Author Topic: Post TNG Mods (MOS) Previously STO Era Ships  (Read 51866 times)

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
Re: STO era ships
« Reply #380 on: February 16, 2010, 03:42:40 PM »
Lol I just got rid of it minutes ago... while looking at it I was about to shout Khaaaaaaaaaan :funny

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #381 on: February 16, 2010, 03:45:04 PM »
that, and save the thick red lines for when you are drawing stoners eyes lol j/k :P

Offline deadthunder2_0

• Cookies: 39
  • Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel
    • Modders of Steel Home page
« Reply #382 on: February 16, 2010, 11:04:24 PM »
ok, well, i hate to bring bad news, but the constellation is COMPLETE, and i will begin work on the Mirandas next, they will be weaker than the others, but not to weak, very strong sensors, and good engines. they will have photon torpedos, and light phasers  :D
Support the Post TNG Ship Pack

Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel,
We are the Modders that take everything to the next level, We are the Modders of Steel

Offline RifleMan80

• BC Veteran since February, 2002
  • Cookies: 136
  • BC Machinima Bridge Commander Elder (Feb 02)
    • Rifle's Bridge Commander Machinima
« Reply #383 on: February 17, 2010, 12:35:19 AM »
Aye the Sobieski is deep space explorer with prototype impulse drive ... ok that's cheap ... I just love that sky blue :P, Cortez is small beastie with sharp teeth and lots of tiny red addons like side bussards, impulse drive (impulse engine grille and dome). Basicly I want to make ship that have two natures, calm explorer with some decent means to defend itself and warship with really heavy armor and lots of weapons (and a weak spot)

It amazes me how much you can do to the Constitution design.

A True Riker's Beard!

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #384 on: February 17, 2010, 05:02:42 AM »
ok so here's progress report, last changes to the textures on Cortez, I'm not going to add more armor to it simply because it's not a flying fortress, so the armor covers only vital areas of the ship or areas which were lightly armored, I think it looks cool.
I've dumped all those black bits cuz I didn't like the contrast between light grey and black so heavy armor is now grey, nano-suit-like honeycomb pattern.

Now that both ships are almost complete texturing wise, I'll add speculars and redo hardpoints for Cortez.

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #385 on: February 17, 2010, 06:05:05 AM »
Very nice work bones, as always.

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #386 on: February 17, 2010, 06:59:25 AM »
Thank's mate, I wanted to make the armor as subtle as possible yet visible with bare eye so it would actually look heavier this way, I hope weapons won't be overkill ingame, I'm now finishing hardpoints (just pulse phasers left)

UPDATE : both Cortez and Sobieski are ingame, working smoothly, I've just overpowered impulse engines on these, also I have to work on phaser arcs (there are no forward firing phasers ATM lol)

for now here's whole Post-Dominion war family so far done

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #387 on: February 17, 2010, 02:14:17 PM »
Speculars done, hardpoints almost there, ATM it can stand a fight with a romulan warbird but it takes damage.

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #388 on: February 17, 2010, 02:21:00 PM »
Sweet niblets they're looking good! Have you anymore PDW plans? :D
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #389 on: February 17, 2010, 02:40:12 PM »
In the matter of fact I do :) it's time to dig up some dead projects... minotaur (Centaur successor -variant of Krakow class)

Offline Dalek

« Reply #390 on: February 17, 2010, 02:41:56 PM »
Oh yeah, I remember her. First thing I'd have to say from seeing that is angle the handlebar connecting the nacelles further back. :P
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #391 on: February 17, 2010, 03:54:26 PM »
Aye, I've dumped all small pylons, TMP torpedo bay and that box between torpedo pod and saucer, instead I've used some cool thick, stylish pylons and Akira class torpedo bay between nacelle pylons, so now the torpedo tube count is somewhere around 16-18 with weapons pod (torpedo boat) and 10-12 without the upper pod (light cruiser variant)

I love it now, previous version was kinda plain...

Offline Dalek

« Reply #392 on: February 17, 2010, 03:57:23 PM »
I'm not sure about the overall size of the nacelles or the handlebar pylon thingy. Bigger/thicker perhaps?

- Lorien

Offline Vladko1

• Cookies: 72
  • The trekkie of steel
    • Modders of Steel Shipyards Homepage!
« Reply #393 on: February 17, 2010, 04:06:56 PM »
Sh*t man!!! Bones, your ships are the best. One big cookie. If werent you, Modders of steel would be more than a sh*tty team! You are the best here and everywhere :)

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #394 on: February 17, 2010, 04:30:49 PM »
Lol Vlado, thanks but I'm no match for guys like Wiley, DJ, Baz or Raven ;)

So, handle bar for upper pod can be corrected easily, but I'm not sure if I want nacelles get any bigger than now ;) personaly I don't think this design have any problems with too thin parts, just look at Norexan :D TOS Constitution being the best example...

Offline Dalek

« Reply #395 on: February 17, 2010, 04:34:30 PM »
It might just be me cos there are lack of textures on the whole model, its so bright and glarey lol.

- Lorien

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #396 on: February 17, 2010, 04:37:47 PM »
Not sure if you noticed it, but there appears to be some smoothing issues on the ventral saucer on the Sobieski/Cortez. Kinda ruins the whole feel for the ship, since it otherwise looks really cool.
Official BCC Discord ยท https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Dalek

« Reply #397 on: February 17, 2010, 04:40:54 PM »
He knows. He's already got someone sorting that out for him. :)

- Lorien

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #398 on: February 17, 2010, 04:51:33 PM »
Not sure if you noticed it, but there appears to be some smoothing issues on the ventral saucer on the Sobieski/Cortez. Kinda ruins the whole feel for the ship, since it otherwise looks really cool.
Don't worry, Limey is taking care of these, both Cortez and Sobieski will be smooth and clean again ;)

Ok, so I've looked carefully and now I agree with you Dalek, I've scaled pylons and handlebar to look much more solid, also most of the textures are now restored but I'm not too fond of their design, I'll cross these and Sobieski's styles and see how it will turn out.

Offline Dalek

« Reply #399 on: February 17, 2010, 05:07:02 PM »
I'd move the nacelles further back and sweep the pylon (the one the nacelles are connected to) back a little so it looks a bit like a boomerang.

- Lorien