Author Topic: Master permissions thread-Attention modders  (Read 11500 times)

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 882
    • Facebook
Master permissions thread-Attention modders
« on: November 05, 2007, 11:06:55 AM »
A while back, people of the dynaverse forum made a sticky where every modeler who wanted to stated their permissions, since some required to be asked first, some like P81 have free use with credit policies, some just plain don't want to be bothered with all that email. Some only wish to be notified about what you're doing with their stuff so they can monitor it for their own enjoyment. I've decided to set up the same thing here. For an example of what I am talking about, look here:
http://www.dynaverse.net/forum/index.php/topic,163351890.0.html   (you may need to be registered, but since new models are being made here and people here like to port BC models, you may want to do it anyway)

Please post your model policies here, and if you wish to be contacted, post a means of contacting you. If you don't want it to be an email, say "PM at BCC" or something such as that.

Example:
Your username:
Your general policy here:
Your policy on conversions, if different than your general use policy
Your policy on modifications (other than ports) if different from above)

*Free use: This means you allow people to use your stuff so long as they give credit.

*Free use without modification: People can use your work but only in it's original condition. It is usualy implied that modifications nessecary for conversions to other games don't count. Things like kitbashing, model and texture alterations are prohibited.

Most other policies are self explanitory, such as "no conversions", or "ask first" for instance. If you have a complex policy, you should probably be in the "ask first" catagory.

Any posts which do not pertain directly to the topic at hand will be deleted. No exceptions.

I will edit the first post with a growing list as people participate. If you change your mind after you're on this list, simply make another post or PM me to be updated.

ASK FIRST (permission required to use):
Dj Curtis (no legacy ports)
Rob Archer (No legacy ports)
Nebula (some works involve permission from multiple parties)
cpthooker
Lint / Deadcities
F9thDawg (may require permission from other people in the readme as well)
limey98/jb06/JL Studios
LC Amaral / Legacy / Cpt. LC Amaral (includes anything listed as "dreamyards", all BC2 should be refered to Raven Night)
cordanilus
SBP07 = Ship Builders Project 2007 (finished product subject to approval by majority vote)
Nighthawk
BlackElm (Blackrook32/Elminster productions under the BlackElm banner)
Blackrook32
Elminster
Glenn/Cpt Elgy
Outlance Shipyards
Fallen_Warrior

CREDITS ONLY:
P81 (aka pneumonic81, knox1701 or 1171, rick knox ect)
Redragon
Khaliban
Fek'Leyr Targ/FekLeyr Targ/FekLeyrTarg

NO MODIFICATIONS:
Adonis (retetxures allowed with permission) Legacy ports by TLG team only.

To Complex to sumarize: Please Contact me directly, I'm confused!
Blaxxer
Raven Night/Nightsoft

Updated 3/4/08 - El.
I just realised something. I've released over 300 fully modded ships for bridge commander. Bow to your master :D
Read my mod blog!
http://bcs-tng.com/forums/index.php?action=viewblog;u=1129

Offline Adonis

• Ze Meister xP
  • Cookies: 84
  • Da Death Squad ???
    • Star Trek Excalibur
Re: Master permissions thread-Attention modelers
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 09:04:12 PM »
Ok, you know my policies from Dyna, but I'll repeat here.
No modifications on model, bashing, I allow only retextures, and no Legacy porting! If there's a ship of mine that has been ported to Legacy, then it is only by the memebers of the TLG team, no one else has, or will have my OK in that community to do ports.
Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by themselves.

Offline DJ Curtis

• Ship Builder
  • Cookies: 1410
  • I make ships.
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 09:15:53 PM »
USERNAME: DJ Curtis

GENERAL POLICY: I am not currently authorizing the release of derivative works.

CONVERSION POLICY: I am not currently authorizing the conversion of any of my work.

JB76 edit June 28 2013

I have just received an email from DJ Curtis, who would like to change the policies regarding his ships...

Would you alter my permission status to state that all modifications and ports are ok with me as long as original credit is given. I think it's probably about time.

Offline Rob Archer

• Cookies: 545
  • New Frontier MKVI
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 09:28:31 PM »
UserName: Rob Archer

General Policy: New Frontier And Associated Ships and Technologies are the Property of New Frontier Productions and the original Modders, And Under No Circumstances will be ported Or used in another Mod Without the Express permission of Myself or the Original Creator.

Conversions: Same as above. Like Wise with DJ: New Frontier, Technologies, Planets, Ships, Stations or like wise are to be ported To Star Trek: Legacy, requests for conversion requests will simply be deleted or denied.

I assume you mean "are not to be ported" ?

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 12:42:15 AM »
USERNAME: Nebula

GENERAL POLICY: Anyone who has made changes to my ships, or used parts of them, should ask permission before any release.  Reach me through Private Message here at Bridge Commander Central or CA. You can also reach me through WLM(MSN Messenger).

CONVERSION POLICY: I will allow my ships to be ported to any game however I may make a few exceptions if I see fit.

CONVERSION POLICY Part 2: Some ships may need more than one permission to port from the CA team.
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline cpthooker

• Cookies: 37
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2007, 01:09:14 AM »
Your username: cpthooker
Your general policy here: No one may modify/port any of my work to any computer game without my full permission or cooperation. I can be contacted by msn messenger (matthew_hooker@hotmail.com), email (same used for msn) or pm on bc central

'As a matter of cosmic history, it has always been easier to destroy, than to create.'
Capt Spock - The Wrath of Khan

PC Spec
Athlon X2 Skt AM2 6000+, 4GB DDR2 800 Ram
XFX Geforce 8800 ultra, Vista Ultimate 64bit

Offline Nighthawk

• |______[o]_|
  • Cookies: 18
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2007, 09:23:00 AM »
USERNAME: Nighthawk/N1GH7H4WK

GENERAL POLICY: Only those ships/mods/retextures RELEASED ON BCFILES ONLY are allowed to be ported/converted/kitbashed, except given objection. I reserve the right to allow or deny conversions/third-party use/ports of my mods (either made by me or including third party mods/parts of mods), for that reason, I'm to be contacted before the release of a mod containing parts of mods of my authory. those modders listed in the third-party part of my mods are to be contacted as well either directly or through my mediation.

Any mods containing material listed under Bridge Commander Scripters's "The Armada Project" resource list are NOT to be ported/converted/released to/for any game without explicit given permission of Nighthawk/CaptainKeyes/Wowbagger of BCC/BCS. The members of The Armada Project reserve the right to remove their given permission without further notice.
Any releases of material belonging to The Armada Project is forbidden until the public release of the mod, and subject to approbation after the release of the mod.

CONVERSION POLICY: any release of ships in BCFILES are allowed to be ported with given credits as listed in the respective readme file.

Offline blaXXer

• Your Leader
  • Cookies: 96
  • The proud result of slave labor
    • blaXXer.design
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2007, 10:15:03 AM »
USERNAME: blaXXer

POLICY: Free use without modification

CONVERSION: You may convert my work to any game you like, I would, however like it to be informed on how my work is used.

MODIFICATION OF WORK: No modification whatsoever is permitted.

I can be contacted by MSN Messenger or PM on BC-Central

WEBLINK: www.blaxxer.de/files   

// edited.

YOU suck, get a life, moran.

COME TO MY PLACE clicketh me!

Offline Dawg81

• Cookies: 29
  • I am Dawg; Resistence is futile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2007, 10:30:57 AM »
Username: F9thDawg/9thDawg

General Policy: Any modifications/conversions of existing work must have permission by me. Ships that have been done by myself and F9thDaihak/F9thCenturus require approval from both of us. (Ships made by Daihak/Centurus require his approval only)
Contact: PM at BCC or Dynaverse.net, email: dawg81@verizon.net (I will ask Centurus/Daihak for ok personally)

Modifcation policy: as stated above

Conversion Policy: As stated above

Offline limey BSc.

• JL Studios - Co-Founder
  • Cookies: 421
  • JL Studios - Co-Founder
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2007, 12:23:30 PM »
Username: limey98/jb06/JL Studios

General Policy: Any changes to models and/or textures released by JL Studios or it's members MUST have permission before releasing. This includes conversions.

Contact: PM at BCC, BCS or FF. E-mail at jl_studios@hotmail.co.uk. MSN addresses on profile pages.
MUSE!!!

Offline Legacy

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 1566
  • Praetor of the empire.
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2007, 12:50:35 PM »
username: LC Amaral / Legacy / Cpt. LC Amaral
General policy: No derivative work will be further allowed.
Conversions: Not allowed for any model.
Retextures, modifications, kitbashes: Not allowed for any model.

Due to some of my work being once again stolen (this happend at deviant), i`m changing my permissions policy to a 100% NO.
From now on, NO portings, conversions, retextures, kitbashes, updates or anything related to my models will be allowed.

Permissions given prior to this date to stuff done but not released will still be maintained, but any more derivations from this specific permissions will be denied.

I can be found only by email these days: lcamaral@gmail.com
Ignore any other emails found at readme files.

Obs.:
I must be contact in case of Dreamyards port too.
For BC2 files, contact directly nightsoft, those models belong to Raven Night

Offline cordanilus

• Cookies: 608
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2007, 01:24:35 PM »
Definitions:
SBP07 = Ship Builders Project 2007
Item = Anything that is a model, texture, video, image, audio, HP, etc

Username: Cordanilus

General Policy:

Any porting, re-texture, editing the model or scripting of the model MUST be reviewed and approved by me before release.

Any other variancies will be in the readme.txt of the released "item" in question.

P.S.
I cannot speak for SBP07, I will post another one or edit this post once we have reached an agreement of what should be placed here.

Edit:

I can be reached in the following places...
Bridge Commander Central
Bridge Commander Scripters
SBP07
My new forum (Currently being worked on)
cordanilus@hotmail.com

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2007, 11:25:41 PM »
Ok, folks. I've catagorised you all in the lists in the fist post. If someone can get Raven Night to post here that'd be great. I can maybe try and PM Mike Holt to see if we can rouse the bird. Anyways, 2 of you I was a bit confused by your post or not exactly sure what you require so please indicate which list you want to be put on.

Also, I removed 1 post that was not a model policy, and also, as edited above, if you produced something script related, or a torpedo or phaser texture and such, those things are incompatable with all other trek games as of now, (legacy, armada 1 and 2, all sfc's, and KA) so you're safe. Within BC, well, since BCfiles is really the only source, and run by modders, we can solve those problems very quickly and easily so for now lets concentrate on only the models and textures which are easily crossed to the other games. Thanks and please everyone keep adding yourselves to this thread!

(can someone find scotchy and CG? We need them as well.)
I just realised something. I've released over 300 fully modded ships for bridge commander. Bow to your master :D
Read my mod blog!

Offline Legacy

• Retired Staff
  • Praetor of the empire.
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2007, 05:02:49 AM »
You can also Add Redragon as permission only too.

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2007, 06:41:36 AM »
You can also Add Redragon as permission only too.

That's in conflict with his listing in SFC as credits only (last updated july 2007), and I also heard that someone was left in control of his work in his absence. I'll check into it.
Read my mod blog!

Offline Legacy

• Retired Staff
  • Praetor of the empire.
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2007, 04:06:28 PM »
That's in conflict with his listing in SFC as credits only (last updated july 2007), and I also heard that someone was left in control of his work in his absence. I'll check into it.

My total fault, i meant credits only.

Sorry.

Offline El

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 123
  • Former Vice Admin
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2007, 08:38:59 AM »
USERNAME: Elminster (re: BlackElm mods and ship packs)

POLICY: Alll work by Elminster that forms part of a BlackElm mod is free for use with credit (Specfically HP's).
            I can't speak for Blackrook so you should contact him directly to use any of his work.
            Please review details of all other parties in the readme to see their usage terms.

Note: Changes or modifications developed solely for use in a BlackElm mod, or that are unique to BlackElm mod may not be used in any way without explicit approval from Elminster, Blackrook32 and the original modder.

MODIFICATION OF WORK: No part of any BlackElm works should be modified, without the explicit permission
 & credit of Elminster, Blackrook32 and the relevant modeller/scripter/texturer etc, who produced the original works.

CONVERSION:  No part of any BlackElm works should be converted for use with other games/platforms, without the explicit permission & credit of Elminster, Blackrook32 and the relevant modeller/scripter/texturer etc, who produced the original works.

I can be contacted by PM on BC-Central if clarification is required.

Offline Glenn

• Starfleet Command
  • Cookies: 190
  • Captain - USS Explorer
    • Captain Elgy's Star Trek Files
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2007, 02:31:17 PM »
USERNAME: Glenn, Captain Elgy.

GENERAL POLICY: Anyone who has made changes to my ships, or used parts of them, should ask permission before any release.  Also credit should be given with the released modification.

I can be reached through Private Message here at Bridge Commander Central.

CONVERSION POLICY: A permission request should be sent via email or PM, I will promptly inform you over my decision for any ports or conversions.

Khaliban

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2007, 05:29:19 PM »
USERNAME: Khaliban

GENERAL POLICY: As long as you give proper credit, you may do what you like.  I started out kitbashing, and I encourage it in others.  A note about proper credit, please be careful.  A file website once attributed a slip fighter to me that I didn't make.  I understand why.  They had my Andromeda up.  But I don't like stealing someone else's work.

Offline FekLeyr Targ

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 537
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2008, 05:21:12 PM »
USERNAME: Fek'Leyr Targ/FekLeyr Targ/FekLeyrTarg

GENERAL POLICY: You have my permission do anything with my mods you like, but please give me proper credit if you want to release the result.

If you have Questions or anything else, you can find me nearly everywhere in the Internet or by E-Mail: fekleyrtarg@live.at
TaH pagh, Tah be.