Author Topic: Lurok legacy bridges  (Read 7150 times)

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
Lurok legacy bridges
« on: May 23, 2018, 09:10:11 PM »

The original pinned legacy bridges thread was lost last year so I've remade.

Some backstory for newcomers: Joining BCC in 2008 I became interested in creating new bridges for the game, despite no modelling/gaming experience and many of the  original bridge modellers having moved on to Excalibur. With the help and advice of many longtime members (esp Mark and 3rd Era,Jimmy, Blackrook and Morgan/Nero), I managed to adapt a public mesh of the Rotarran bridge to work ingame. Subsequently myself and Baz  were able to create several new bridges for the game before retiring from modding.

I have grouped bridges by approximate Trek eras as I imagine this will best help those interested in or looking for a specific bridge set.  All bridges featured should be available (somewhere!) for download unless otherwise indicated (*)

PRE-TMP ERA

NX CLASSES PACK
Remodel of 3rd Era NX-01 bridge to more closely and proportionally resemble original Enterprise set.  Includes new animated LCARS, red alert states and all variants:  first and fourth season bridges, NX-02 Columbia and Mirror Enterprise.

* KELVIN TIMELINE ENTERPRISE
Unreleased non-canon version of Enterprise bridge as featured in JJ-Trek films.

TMP ERA

KLINGON D7 K’TINGA (IKC Amar)
Adapted and remodeled from Baz’s TWOK torpedo room set.

VENTURE CLASS
Non-canon original bridge based on Luke/Interceptor design. 

MIRANDA CLASS VARIANT
Non-canon original bridge based on Luke/Interceptor 3D design. 

TRAVELPOD

TYPE 5 SHUTTLE

TNG ERA

VENTURE CLASS (TNG variant)
Non-canon original bridge based on Luke/Interceptor design.

NEBULA CLASS
Remodel of 3rd Era bridge based on DS9 episode ‘Second Sight’

TYPE 6 SHUTTLE

*ESCAPE POD
Modeled from TNG Galaxy blueprints

DS9

*DS OPS
Fully working ingame, but no animated turbolifts or Sisko office doors.

DEFIANT CLASS V4
Minor remodel of Sean’s bridge sets. Features animated LCARS and animated red alert states and includes all variants:  original bridge, holo-version, classic Defiant and Sao Paolo.

DANUBE CLASS RUNABOUT
Includes all DS9 season variants

MIRANDA CLASS (USS Saratoga variant)
Remodel of 3rd Era Nebula bridge to match the DS9 pilot episode Saratoga set

KLINGON BIRD-of-PREY (IKV Rotarran)
Modelled on Redragon’s unfinished public domain mesh

ROMULAN WARBIRD
Remodel of 3rd Era Nebula bridge as Warbird bridge featured in ‘The Die Is Cast’

GALOR BRIDGE
Minor retexture of 3rd Era original Galor bridge to provide more canon Cardassian LCARS.

VOYAGER

INTREPID CLASS (USS Voyager)
Remodel and retexture of 3rd Era bridge.  New viewscreen and helm, side stations with animated LCARS and new animated red alert states.

NOVA CLASS (USS Equinox)
Remodel of 3rd Era Prometheus bridge.

DELTA FLYER

TYPE 8 SHUTTLE

TYPE 9 SHUTTLE

POST-DOMINION WAR ERA
(bridges marked * are currently Maelstrom Mod exclusives)

*SOVEREIGN CLASS  (USS Enterprise)
Modelled on bridge featured in Nemesis.  Features new animated LCARS and animated red alert states.

*GALAXY CLASS (USS Dauntless)
Remodel and retexture of 3rd Era ‘Generations’ Galaxy bridge. Features new lightmaps, animated LCARS and animated red alert states.

*AKIRA CLASS
Non-canon variant.  Remodel of 3rd Era ‘Generations’ Galaxy bridge.  Features new animated LCARS and animated red alert states.

*OLYMPIC CLASS
Remodeled from Sean original mesh.

