Author Topic: TREK XI - Images, Footage, Trailers, Enterprise, Discussion, etc. Thread (WARNING: SPOILERS)  (Read 100627 times)

Offline lint

• Cookies: 211
dint kirk serve has an ensign on the uss defiant before he was assigned to the enterprise :S i remember hearing it on the original series

He served on 2 ships before setting foot on the Enterprise,
The USS Republic and The USS Farragut

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
And I'm content with considering the new movie to be in a parallel timeline to our own. Some things are similar, others not so similar. The new movie, as well as any who come after it, all can exist within their own timeline, without negating the one we have come to know over the past 40 years.

As such, perhaps in this parallel timeline, Kirk's first assignment was the Enterprise. We have no idea what the destruction of the USS Kelvin, did to the timeline that followed. Guess we'll find out in about 3 months.
Official BCC Discord · https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
They made up the excuse that it's an alternate timeline or some rubbish to justify calling Nimoy out from his luxurious home to sit in a tiny, cramped set they claim to be a timeship or whatever. I dunno. I'm only going to see it so I can laugh and wave goodbye to trek. :arms:

Umm, Prime, Nimoy was RETIRED.  They didn't force him to do this, like you make it sound.  Nimoy read the script and thought it was good enough to come out of retirement to do this.  Recall, they tried the same thing with Sean Connery for Indy 4, and look how that turned out.  If Nimoy's on board, I think that there's some merit to this movie. :arms:

Billz, take your pick:
http://downloads.paramount.com/mp/startrek/Trlr2_internet_480p.mov
http://downloads.paramount.com/mp/startrek/Trlr2_internet_720p.mov
http://downloads.paramount.com/mp/startrek/Trlr2_internet_1080p.mov

I'm a nice guy.  8)

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Villain

• The artist formerly known as Prime
How does that saying go?

"Money talks..." or something?

Either way, if you're reading into my overly lengthy and detailed review from above (Which I think you are) You need to take a step back from the mic to breathe and reread it. Alternate timelines may be good for an episode, but to base another movie on time travel/alternate reality is kinda pushing it. Like I said, I'm going, but only because I get gold class tickets cheap and can have a beer while I do so.

Maybe the previews will be awesome. :arms:

"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline WileyCoyote

• The Other Ship Builder
  • Cookies: 1219
  • Awesome-sauce factory owner
There is a Star Trek exclusive on Esurance along with a contest.  During the interviews, we get to see parts of the new bridge, and there is also an Esurance flash game based from the movie.  They are really wanting to push the movie.  Check it out.

http://www.esurance.com/startrek
Please visit my Deviantart page at www.trekmodeler.deviantart.com.

My website is up! Download my ships here: http://www.michaelwileyart.com

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
New panorama images are up on the official site, showing off some of the interior corridors:

http://startrekmovie.com/
Official BCC Discord · https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Shadowknight1

Very pretty.  The curvy corridors look less likely to injure crewmen who get knocked over when the ship gets hit.

FYI, the Esurance game has a lot of stuff from the movie, so if you want to avoid spoilers, avoid it like the plague. :P

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
Art Asylum make the best shippies, even if the colour schemes are...odd.

And I just thought of something:

We all know that Majel is being the computer voice right? But will it be the HIGH PITCHED ROBOTIC voice like in TOS or the more relaxed "have a drink" voice in ST:TNG and ST:VOY?
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Villain

With how the tech looks I'd say it's safe to assume it's the comfortable one.

---
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
aarrrgh my apologies, i meant only to split the somewhat-offtopic posts, but it looks like i lost the post from Shadowknight1 and the new logo (and posts thereafter)...

can it please be posted again?  that was relevant and ontopic, but it was my error those posts were lost...

Offline Shadowknight1

Tis okay Jimmy, it happens.

And my thoughts on the new logo were that if they had gone with the same sleek chrome look as the previous ones and not worn down the metallic look, it would be better.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
ya i gotta agree...  im not too thrilled with this new logo...

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
Its basically the Transformers logo, using the Star Trek name and TOS Font.

How its the same as the Transformers movie logo:
-Both logos are on a black background.
-Both logos are in a 3D effect.
-Both logos have a fatigue metallic texture.

1st rule of a movie promotion. Use some originallity.

ST XI has failed at that rule with this logo.

I'll tell you this though. I'm glad that this movie isn't being directed by Braga, Berman  or even Spielberg. If it were, then the franchise would be in real trouble, lol.
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline Villain

Quote from: Billz
1st rule of a movie promotion. Use some originallity.

Lolwut?

---

Offline Aeries

• Cookies: 226
I hate it. KILL IT WITH FIRE!

Offline Dalek

Well, you've got the sig Aeries :D.

But ewwwwww. I preffered it without the fatigue and rust. And the words above each other to.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Shadowknight1

Well guys, console yourselves with the knowledge that it won't likely be used in the film.  Look at ST:Nemesis, the logo on the case and all the merchandise, trailers, etc. didn't match what they used in the opening credits.  Most of the other movies share this trait.  No worries guys. :)

EDIT: Tobias Richter has completed his model of the new USS Enterprise NCC-1701.  While some areas are obvious conjecture, ie. the impulse engine, aft area of the ventral secondary hull, and the trailing end of the nacelles, if this is as accurate to the movie as it looks, I have no further problems with her.  Find the story and loverly desktop images here: http://trekmovie.com/2009/02/23/first-look-at-tobias-richters-uss-enterprise-wallpapers/

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Shadowknight1

Sorry Jimmy.  Getting back to the movie, a new trailer is to premiere with the Watchmen on this coming Friday, although anyone fortunate to go to the Star Trek panel at Wondercon 09 has already seen it.  From the descriptions online, it sounds far more awesome than the last trailers and has a bit more of the Big E.  Again though, it remains to be seen if this movie has the balance between action and calm that the other movies do.

Also, pic of a ST09 trading card showing the Enterprise at warp...pretty cool looking warp effect if you ask me.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Dalek

I'm guessing thats what warp should like. Not just some little lights called stars practically hitting the ship.

- Lorien

Offline FarShot

• That guy with good ideas...
  • Cookies: 787
  • I'm actually making stuff! :D
Don't forget this is entering warp.  In TNG, we see the EntD entering warp from the inside of ten forward.  I can't remember the episode, but when it enters, it goes through a big white blur, similar to that image.  Then you see the famous streaming stars.