Author Topic: possible new series  (Read 2100 times)

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
Re: possible new series
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2011, 09:13:44 PM »
Writers used to listen to the fans? Any examples in trek?
I think Enterprise's fourth season had a lot to do with the fans.  Manny Coto seemed to be listening...

Offline CyAn1d3

• MacDill Shipyards Design Team
  • Cookies: 420
  • RETIRED
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2011, 03:10:34 AM »
I watch both NCIS and NCIS:LA... I don't see a lot of similarities between them other then the name.

i wouldnt know, i watched 2 episodes and was immediately turned off by Chris O'Donnel (i just dont like his acting), so i cant rightfully judge the series as a whole.
I came, i saw, i added a Sig.
Later gents, i have Youtube to take over.
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2011, 07:48:55 AM »
there are several gaps to fill in

the Daedalus days: 2161-ca 2200, including the Romulan War
Post Romulan War to 2230-'s
the prime Kelvin era
the mark one connie era (supposedly, the first connie hull was finished in 2245)
the TMP gap 2270-2280 (commonly referred to as "the Lost Years")
the Adventures of Sulu and Harriman (excelsiors take the forefront) from 2295
the X era with the enterprise C (and watching Picard as a noob!)
Picard's time with the stargazer.

personally, I'd take Post TMP to Pre TNG, get a few "last shot" cameos in before the TOS cast dies off.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2011, 08:59:56 AM »
Personally, I'd like to see what the Kelvin got up to in the prime timeline.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Tuskin38

• Cookies: 111
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2011, 08:05:21 PM »
I wouldn't like a TV series taking place during the Romulan war if it contradicted the Enterprise books that are dealing with it at the moment. I liked those books.

Offline CyAn1d3

• MacDill Shipyards Design Team
  • Cookies: 420
  • RETIRED
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2011, 12:21:02 PM »
personally, I'd take Post TMP to Pre TNG, get a few "last shot" cameos in before the TOS cast dies off.

couldnt agree more there. that is a BIG gap in timeline that needs to be filled. but i would say have the B & C ents. make cameos as well, follow the crew of a regular joe Excel, or the Ambassador when it was still in NX Phase. considering the amounts of tech advances between the two ships the first season could be set as the shakedown cruise for the NX Amb, seeing the torch be passed between the B & C, noting at the stargazer and the events that happened there, actually witnessing a few events that were only hinted at during TNG - VOY and at the end of the series see the galaxy under construction as a last shot.
I came, i saw, i added a Sig.
Later gents, i have Youtube to take over.
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2012, 12:40:13 AM »
10 Things We Want From a New Star Trek TV Show

i could think of alot more than 10...

Offline mckinneyc

• Screenshot Master
  • Cookies: 151
  • Screenshot Master
    • My DA page
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2012, 05:24:10 AM »
I like those 10, and agree for the most part.

But what In a Mirror Darkly proved is a show set during the TOS era could still look good in the 21st Century, everything was futuristically retro, give me Cpt April and the 1701 and lets go again where no man had gone before!

Offline Cube

• Cookies: 5
    • DJcube
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2012, 06:42:50 AM »
I think that the prime universe should be left alone in terms of TV shows - leave it to games and stuff to continue that part. I see parallels with Stargate - the technology is just too powerful now, one of the galaxy's big villains seem much of a threat and simply introducting yet another just seems wrong (Stargate Universe tried something different, but that didn't turn out well). A reboot of both is best, imo.

After a few films set in the new universe, I'd like a new TV series set 70-80 years after the films (around the same time as TNG) so they have a lot of leeway in how things are (butterfly effect). They could make it very different - completely different crew, perhaps a ship design nothing like the Galaxy. It would be nice to have one or two characters the same (like Guinan turning up in an episode, one of the main cast or recurring characters turning up, etc). It would also be nice to have one two-parter involving the Temporal Cold War (perhaps with even Bakula making an appearance) and even one or two episodes which have a similar plot to TNG.

But, ultimately, it would be a brand new mythos with similar building blocks. Much less canon to try and comply to and a bigger empty space for much more creativity.

Offline captain_obvious

• The captain of obvious-ness
  • Cookies: 54
    • ARmy Rumour SErvice- British Army Unofficial community
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2012, 08:26:13 AM »
I think the early 23rd century is just begging to be done.  How's about the adventures of the Kelvin?
I think it has to be either that, sometime during the lost era between TMP and TNG, post nem or maybe even during/slightly before STO? 

Tying STO into events that happen in the series and vice versa would be rather nifty if done right.
I miss :bigdance:

Offline Killallewoks

• RNR
  • Cookies: 175
  • Innuendo implier extordanaire.
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2012, 01:11:49 PM »
I'd love a TLE series, such an underdeveloped era in Star Trek.

Offline TheConstable6

• ^LOL
  • Cookies: 10
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2012, 03:15:24 PM »
My preferences would be a prime timeline post-Nemesis setting or a gen 1 Constitution setting, seeing Pike or April as a captain would be so cool.
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
 We are not now that strength which in old days
 Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
 One equal temper of heroic hearts,
 Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
 To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Offline Trim

• BCN/BCU Veteran
  • Cookies: 74
  • Moderator of redundancy Moderator
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2012, 02:36:48 PM »
I think its safe to say that they will never make another series, please morons from Paramount, prove me wrong.

Offline captain_obvious

• The captain of obvious-ness
  • Cookies: 54
    • ARmy Rumour SErvice- British Army Unofficial community
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2012, 06:58:30 AM »
I'd like to see something that follows the Juniors officers and enlisted personnel of a ship rather than the command crew.  Sort of like the Walking dead but with the zombies replaced with the situations the command crew puts the ship in.  I don't know if it would make a great series but I'm pretty sure it would make for a damn nice mini series or maybe a few specials in the same vein as BSG: Razor.

Or what about following one or two young joes through the academy and their careers?
I miss :bigdance: