewrite the scripts to allow that, I've got a tool which automates it just need your maelstorm py scripts to run the tool so you can swap out with whatever you want.
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign

Offline Tinchazo

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2024, 01:22:10 PM »
Oh, you mean to replace starting ships? You'd need to rewrite the scripts to allow that, I've got a tool which automates it just need your maelstorm py scripts to run the tool so you can swap out with whatever you want.

Hello Mario and thanks for your reply.-

Can you send the tool to proceed or you need my files?. If it the second one, I suppose that the files are you refering are those from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Bridge Commander\scripts\Maelstrom" path, right?.-

Thanks once again!. Kind regards,

Tincho.-

Offline Mario

• Senior Software Developer
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1706
  • Life is life
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2024, 10:03:20 AM »
Better to upload your files here. These need to be py files.
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign

Offline Tinchazo

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2024, 06:13:03 PM »
Better to upload your files here. These need to be py files.

Acknowledge, I´m sending the entire "Maelstrom" directory (with it´s files) so you can make your magic  :dance

I will apreciate if you tell me what do you did in those files and what part of them you replaced.-

Kind regards and thanks once again!.