NOVA CLASS (USS Rhode Island)
Non-canon variant update of Equinox bridge based on VOY ‘Endgame’

SC-4 ENDGAME SHUTTLE

TYPE 11 SHUTTLE

SCOUTSHIP
As featured in Insurrection

VALKYRIE FIGHTER

*ROMULAN VALDORE
As featured in Nemesis

*REMAN SCIMITAR

CONCEPT BRIDGES

Some new bridge designs I had started in 3ds Max but never got to export into game.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CREDITS

I hope I have credited all mod originators/collaborators.  If forgotten/missed anyone, many apologies and drop me a PM so I can update.  But general thanks go to the 3rd Era bridge team, Mark, LC, Sean, Luke, Redragon and Baz for allowing me to use and build on their initial model work;  Adge, Deif and Robert for use of their LCARS artwork;  and JimmyB, Blackrook, Morgan/Nero, Bones, tiqhud, Bren and Barihawk for  all their support, encouragement and beta testing of the bridges over the years.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
Re: Lurok legacy bridges
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 10:11:42 PM »
i love you, can i marry you? :D

do you have all of those packaged up and ready to release?  (all your bridges work perfectly in my install)
if you havent yet packaged them up, would it be possible to go one by one?
or just one large pack?
if you send me all the things (ive tinkered around just ever so slightly for my install, i would need your originals) i would be happy to post them in our Downloads Section (or elsewhere) if you need a hand anywhere  :)

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2018, 06:00:59 PM »
I think most of these are  in the Dropbox archive?  Or in the Maelstrom Mod.

Any that aren't, I'd be happy to package when get chance (if I can still find!  :D).   

BR has quite a few of unreleased ones (DS9 Ops, Norexan), and I'd be happy for him to make available if he's ok with that.

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1077
    • Blackrook32's YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2018, 08:05:47 PM »
I think most of these are  in the Dropbox archive?  Or in the Maelstrom Mod.

http://www.bc-central.net/forums/index.php/topic,10110.0.html

Any that aren't, I'd be happy to package when get chance (if I can still find!  :D).   

BR has quite a few of unreleased ones (DS9 Ops, Norexan), and I'd be happy for him to make available if he's ok with that.

Not a Problem, Lurok  :)

Out of the sets in your list, I don't have the Venture TNG & TMP variants, the Saratoga, JJ 1701 and the Scimitar. If you can find the rest of the sets, I'd be more than happy to script them in-game. This is becoming a lost art, I try to keep in practice by doing stand alone retextures.

Speaking of, I also have a few based on your Defiant 4.0 (w/red alert); the Valiant and the Khitomer. Also the Akira Class Geronimo made for BCSP.

" Fortune Favors the Bold "

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2018, 12:16:15 PM »
Runabout bridges are in the dropbox archive  :thumbsup:

Akira, Olympic, Dauntless (Galaxy) and Sov bridges in Maelstrom Mod so can be extracted from there if anyone feels like doing so

I'll need to find the others which are probably in an old KM install on a drive somewhere  :D

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2018, 04:31:11 PM »

I'm on it  :)

I already have the Akira and Olympic (TNG and AGT variants,) separated and packed. The Olympic still need a bug to work out. It will crash when you try access a bridge crew officer. I'll have to go over that one again.

As for the Sovereign and the Dauntless sets? Consider it done. :thumbsup:

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2018, 08:57:30 PM »
i just remembered, i have the Nebula Bridge v4

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2018, 07:08:17 PM »
  :funny

BR has the Dauntless and Sov bridges ready as separate installs.  I just need to complete the readme.

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2018, 04:56:09 PM »
I just realised that the MM Dauntless and Sov bridges are currently scripted to overwrite stock DBridge and EBridge which some may want to keep in their modded or KM installs. 

So we may have to re-script everything to create a new bridge install such as GalaxyRefitBridge or DRefit Bridge.  And SovRefitBridge or ERefitBridge. Or even possibly provide two install options:  for those who want to replace stock, and those who want to add as addtl bridge.  I know it's a pain and more work but let me know thoughts  :)

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2018, 12:13:35 AM »
I just realised that the MM Dauntless and Sov bridges are currently scripted to overwrite stock DBridge and EBridge which some may want to keep in their modded or KM installs. 

So we may have to re-script everything to create a new bridge install such as GalaxyRefitBridge or DRefit Bridge.  And SovRefitBridge or ERefitBridge. Or even possibly provide two install options:  for those who want to replace stock, and those who want to add as addtl bridge.  I know it's a pain and more work but let me know thoughts  :)

I noticed the same. :angel2:

On the Sovereign Bridge, the tactical bot was giving me problems (sitting vs. standing). :banghead:
The best way to take this on? Make the scripts customized; this is normally done when making stand alone sets.

Yeah, a bit more work, but not aggravating. :thumbsup:

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2018, 12:21:27 PM »
Would it work best if I sent you the scripts for standalone bridges?   

