Author Topic: Star Trek Online thread  (Read 167627 times)

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
Re: Star Trek Online thread
« Reply #920 on: December 14, 2009, 03:59:20 PM »
That answer would work....if it wasn't for the fact that that was the first and last time we ever saw it. I'm fairly certain it was made for that episode. What, we didn't have enough admiral uniforms lying around for the five or so seasons of TNG earlier?

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #921 on: December 14, 2009, 05:26:26 PM »
Will there be any pre-order exclusives for european customers?

Is there an answer to this?
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline Voyager16

• Modding is improving.
  • Cookies: 9
  • KM - Mod Team Member
« Reply #922 on: December 14, 2009, 05:45:41 PM »

Wanted to ask the same question.

edit: looked around on the STO forums, & I'm reading stuff like you cant pre-order outside the US.
(except UK)

Offline Barihawk

• Ninth Fleet STO Commanding Officer
  • Cookies: 225
  • BC: The Aftermath Member
    • My Released Work

Offline BES

• Cookies: 5
« Reply #925 on: December 15, 2009, 02:44:24 AM »

Wanted to ask the same question.

edit: looked around on the STO forums, & I'm reading stuff like you cant pre-order outside the US.
(except UK)

Well I found this page ... maybe keep checking it for a while to see if they add more: http://www.startrekonline.com/retail

LOTS of pre-order games on the French websites but none for ST Online :-(

Offline Villain

• Cookies: 71
  • The artist formerly known as Prime
« Reply #926 on: December 15, 2009, 05:21:46 AM »
Well i know that the Tutorial explains how you, an ensign, take command of a starship during the return of the Borg (that is leaked info from a ton of online sources) I will have the option to wear TOS uniforms if i pre order from D2D (which i did ). I know what your saying Thunder but when a Captain is offficially commisioned as the CO of a starship he changes his shirt (such as Worf as xo in alternate quantum realities in "parrelels", or Data in "future imperfect").
If what your saying is true (when a Captain is officially commissioned as the CO of a starship he changes his shirt)...

Why did the Admiral at Starfleet Intelligence have a gold uniform, and not a customary red uniform which is common for the Admiralty?

AGT. Crusher had a blue uniform. It doesn't matter, because it's fiction, they're allowed to slip up, or cut corners. Really, if you wanted a character with science stuff and you weren't able to customize your shirt colour, would you really want that red trim? Clearly they can't limit small things like that because Trek fans would go apeshit about it being uncanon. Look what happened with XI.

Really don't know what to think of this game. Personally I'm not averse to pre-order bonuses, infact, I love them, but not when you have to choose certain things out of a wide variety of options. To get all of this stuff, you'd have to buy the game what, three times over? Or find a code being sold on eBay. Sure, some of the game looks interesting. I don't expect it to be anything new in MMO's, but I really don't know.

I'm not entirely sure how the ships are flown, either. I would assume keyboard controls like most games, but there is EVE, which is popular, but uses the god-awful mouse movement.

Guess I'll be watching from afar until they release some deeper information about how it plays, and if Cryptic overcame their obsession with endgame being completely empty.

"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline BES

« Reply #927 on: December 15, 2009, 10:55:08 AM »
Well im looking at it this way... free open beta, free 30days of game play plus all the extra stuff from pre-ordering... if I dont like it by the time the open BETA is over I wont pay for the service...

From all the info I saw in the webcast hosted by Leonard Nimoy ...I really wanna give this game a chance...cheaters will totally ruin the experience so I hope they are on top of that issue..

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Voyager16

• Modding is improving.
  • Cookies: 9
  • KM - Mod Team Member
« Reply #929 on: December 15, 2009, 12:31:54 PM »
I'm not entirely sure how the ships are flown, either. I would assume keyboard controls like most games, but there is EVE, which is popular, but uses the god-awful mouse movement.

I agree, I hate that in EVE.
But you control your ship with the WSAD keys.

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #930 on: December 15, 2009, 05:41:46 PM »
Ooh, nice. K-7 is doing well for itself then. :P

Don't forget thou, that the game includes several "time travel" episodes (quests/missions), so it's entirely possible that K-7 only exists in the past (TOS-era).
Official BCC Discord · https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Barihawk

• My Released Work
« Reply #931 on: December 15, 2009, 07:21:58 PM »
http://img.trekmovie.com/images/sto/sto_120909_21.jpg

DJ Curtis has fans. A little more appealing nacelles and some minor tweaking to the hull and it would look fairly reminiscent of his designs. Perhaps an employee at Cryptic is a fan and modified their Intrepid or Nova to resemble the Century?

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #932 on: December 16, 2009, 06:26:17 AM »
http://img.trekmovie.com/images/sto/sto_120909_21.jpg

DJ Curtis has fans. A little more appealing nacelles and some minor tweaking to the hull and it would look fairly reminiscent of his designs. Perhaps an employee at Cryptic is a fan and modified their Intrepid or Nova to resemble the Century?

I'm sorry, but in what twisted reality does that even look a little like DJ's beautiful ships?

Its just another ugly STO design.
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline Barihawk

• My Released Work
« Reply #933 on: December 16, 2009, 07:19:02 AM »
I think the sillouette reminds me very much of a DJ ship. I never said it was a spot on match.

Offline Dalek

« Reply #934 on: December 16, 2009, 12:35:05 PM »
I think the sillouette reminds me very much of a DJ ship. I never said it was a spot on match.

It reminds me of his Juno class.

It also makes a change from the STO ships we've seen. A lot of them (at least to me anyway) have looked rather clunky while this is the first shiny streamlined ship I've seen.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #935 on: December 16, 2009, 12:42:23 PM »
Sorry, but that's a huge stretch. That looks more like a ship CA (Neb and GDLuque's old modding team) would have built, but that's based solely on the nacelle design, and even that's a stretch.

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #936 on: December 16, 2009, 12:48:24 PM »
http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/14270158/star-trek-online/videos/startrekonline_trl_btsquinto_121509.html

New video from Zachary Quinto's recording session for STO. He plays the EMH Mark VI. I guess old Doc Zimmerman went back to designing a newer and more improved EMH after having abandoned the project after the Mark IV.

One new piece of information mentioned in the video is the existence of "Admiral Crusher" at Starfleet Medical.
Official BCC Discord · https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Dalek

« Reply #937 on: December 16, 2009, 12:48:24 PM »
Sorry, but that's a huge stretch. That looks more like a ship CA (Neb and GDLuque's old modding team) would have built, but that's based solely on the nacelle design, and even that's a stretch.

The general shape is the same though. I was thinking about what Barihawk was saying, "silhouettes".

- Lorien

Offline Daystar70

• Cookies: 10
« Reply #938 on: December 16, 2009, 08:48:16 PM »
OKay this article ie HUGE. a writer at MMorpg.com details his experience in Beta and how good the game is so far.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/352/feature/3835/page/2

Offline BES

« Reply #939 on: December 17, 2009, 12:00:31 AM »
OKay this article ie HUGE. a writer at MMorpg.com details his experience in Beta and how good the game is so far.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/352/feature/3835/page/2

Thanks for the link...now I want to play it even more..lol... Jon Wood gave it a high score :-)