Author Topic: Re: Bridge Commander: Generations (Pictorial) *Update* 05/11/23  (Read 8410 times)

Offline hobbs

• Cookies: 77
Re: Bridge Commander: Generations (Pictorial) *Update* 12/10/12
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2012, 06:37:30 AM »
this is cool.

I thought it would be cool long ago to have a character (kirk, picard, sisco, janeway, archer or genaric) sat in the captains seat and you able to take the seat of any of the other bridge crew ie: relieve the helms man or tactical etc...

but like i say cool job :) and your bridges are great... very real feeling :)
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers..." Michael Ansara, "Elric" Babylon 5 "The Geometry of Shadows,"

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2012, 06:14:46 AM »
Entirely possible  ;)

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1076
    • Blackrook32's YouTube Channel
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2012, 01:19:42 AM »
this is cool.

I thought it would be cool long ago to have a character (kirk, picard, sisco, janeway, archer or genaric) sat in the captains seat and you able to take the seat of any of the other bridge crew ie: relieve the helms man or tactical etc...

but like i say cool job :) and your bridges are great... very real feeling :)

Thanks for the compliment. One of the reasons I like modding for BC, because it allows all modders to express their slant on the Trekverse. If any of my creations elevate your BC experience, then more the better! :)

Entirely possible  ;)

LOL, don't ridicule my sojourn into mind numbing scripting :P  I took a different slant in placing the bot. The Captain is actually one of the scripted extras, I just made him a regular fixture on the set. Rob_Archer gave me the ideal, and I ran with it.

Right now, I'm outfitting the rank insignia's for the ENT era uniforms, this includes the Starship Intrepid, Columbia and UESPA variants. Just finished up all the ensign pips for the females, more to go. I'll need to test a sample in-game, before proceeding further. These are the canon ranks I found on Spike's Trek page. Here is the listing of the order of progression. I know it looks like a lot, because it is. More so on the Starfleet side, than the Macos. I'll post some pics up as the work progress. :)

UESPA Starfleet Ranks
=================

- Fleet Admiral/Commander & Chief
- Admiral
- Vice Admiral
- Rear Admiral
- Commodore
- Captain
- Commander
- Lieutenant Commander
- Lieutenant
- Ensign
- Master Chief Petty Officer
- Senior Chief Petty Officer
- Chief Petty Officer
- First Class Petty Officer
- Second Class Petty Officer
- Crewman 1st Class
- Crewman 2nd Class
- Crewman 3rd Class
- Crewman 4th Class (no pip)

UESPA Marine Corps/Macos
======================

- General (four stars)
- Lieutenant General (three stars)
- Major General (two stars)
- Brigadier General (one star)
- Colonel (silver eagle)
- Lieutenant Colonel (silver leaf)
- Major (gold leaf)
- Captain (two silver brackets)
- First Lieutenant (one silver bracket)
- Second Lieutenant (one gold bracket)
- Chief Warrent Officer 1st Class
- Chief Warrent Officer 2nd Class
- Warrant Officer
- First Sergeant
- Master Sergeant
- Gunnery Sergeant
- Staff Sergeant
- Sergeant
- Corporal
- Lance Corporal
- Private 1st Class
- Private (no rank)

Here is a sample rank for the Female Ensigns. Not sure about the scaling, but it is identifiable. I have to make it just right. Any larger, and I'd run the risk of the higher rank/ pips, being distorted or cut off by the bot. I viewed the positioning from a promotional pic of ENT's Hoshi Sato/Linda Park. ;)

" Fortune Favors the Bold "

Offline Saquist

• Cookies: 24
« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2012, 02:24:24 PM »
I've often wondered how MASS EFFECT human models would work in BC.
It could be revolutionary to port them over and have the most realistic forms in the game.  I don't know if B could handle it.

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2012, 07:40:30 PM »
I've often wondered how MASS EFFECT human models would work in BC.
It could be revolutionary to port them over and have the most realistic forms in the game.  I don't know if B could handle it.

I've explored the possibility with using Sims 2 or 3 bots, researching EA/Electronic Arts usage policy. I would love to have more detailed bots, but it isn't pretty for modders. The problem is EA/Electronic Arts's EULA prohibits exports of their material, into other games, even if its freeware. But they don't mind you making money off any modifications, as long as it remains with the original game format. :lostit: :facepalm: :bitch:

So, if someone manages to port the Sims 2, 3 or Mass Effect bots (I actually have S2 and ME 1 & 2) then that would be cool. But you could never release the ports, or distribute them publicly, without EA's legal vultures swooping down to enforce their DRM. Which they have been known to do, as a main hobby, just to set an example for others.  :(

* Update * 12/26/12

This opens up some interesting very possibilities, since I was able to get my hand on all the bots in the ME3 game. These are in .iwo, and not freakin' .c4d. I may need to look into porting the basic animation, the articulation w/walking, movement and the hands especially, because BC's are over a decade old, and look really primitive by today's standards.