Feel free to rename as see fit or suggestions above  :)

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2018, 04:18:33 PM »
Would it work best if I sent you the scripts for standalone bridges?   

Feel free to rename as see fit or suggestions above  :)

If you want to send over the scripts, that's fine. :)

no way it is just a "bit" more work, it's alot more work lol and very tricky and tedious scriptwise lol  :P
esp renaming all of the anims and then making all the bridge's script changes to work off of the newly named anims as well as lot of other changes in the bridge's scripts everywhere, and still a little bit more than that...  it takes quite a while and requires alot of things to be done...

For me, it's just that easy.  :D 

I've been practicing on and off since 2002.

The only thing that needs to done is correlate the bridge scripts, starting them with a simple suffix header ex: SovRefitBridge. So "SovRefit" can be copied and pasted to the scripts. I've done that with 19+ personal bridge mods out of the 80+ sets, I have in my install.

I'm sure Lurok can attest to this, since I basically rebuilt the Olympic, Prometheus/Nebula and DS9 OPS bridge scripts, from their original structure.

Just some private retextures/standalone sets...

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2018, 05:10:36 PM »
Hope these work.  If any issues, let me know...

https://www.sendspace.com/file/7vwa7u

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2018, 05:32:24 PM »
 :D
Hope these work.  If any issues, let me know...

https://www.sendspace.com/file/7vwa7u

Thanks Lurok, Downloading! :D

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2018, 06:06:47 PM »
Might need some script fiddling, but hopefully we can sort out  :thumbsup: :D

EDIT:  The remaining ones I'll try and package are:  Voyager bridge, Venture TMP & TNG, Reman Scimitar and the EscapePod.  Plus the Galor retextures (but that's easy).   I also need to do the ReadMe for all the bridges.

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2018, 05:24:57 PM »

No Readmes included, Lurok . :angel2:

Also, fair warning to the "uninitiated" when downloading the sets above.

If your using the JJEnterprise Bridge. Their is a mutator file in the Autoload folder; that is meant for a (not released) SPCrewMod. If you don't have the JJ Uniforms in the SPCrew folder, or did not download the BCSP mod, you might get kicked back to desktop. Because, the mod is probably not in your install.

I also noticed a conflict with my Generations Mod, that wasn't their before. The Olympic and the JJ Enterprise sets will default back to the SPCrew mod.

I think I've found the problem, easy fix. :D :thumbsup:

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2018, 05:51:59 PM »
 :thumbsup:

Thanks for all your hard work.  I'll get on the readme files next few days.

Re: SPModCrews - I've been including those just in case. But if you can fix before release, all the better.

I'm currently going through final bridges - Reman Scimitar (which does need the SPModCrew Remans!),  Venture TMP/TNG,  Saratoga DS9, EscapePod and Galor retexture (no scripting issues as just LCAR/texture changes).  Hope get done by end of week.

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2018, 08:25:51 PM »
:thumbsup:

Thanks for all your hard work.  I'll get on the readme files next few days.

Re: SPModCrews - I've been including those just in case. But if you can fix before release, all the better.

I'm currently going through final bridges - Reman Scimitar (which does need the SPModCrew Remans!),  Venture TMP/TNG,  Saratoga DS9, EscapePod and Galor retexture (no scripting issues as just LCAR/texture changes).  Hope get done by end of week.

It has been a pleasure! :D :thumbsup:

I have three days off, so I can have a really good look at the sets you posted here. You may want to include the Remans with the Scimitar set, just in case someone did not get the BCSP beta download.

Oh, I almost forgot, this a texture request Jimmy made a few years back; for the Akira & Geronimo sets. The bridge railing to have a more metallic sheen. I just realized, I've never showed anyone the updated textures (both in gold and chrome).

* Akira Bridge (Chrome):

* Geronimo Bridge (Gold):

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2018, 01:51:40 PM »
Download link for VoyagerBridge Readme

https://www.sendspace.com/delete/ge00pr/878dd54b57a285d07c593e51ee62b0c9

BR - I'll send you the uniform mutator for JJ bridge crew.  But the character scripts could be also be tweaked to use TOS uniform mods with original bridge models. 

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2018, 08:44:28 PM »
Download link for VoyagerBridge Readme

https://www.sendspace.com/delete/ge00pr/878dd54b57a285d07c593e51ee62b0c9

BR - I'll send you the uniform mutator for JJ bridge crew.  But the character scripts could be also be tweaked to use TOS uniform mods with original bridge models. 

Sounds like a good ideal Lurok :thumbsup: