Author Topic: FTECH-Timed Torpedoes  (Read 733 times)

Picard_1

FTECH-Timed Torpedoes
« on: May 20, 2008, 02:49:57 AM »
After getting the timed torpedoes to work I noticed something peculiar. The torpedoes generally tend to steer toward the ships shields instead of the hull. They don't hit the target at all when the shields are low or gone altogether. They also have this tendency to miss when the target is a freighter or smaller ship.

I set the spread density to 6.5 thinking it might help, but all that does is decrease the distance between the warheads when they split. It does improve the targeting of the warheads. Is there anything I can adjust to improve their guidance?

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: FTECH-Timed Torpedoes
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 01:55:51 PM »
Try either increasing or decreasing the time, meaning in the former case that it has more time to home in, or in the latter case less time to move over.

What is basicly happening is that a torpedo gets the trajectory + speed of the parent torpedo, but with a boost in a direction, away from the original trajectory (otherwise they would all follow the same path, now wouldn't they? Nevermind the cool effect ;)).

This tech really likes it's guidance for projectiles. ;)
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.