Author Topic: shut off borg ?  (Read 1363 times)

Offline Psyco Diver

• Cookies: 3
shut off borg ?
« on: July 23, 2009, 02:15:42 PM »
I'm having a issue with the super mod, everytime I try to load the borg every time they speak the game crashes, they just get to "we are the borg...." and crashes every time right there, doesn't matter what ship I use or they use. Is there a way I can shut that off, it didn't happen in the kobamaru mod, but then again they didn't speak in that mod either

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
Re: shut off borg ?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 02:18:28 PM »
eh they did speak in KM 1.0....

how did ya install the super mod?? Did you install it on a clean BC 1.1 install??
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline majormagna

• English Idiot
  • Cookies: 5
  • Bail Out!
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 02:22:12 PM »
Yeah, I have 2 personal rules...

1: Never install a total game-mod over another.
2: Never add to BC: Supermod.

If you actually mean Kobayashi Maru 1.0, then if I'm right, the AI script needs replacing.
Did you know I'm on Twitter?

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 03:32:52 PM »
you could be missing a projectile, although you shouldn't be if you installed supermod 3 properly

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2009, 03:55:56 PM »
you could be missing a projectile, although you shouldn't be if you installed supermod 3 properly

BC only crashes like that if you try firing the projectile, it doesn't kill your game straight at the beginning.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2009, 05:23:21 PM »
And not to mention we now have a mod that can prevent that! (DiamondBC_Projectiles)

About the issue, please try and look through the past few pages, I believe this issue has appeared before.

And please tell us how you installed the major mods.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Psyco Diver

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2009, 05:33:22 PM »
I installed it the way it told me to install it, it has a auto install, instead of copying files over normally, I did do the super clean mod too. I've had it for a little while and I have added other ships, mainly some pre TOS ships and TOS ships. Could be a projectile, since I do hear some phaser fire before before it crashes. I don't remember maru doing it

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2009, 07:37:13 PM »
try installing Mleos Diamond BC projectiles script.  if it is a missing torpedo, that will fix it.

Offline Psyco Diver

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2009, 10:14:08 PM »
I can't find it, I remember seeing it not to long ago, but I don't remember seeing it

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline Psyco Diver

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2009, 12:48:26 AM »
Still happening, maybe try dling a the borg pack and see how that turns out? It only happens with borg ships

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2009, 08:10:40 AM »
Does your computer meet the minimum requirements for BC Supermod v3?

Offline Dalek

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2009, 08:21:35 AM »
It's the AI thats the problem isn't it? CR's Tactical Cube uses a faulty Borg AI that affects all the other Borg ships and causees that exact problem. I've had it before and solved it by overwriting that AI with the one from KM 1.0.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2009, 08:24:06 AM »
CR's AI work fine in a vanilla Supermod install. ;) (Which should be the only kind.)

Offline Dalek

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2009, 08:26:18 AM »
Could still be though. Psyco did say he has installed other ships (yes, mainly TOS ships but they keyword there is "mainly") so its possible something happened there.

- Lorien

Offline Psyco Diver

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2009, 01:25:01 PM »
Will new "ie different" borg ships fix it? or should I reinstall KM and reinstall the ships I want?

Offline Dalek

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2009, 01:31:57 PM »
Download the attached file and put it in your "<wherever you installed BC>\Bridge Commander\Scripts\AI\Compound" folder.

- Lorien

Offline Psyco Diver

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2009, 12:17:30 AM »
Download the attached file and put it in your "<wherever you installed BC>\Bridge Commander\Scripts\AI\Compound" folder.

Worked perfectly, thanks

Offline CyAn1d3

• MacDill Shipyards Design Team
  • Cookies: 420
  • RETIRED
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2009, 01:23:04 PM »
would that help for my newly found problem as well?
i just put JTKs First Contact cube in, it loads, shoots phasers, but than (im guessing) it tried firing a projectile and crashed everything. would that mean im missing a projectile file here? it does the same thing with the Tac. Fusion Cube too.

do i need to provide a console dump? and if so, how do i go about getting one?
I came, i saw, i added a Sig.
Later gents, i have Youtube to take over.
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline Dalek

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2009, 01:28:15 PM »
Try that out.

- Lorien