Author Topic: possible new series  (Read 2098 times)

Offline 007bashir

• Cookies: 111
  • Android User/Screenshooter/Sci-Fi Rendering
    • http://007bashir.deviantart.com/

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
Re: possible new series
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 04:21:13 PM »
*facepalm* WHEN are these idiots gonna let us Trekkies have a say in this stuff.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 04:37:05 PM »
So, we got a new movie starting over the universe to break away from being bogged down by 40+ years of canon, and they want to start a TV show after Voyager that depends on viewers being familiar with said 40+ years of canon??? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
  • Cookies: 65535
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 08:30:28 PM »
So, we got a new movie starting over the universe to break away from being bogged down by 40+ years of canon, and they want to start a TV show after Voyager that depends on viewers being familiar with said 40+ years of canon??? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Well, if you think about it...isn't Star Trek streaming on both Netflix and Amazon???? *ducks*
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 09:31:59 PM »
Well, if you think about it...isn't Star Trek streaming on both Netflix and Amazon???? *ducks*

Like everyone has Netflix.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline eclipse74569

• Webmaster
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2011, 09:42:29 PM »
true...I fail  :facepalm:
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline CyAn1d3

• MacDill Shipyards Design Team
  • Cookies: 420
  • RETIRED
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2011, 03:23:42 PM »
HA. this should be interesting.... just as long as it dont turn into another "enterprise"  :facepalm:
I came, i saw, i added a Sig.
Later gents, i have Youtube to take over.
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline Trim

• BCN/BCU Veteran
  • Cookies: 74
  • Moderator of redundancy Moderator
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2011, 04:08:15 PM »
HA. this should be interesting.... just as long as it dont turn into another "enterprise"  :facepalm:

Couldn't agree more.  Since there are currently no ST series I'll take anything at this point and reserve judgement till after I've seen it.  Personally I think post Voyager would be a good place to start a new series, don't see why you guys don't like the idea to be honest. 

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2011, 04:46:42 PM »
hmm...never seen you before, and your a mod!

like I said, rather let us trekkies/ers in on this.

still wish Ida won the TNG competiton give-away...
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2011, 04:52:13 PM »
Okay, let me clarify.  While I would like a new series set post-Voyager, the average viewer, aka. the non-Trekkie,  will see "Star Trek" on the telly, think to themselves, "Oh, this must be a tv show related to the JJ Abrams film!"  Then they'll tune in, not understand what's going on, turn it off, and boom.  Ratings down through a hole.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline TheConstable6

• ^LOL
  • Cookies: 10
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2011, 06:23:04 PM »
The trekkies will keep it alive  :D
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
 We are not now that strength which in old days
 Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
 One equal temper of heroic hearts,
 Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
 To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2011, 06:26:26 PM »
from what i understand, this concept hasnt even been introduced to CBS or whoever yet...
also, trekkies have no say in any matter - these people sell/forcefeed the shit to us they come up with, whether we like it or not...

as far as the concept itself, i am all for it - i just dont think its gonna happen...

finally -
hmm...never seen you before, and your a mod!
*kicks KCS*
trim is oldschool - a major part back at BCU, he has been on the BC forums even longer than i have been lol
i arrived in early 2003 at BCU but he and neb and many others were there for like year before i was :P
while he may not be as active as he was years ago, i think he was #2 in BCU postcounts (just under Neb, and both of them had 20000+ posts there) so of course when BCC was created, he had a staff spot here, no question...  (we all did, those of us who were staff at BCU were given staff spots at BCC when BCC was created)
not to mention, he was also an admin at BCU :P

and BCU's Spam Forum was where i got most of mine 13000ish posts lol  
we all go way back, the few of us left from the oldschool days  :)

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2011, 06:38:01 PM »
OW!

hey, I literally never saw this guy before.  don't forget, I haven't been here that long, either *rubs sore ass* yeesh, I'm SORRY allready.
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read

Offline eclipse74569

• Webmaster
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2011, 06:57:50 PM »
OW!

hey, I literally never saw this guy before.  don't forget, I haven't been here that long, either *rubs sore ass* yeesh, I'm SORRY allready.

You'll find he posts a bit more often in the General Discussion thread...mostly the Funny/Awesome thread :P

Anyways, I remember the days when CBS/Paramount actually used some of our ideas in Trek *sighs* Alas those days are forever gone :(

Offline CyAn1d3

• MacDill Shipyards Design Team
  • Cookies: 420
  • RETIRED
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2011, 03:08:30 AM »
Anyways, I remember the days when CBS/Paramount actually used some of our ideas in Trek *sighs* Alas those days are forever gone :(

indeed, i would love to go back to the days where opium smoking monkeys with typewriters took suggestions from us wee folk, but alas, they send the monekys to rehab and replaced the typrewriters with Ipads and locked them away in a dark room somewhere away from the internet. if TV/Movies were more focused on what the audience wants and not what those jackass producers want, then maybe some (keyword SOME) shows/movies these days wouldnt be cookie cutter crap fests where its the SAME damn story with the SAME damn plots, but different settings and character names.  :facepalm:

PRIME EXAMPLE - Avatar = Dances With Wolves, but with 8ft tall smurfs, marines, and CG.  :dontcare:
(note, i do not in any way say that Avatar sucked, but it is what it is if you think about it)

how many shows do you see where you go "wait, ive seen this before" hell they even spun off NCIS, wich i never thought would happen (F*CKING CRIS ODONNEL, are you KIDDING me??!?!?!?  :facepalm:)

wash, rinse, cash the F*cking check.... woa... deja vu..

... sorry.... ive been drinking again  :P

*runs from jimmy*
I came, i saw, i added a Sig.
Later gents, i have Youtube to take over.
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline Trim

• BCN/BCU Veteran
  • Cookies: 74
  • Moderator of redundancy Moderator
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2011, 05:41:17 PM »
Have to agree with Jimmy, I would also like to see this happen but I seriously doubt it will.  They should be able to look at TNG, DS9, and Voyager and see which direction they need to go to create a successful series.  I don't need to see what happened before TOS, I don't give a shit.  While I liked the new ST film, I'm really over all the remake crap that's been coming out of hollywood lately.  With the advance of CGI and special effects since Voyager ended, the possibilities for an excellent post Voyager series are endless.   :dontcare:

Offline Vedic

• Cookies: 2
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2011, 06:02:54 AM »
As long as nothing from Voyager is in this, or Voyager Tech is just brushed to the side.... it should be alright.

Nice CG would be nice aswell.

Offline mckinneyc

• Screenshot Master
  • Cookies: 151
  • Screenshot Master
    • My DA page
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2011, 12:54:28 PM »
While I would like to see a post Voyager show, the Gamma Quadrant is out there to explore, I would like gaps filled in.

The Enterprise B goes begging to be done or the adventures of the 1701 during the 20 years before Kirk got her.

If it is done right it can be good. The Galactica franchise has success in doing prequels that haven't messed with that has been laid out in other shows. And while I liked Enterprise only season 4 is the best when they TOS-fied it.

Offline Lionus

• Cookies: 79
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2011, 07:35:05 PM »
Or a series that would not be human-centric, but concentrate on the work of UFP's ambassadors on foreign territories such as Klingon Empire, Romulan Star Empire.. just to get a deeper look behind the iron curtains between the trek nations. Klingons need it, Romulans deserve it, and Cardassians.. well, they can be forgotten. Some old foes could return though.. perhaps the Gorn?
Star Trek Quad-nacelle fanboy Extraordinaire

StarFleet Research and Development Crash Test Dummie/Test pilot

"Beyond the rim of the star-light
My love
Is wand'ring in star-flight
I know
He'll find in star-clustered reaches
Love,
Strange love a star woman teaches.
I know
His journey ends never
His star trek
Will go on forever.
But tell him
While he wanders his starry sea
Remember, remember me."

Offline Tuskin38

• Cookies: 111
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2011, 08:36:04 PM »
indeed, i would love to go back to the days where opium smoking monkeys with typewriters took suggestions from us wee folk

Writers used to listen to the fans? Any examples in trek?

how many shows do you see where you go "wait, ive seen this before" hell they even spun off NCIS, wich i never thought would happen

I watch both NCIS and NCIS:LA... I don't see a lot of similarities between them other then the name.