I'm not abandoning this project, but I'm curious about more detailed bots. I'm going to conduct some experiments, to see how things work out. Here is a sample of what I'll be playing with.

Offline solo-ukbiker

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2019, 06:53:28 PM »
7 years ago, did this mod get released for download ? sorry to wake this tread, reading other threads shows that members dont like it, sorry about that .

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2019, 11:12:02 PM »
7 years ago, did this mod get released for download ? sorry to wake this tread, reading other threads shows that members dont like it, sorry about that .

Actually, I don't make mods on what's liked. Like most modders, I make things to my personal tastes and what I want to see in game. I never got the impression this mod wasn't liked? :rolleyes :vb_shakehead: :s

Though I haven't released this publicly, many of my friends and modding cohorts have a copy; and I haven't heard any negative opinions or complaints. Since the community decline, I haven't had a pressing need to release this mod.

Seeing post like this isn't encouraging either....

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2019, 03:48:49 AM »
I think he was referring to, people don't like when you necro old forgotten threads. I don't think he was referring to people not liking your mods.
Official BCC Discord ยท https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline FekLeyr Targ

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 537
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2019, 07:28:43 AM »
I think he was referring to, people don't like when you necro old forgotten threads. I don't think he was referring to people not liking your mods.
That's my interpretation as well.
On a personal note: While I understand why reviving WIP threads is frowned upon here (I mean which mod author likes being pressurized?), I also can't really blame people wishing to know if a mod is still being worked on.
(In fact, I'm curious myself whether or not BR32 still works on BC:G occasionally.)
TaH pagh, Tah be.

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2019, 04:19:29 PM »

Perhaps, that's what I get for typing while sleep deprived :(

That's my interpretation as well.
On a personal note: While I understand why reviving WIP threads is frowned upon here (I mean which mod author likes being pressurized?), I also can't really blame people wishing to know if a mod is still being worked on.
(In fact, I'm curious myself whether or not BR32 still works on BC:G occasionally.)

The mod is basically done. The things not finished are the ENT uniform ranks and making the mod UMM friendly, which I know how now(thanks to studying some of Lurok's Bridge QB scripting).

Its just a case of enthusiasm, and not being side tracked by other modding ideals/projects.

Offline Grummelmax

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2021, 05:11:05 AM »
Hi Guys, awesome mod, but it would be nice if where there a download button for that. :)

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
Re: Bridge Commander: Generations (Pictorial) *Update* 03/21/22
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2022, 07:28:02 AM »
Mod Update:

Looking over the TOS mod, I decided to update the mod a bit more; in particular the canon uniform insignias. I've was just going to do a couple of variants for other starships as seen in TOS. But I went off on a tangent and decided to create all of them, lol :D

This mod also included custom Andorian and Orion females

So far, I've created the Enterprise, Lexington, Intrepid, Exeter, and the Constellation signets.

I'll post more pics of the other crew soon.

Offline FekLeyr Targ

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 537
Re: Bridge Commander: Generations (Pictorial) *Update* 03/21/22
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2022, 07:41:24 AM »
Looks very good.
Fantastic work. :)
TaH pagh, Tah be.

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
Re: Bridge Commander: Generations (Pictorial) *Update* 03/19/22
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2022, 04:20:14 AM »
Looks very good.
Fantastic work. :)

Thanks for the compliment! :)

Here is another example of something I always wanted to see; an updated AGT uniform for the EF2 bots. All I have to do now, making rank insignias. I tried to find the best example of the AGT comm badge on the net. Next up, are the TNG 1st & 2nd season comm badge and uniforms.

Offline moed

• Cookies: 57
  • Star Trekus Fanaticus
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2022, 05:11:23 PM »
Looking awesome Blackrook!

So great to see that BCC is still thriving.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2022, 03:42:53 PM »
I like that bridge!

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2022, 09:39:40 PM »
Looking awesome Blackrook!

So great to see that BCC is still thriving.

Thanks for the compliment! :D

I like that bridge!

I think that's a hjEnterprise's creation. He did a lot of cool reflective bridge textures.
I think it was a part of the Break.com purge in 2012.

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
Re: Bridge Commander: Generations (Pictorial) *Update* 05/04/23
« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2023, 11:57:35 PM »
After watching Star Trek: Picard season 3, I finally had some inspiration.
Using the AGT mod as a guide, and a few tweaks, I was able to make this
less than five hours.

Welcome to the 25th Century...

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
Re: Bridge Commander: Generations (Pictorial) *Update* 05/11/23
« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2023, 06:17:49 AM »
Here are some screen pics of finalizing this particular Enterprise uniforms (adding ranks)
It's tedious, but I'm a 1/3 of the way there, Not only does T'Pol has 14 uniform variations, the 4th season catsuit gets more complicated. You can refer to the list on this thread, on how many ranks will be added.