Author Topic: TOS kingon and Romuln ship sharing?  (Read 779 times)

Offline Psyco Diver

• Cookies: 3
TOS kingon and Romuln ship sharing?
« on: October 16, 2009, 02:38:02 AM »
I can't help but notice there are alot of references that the klings and roms shared tech during the tos era, but I thought they were mortal enemys for like ever?

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
Re: TOS kingon and Romuln ship sharing?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 04:13:46 AM »
That actually comes from them both using D7s in TOS.

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 08:55:58 AM »
there's a semi in-universe that the Klingons and the Romulans had an allience during the TOS timeline.  that's how the klingons got the cloak, and that's how romulans got the "one shot kills your butt" weapons.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Psyco Diver

• Cookies: 3
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 01:09:03 PM »
Now I remember seeing in TNG and DS9 that they always hated each other, but other times shared, canon conflict or were they together to fight the greater enemy to themselves i.e. starfleet??

Offline Daystar70

• Cookies: 10
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 01:28:57 PM »

I can't help but notice there are alot of references that the klings and roms shared tech during the tos era, but I thought they were mortal enemys for like ever?

When The Romulan Bird of prey model in TOS was destroyed in a studio fire, they painted wings on a D-7 for Enterprise incident, and began an explanation of a brief technology exchange, The Klingon Bird of prey seen in Trek 3, was originally a new Romulan ship, buit they changed to klingons but decided to keep the built BOP model..They explanation postulated in novels of trek 3 and others, are the klingons gave the romulans D-7 "stormbird" class cruisers in exchange for Cloaking technology, Duras house in TNg was allied to Rommies, The two empires were enemies more than allies but alliance was there.

Offline undedavenger

• It's simple. I reek of awesomeness, and you don't.
  • Cookies: 14
    • Official Star Trek Century Myspace!
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 03:08:29 PM »
I always got that they hated each other BECAUSE of their previous alliance. Both societies run on a great amount of paranoia, and it's conceivable that they began suspecting each other of cheating on their deal. That, I believe, is the basis for the klingon/rommie animosity.
"Books are not canon, only what you see on screen. Yes, even the horrible Voyager episode where they go past warp 10 and have crazy lizard babies."

Offline Senator

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 226
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2009, 03:16:03 PM »
Actually Romulans love Klingons.

They make good pet toys.