Author Topic: hobbs' ships  (Read 8416 times)

Offline CyAn1d3

• MacDill Shipyards Design Team
  • Cookies: 420
  • RETIRED
Re: hobbs' ships
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2009, 11:32:34 PM »
am I the only one who could possibly do a full plan view, etc?  i'm a draftsman by trade.

nope, i do the same as well, tho im no draftsman, just good with paper and pencil lol :)
I came, i saw, i added a Sig.
Later gents, i have Youtube to take over.
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2009, 11:03:07 AM »
nope, i do the same as well, tho im no draftsman, just good with paper and pencil lol :)

yeah, but do you have a degree in it?  i specifically went to tech school for it, only to find out you must have either a BA or MA (I don't know which)...and then, I think, that's for Archetechtural draftsmen :mad !!  I was trained as a mechanical draftsman, and I don't think there's much call nowadays for guys that draw gears, screws, bolts, and casings outside of the automotive industry.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline CyAn1d3

• RETIRED
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2009, 02:57:45 PM »

yeah, but do you have a degree in it?  i specifically went to tech school for it, only to find out you must have either a BA or MA (I don't know which)...and then, I think, that's for Archetechtural draftsmen :mad !!  I was trained as a mechanical draftsman, and I don't think there's much call nowadays for guys that draw gears, screws, bolts, and casings outside of the automotive industry.

no degree, however i spent 2 years in ITT Tech learning 3d design, drafting, modeling, etc. it was all mostly game related, but all that sharpened a hobby, those 24 credits i got are goin for the army :)
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline hobbs

• Cookies: 77
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2009, 09:47:56 AM »
here is my oblivion class nif file if any one would like to see it... no textures yet.
this is mainly for worf359alfa, this is (so far) the best model ive made. i used Gmax.
what do you  and the rest of you guys think.
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers..." Michael Ansara, "Elric" Babylon 5 "The Geometry of Shadows,"

Offline hobbs

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2009, 02:20:37 PM »
here is my scorpion class
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers..." Michael Ansara, "Elric" Babylon 5 "The Geometry of Shadows,"

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2009, 05:57:03 PM »
Hobbs: don't be suprised to see My credits on the Oblivion, somewhere.  Worf359 and I have teamed up.
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline hobbs

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2009, 09:33:51 PM »
awesome didn't even know she was being don lol

but that's great... i constantly working on her myself sketch wise. smae design just tweaked :)

cant wait to get a glimpse. any help i can provide please dont hesitate to ask:)

Offline Worf359Alpha

• Master HardPointer, Novice Scripter!
  • Cookies: 14
  • Peace Thru Superior Firepower
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2009, 10:01:59 PM »
Lookin good hobbs, i like it, i like it very much! Both are nice, i especially like the scorpion!!
500+ HardPointed Ships and counting! Man where do i find the time!

Offline hobbs

« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2009, 09:30:09 AM »
LOL LOL i did a size comparison of my Griffin Class Uss Dragon (built by bankruptstudios), the Defiant Class and the Nova Class. not much difference ins size but thats not why im posting lol i placed the ships one on top of the other and got the following "kitbash" lol made me laugh at the fact it looked good  :funny

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2009, 09:33:34 AM »
WHOA!  :eek

does anybody else wanna see someone actually MAKE this?

OS novel fan

best line I've ever read

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2009, 09:48:08 AM »
get rid of the nova nacelles and the front view looks like an actual ship.
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline CyAn1d3

• RETIRED
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2009, 01:19:26 PM »
get rid of the nova nacelles and the front view looks like an actual ship.

i second that notion, it would look ALOT better without them :)
see? screw ups can make for good ideas!
(fyi when i redid the arsenal the original mesh ACTUALLY started out as the vanity class. ;) )
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline hobbs

« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2009, 05:06:43 PM »
here is a new ship...
SEASON CLASS
USS SEASON
(the saucer would be circular in shape i think)

this ship is an explorer ship. using dorsal/ventral nacelles which after using new warp field calculations has created a far ranging ship. the ship can cruise at warp speeds far longer than other starfleet vessels though its maximum warp is lower.
another feature is the over saucer secondary hull.
and the return to a horizontal warp core. which would be eject via a hatch at the aft of  the ship between the nacelles.

tell me what you think guys, it was a quick sketch so be kind i haven't finalised it yet.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2009, 05:10:31 PM »
are any of these ships going to be modeled, textured, and everything so as to be used in BC?
or are they just sketches and the like?

Offline hobbs

« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2009, 07:15:43 PM »
are any of these ships going to be modeled, textured, and everything so as to be used in BC?
or are they just sketches and the like?
unfortunately i have very limited modeling skills, i just come up with ideas.
one problem i have is lack of software. i use gmax which works but i dont know how to get textures onto the model.

but in answer to your question, yes some will be. i provide the plans and ideas and hopefully you modellers out there will like them and model them. (i am still hoping to do this myself one day)

the corinium is being modelled as we speak, i have one of my ships the griffin class done... not quite ready for release yet and i think the oblivion class is being done too.

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2009, 07:22:58 PM »
I believe Jimmy was hinting at the possibility that this thread may be more suited for Graphic Art, since they are as you say, just ideas at current, and not actual ship WIPs (yet).
Official BCC Discord ยท https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline hobbs

« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2009, 07:52:16 PM »
ok if this thread is in the wrong place could you move it. sorry but i thought general bc stuff would be for this. :roll

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2009, 09:29:58 PM »
i just wasnt sure if it would be better in Modding or Graphic Arts...
for now, what ill do is move it to Graphic Arts, and when/if the models start being constructed for BC, the threads can be made in BC Modding :)

Offline hobbs

« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2009, 02:14:16 PM »
i just wasnt sure if it would be better in Modding or Graphic Arts...
for now, what ill do is move it to Graphic Arts, and when/if the models start being constructed for BC, the threads can be made in BC Modding :)
thank you matey:)

Offline hobbs

« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2009, 10:02:23 PM »
heres another one i did around the same time as the corinium....

that ship was a sovie/constellation

these are:
sovie/oberth (soverign/oberth)
sab/erth (sabre/oberth)