Author Topic: Ambassador Class  (Read 13192 times)

Offline Captain_D

• Captain of the Seafood Universe
  • Cookies: 5
Re: Ambassador Class
« Reply #80 on: April 30, 2010, 02:11:17 AM »
The overall look of the ship looks great to me so far. That link was a good find.

Like the idea on the Aztec, will give it a detailed look that the Ambassador always needed IMHO. What you've done so far looks nice, but a little too much toward the Galaxy side to me. Might be the size of it, a little bit large.

besides that,  :thumbsup:

Offline JamesTiberiusKirk

• Johnny Walker... one of my best friends! Cheers!
  • Cookies: 33
  • Cheers!
    • My Myspace Page ->
« Reply #81 on: April 30, 2010, 04:47:08 AM »
<3

"And this... is... to go... even further beyond!"

Offline Dawg81

• Cookies: 29
  • I am Dawg; Resistence is futile
« Reply #82 on: April 30, 2010, 08:41:12 AM »
sweet textures as usual DJ but i noticed something wonky about the window just to the right and above of the 7 in the main reg

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
  • Cookies: 65535
« Reply #83 on: April 30, 2010, 11:29:24 AM »
sweet textures as usual DJ but i noticed something wonky about the window just to the right and above of the 7 in the main reg

That's why I assumed that there would be a separate ID texture LOL
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline DJ Curtis

• Ship Builder
  • Cookies: 1410
  • I make ships.
« Reply #84 on: May 01, 2010, 02:35:55 AM »
That was just a mapping error.  It doesn't have a separate ID texture.

Update.  Worked on the bottom and rim of the saucer.  Phasers also textured.

Do you guys think I should take some additional creative liberty and maybe add some more escape pods to the outer areas of the bottom saucer?

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #85 on: May 01, 2010, 02:41:12 AM »
No I'd keep this number.
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline Nihilus

• Cookies: 14
« Reply #86 on: May 01, 2010, 03:25:18 AM »
Looks pretty sweet so far.  Are you going to model the ridges on the neck, or are you just going to use textures?

uploaded image...  ex-astris-scientia.org does not allow for hotlinking...  - jb76

Offline Centurus

• If you're reading this, you're missing out on something better.
  • Cookies: 68
  • BOW BEFORE THE POWER OF MY RUBBER CHICKENS!!!
« Reply #87 on: May 01, 2010, 04:02:21 AM »
I think maybe another 5 or 10 escape pods on the underside of the saucer would be good.  No more than that though.

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #88 on: May 01, 2010, 07:44:59 AM »
actually, I agree...it looks like it needs a couple more E-pods, for some reason
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 33
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #89 on: May 01, 2010, 08:14:17 AM »
It looks gorgeous, though I can't say I'm sold on the Aztec colours. The original Ambie colouring was blue/grey -  I know you're going for a median point between excelsior and Galaxy, but I think it wouldn't hurt to maintain the Ambie's rather unique colour pallette -  while at the same time maintaining your redesigned hull patterns to better reflect her place in history...
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!

Offline CptBenSisko

• Cookies: 6
« Reply #90 on: May 01, 2010, 10:20:11 AM »
I agree with Bren on the color scheme..but I also think that the escape pods are too small..they seem to be, according to the picture posted by Nihilus, about 2.5 to 2.7 times the height of the windows...thats why it seems like there should be more cuz how you have them now are a little on the small size...i mean im no modeling or texturing expert...how ever I am pretty good at scaling my ships to each other..but the Galaxy and Ambassador escape pods seem to be close to the same make and model.... can't wait to see more DJ

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #91 on: May 01, 2010, 10:28:18 AM »
the ambass is smaller than the galaxy and the escape pods are cubes I think large enough for 10 to 15 people...
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
  • Cookies: 65535
« Reply #92 on: May 01, 2010, 11:29:19 AM »
That was just a mapping error.  It doesn't have a separate ID texture.

Update.  Worked on the bottom and rim of the saucer.  Phasers also textured.

Do you guys think I should take some additional creative liberty and maybe add some more escape pods to the outer areas of the bottom saucer?

*mr burns voice* excellent...something else for me to cut up and make an ID with :P (like I did with your galaxy LOL)

Looking good DJ :) Liking the Aztec.  But are you still going to use the blue rings etc?
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline DJ Curtis

• Ship Builder
  • I make ships.
« Reply #93 on: May 01, 2010, 01:03:38 PM »
I tried adding the blue rings and it looked okay.  I might yet do that.  As to sticking with the original blue scheme, I can do that really easily, and will.

I'll also increase the size of the escape pods a bit.  Blame my schematics.  There are no good original "Rick Sterbach" kind of schematics for the Ambie, they all seem to be fan made.  :(

Updates this afternoon.

Offline Captain_D

« Reply #94 on: May 01, 2010, 02:54:59 PM »
After seeing the bottom of the saucer textured as well, I agree with the other guys, it was the color scheme of the hull instead of the sizing of the tiles that was going heavy on the galaxy side. A few more escape pods around the rim would fill in the empty look it has around the edge. Like the detail you've put on them as well.

She is looking great so far.

Offline DJ Curtis

• Ship Builder
  • I make ships.
« Reply #95 on: May 01, 2010, 02:56:06 PM »
Looks pretty sweet so far.  Are you going to model the ridges on the neck, or are you just going to use textures?

Textures seem to do the trick.  They're pretty shallow.  Also, aztec has been given a blue tint instead of green.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #96 on: May 01, 2010, 03:16:50 PM »
 :yay: :thumbsup:

Offline Captain_D

« Reply #97 on: May 01, 2010, 04:03:49 PM »
The neck looks great, like the docking port.  To me, the shade of blue on the aztec looks a little overpowering to the grey on the saucer section, a lot of heavy contrast. maybe tone the blue down into more of a greyish blue. or a tone of blue on the grey that would complement it more. just my opinion, :)

Offline DJ Curtis

• Ship Builder
  • I make ships.
« Reply #98 on: May 01, 2010, 04:26:51 PM »
That's partly due to the bright lighting scheme I'm using.  In the game under different lighting, the ship invariable looks a bit different.

Offline Captain_D

« Reply #99 on: May 01, 2010, 04:51:46 PM »
I was sort of wondering if it may be the way the model was lit, because the neck looked right color wise. thanks for that. Just trying to be helpful.