Author Topic: Post TNG Mods (MOS) Previously STO Era Ships  (Read 51829 times)

Offline Maverick

• Cookies: 1
Re: Post TNG Mods (MOS) Previously STO Era Ships
« Reply #981 on: February 07, 2014, 04:31:43 AM »
Qprisbrey

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #982 on: February 07, 2014, 05:58:59 AM »
I have all these ships and the post dom war excel bridge and I have to say I love these designs some of the best I have seen to date and enjoy.

:thumbsup:

Bones needs to get back into action some time  :P

Offline nxadam1701

• Cookies: 20
« Reply #984 on: February 07, 2014, 11:00:28 AM »
I do like the carriers in STO, has anyone done one yet?

Adam

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #985 on: February 07, 2014, 05:01:08 PM »
Thanks guys :) I have to say WickedZombie did outstanding job creating these models, after all these years they still look fresh :)
Wonderful designs. Love the textures.

I'm glad you like them :)

Bones needs to get back into action some time  :P

indeed :) I didn't see a point in geting back as I have lost literally EVERYTHING related to BC modding when my laptop was stolen, but I can see some opportunities to come back ;)

Offline deadthunder2_0

• Cookies: 39
  • Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel
    • Modders of Steel Home page
« Reply #986 on: February 09, 2014, 11:17:03 PM »
Ok... Well my new copy of BC hasn't come in yet... But here is what I've been thinking... It's sort of in between the Ambassador and the Galaxy. It is like the Sovereign of the Lost Era, more advanced and powerful than the Ambassador, but more war oriented (Federation-Cardassinan War). It is the Leyte Gulf Class Heavy Command Cruiser (Because Starfleet hates to call ships Battleships).

Thanks guys :) I have to say WickedZombie did outstanding job creating these models, after all these years they still look fresh :)
I'm glad you like them :)

indeed :) I didn't see a point in geting back as I have lost literally EVERYTHING related to BC modding when my laptop was stolen, but I can see some opportunities to come back ;)

Hey Bones, I could always use some help!!!
Support the Post TNG Ship Pack

Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel,
We are the Modders that take everything to the next level, We are the Modders of Steel

Offline Maverick

« Reply #987 on: February 10, 2014, 12:35:55 AM »

Bones needs to get back into action some time  :P

Indeed it would be great sucks that his laptop was stolen , but shite happens  :( can't be helped....
Qprisbrey

Offline Maverick

« Reply #988 on: February 10, 2014, 12:37:13 AM »
Ok... Well my new copy of BC hasn't come in yet... But here is what I've been thinking... It's sort of in between the Ambassador and the Galaxy. It is like the Sovereign of the Lost Era, more advanced and powerful than the Ambassador, but more war oriented (Federation-Cardassinan War). It is the Leyte Gulf Class Heavy Command Cruiser (Because Starfleet hates to call ships Battleships).

Hey Bones, I could always use some help!!!

Would love to see some more visuals of this design keep up the good work m8  :P
Qprisbrey

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #989 on: February 10, 2014, 05:12:11 AM »
Awesome ! :) I still suck at modeling :P tho I might consider rebuilding the Citadel from Mass Effect ;) but If you get the model done, I'm eager to texture it, already have some ideas for it ;)

Offline deadthunder2_0

« Reply #990 on: February 12, 2014, 12:54:08 AM »
Awesome ! :) I still suck at modeling :P tho I might consider rebuilding the Citadel from Mass Effect ;) but If you get the model done, I'm eager to texture it, already have some ideas for it ;)
Yea... Modeling... That's the issue... I also still suck. Plus I don't have a true modeling program (Gmax doesn't count...). I wish I could get my hands on the Student Edition of MAX... I need to talk to someone in the art dpt...

But yea Bones, that sounds great. Until I get a copy of BC, I will continue some R&D work and post progress here every-so often.

We are the Modders that take everything to the next level, We are the Modders of Steel

Offline Vortex

• Modder in Learning
  • Cookies: 28
« Reply #991 on: February 12, 2014, 09:57:43 AM »
Give Blender a try. It's a bit of a learning, but once you get there, it's great. Some people are putting out fantastic stuff from it and there's lots of great tutorials now.

Also; nice looking ship there.

Offline deadthunder2_0

« Reply #992 on: February 13, 2014, 12:27:09 AM »
Give Blender a try. It's a bit of a learning, but once you get there, it's great. Some people are putting out fantastic stuff from it and there's lots of great tutorials now.

Also; nice looking ship there.

So I took your advice...Within an hour I was getting some progress done...

Offline Maverick

« Reply #993 on: February 13, 2014, 12:35:05 AM »
So I took your advice...Within an hour I was getting some progress done...
https://scontent-a-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/t1/1797394_586148024804594_981779322_n.jpg

WoW deadthunder2_0 that'd be some great work cookie for you!
Qprisbrey

Offline Vortex

• Modder in Learning
« Reply #994 on: February 13, 2014, 12:46:15 AM »
Damn it, you're ahead of me already. :p Nice looking planet there.

Offline deadthunder2_0

« Reply #995 on: February 16, 2014, 04:01:36 PM »
Ok, so I decided to do a bit more R&D. The Leyte Gulf is not off, but it is on the back burner while I figure out how to rearrange the engineering hull (I am having trouble visualizing other perspectives of the current design). On the other hand, I think I have a much easier project to work on that is much different than anything done before, yet much the same...
I would like to introduce the Sovereign Class Prototype. It is based off the concept art by John Eaves and the Master Systems Display from First contact. It is not exactly the same but very close to what I visualize the prototype being. It is built closer with design elements form the Defiant and Akira, with heavy armor and dense phaser strips, making even the smaller "Half" strips under the saucer more powerful than a Galaxy Class phaser bank. It, in keeping with Starfleet Capital ship design, only has 2 torpedo tubes, the Quantum turret and an aft Photon tube. The Deflector is how the Sovereign Deflector was supposed to be, but it was changed for the scene in First Contact. The new Nacelles are based off of the MSD, and the Impulse/Shuttlebay swap is based off of the concept drawings in the Novel adaptation of First Contact.
Development Start- 2365
Development End- 2367
Launch- 2368
Warp Trials- 2369
Clear for Service- 2370
Stationed at Deep Space 9- 2370-2373
Refit to bring to spec with NCC-1701E USS Enterprise- 2373 (New Warp Nacelles, more torpedo tubes, new impulse engines and shuttlebay)
Events of First Contact- 2373 (Sovereign in Refit near Cardassian Border, unable to join the fight).

Offline Vortex

• Modder in Learning
« Reply #996 on: February 16, 2014, 04:08:30 PM »
Picture isn't showing.

Offline deadthunder2_0

« Reply #997 on: February 16, 2014, 04:12:47 PM »
huh, weird, I see it... Lets try this...

Offline Vortex

• Modder in Learning
« Reply #998 on: February 16, 2014, 04:33:30 PM »
Yep, can see that. Nacelles look interesting. The engineering hull looks a little stubby. Looking forward to seeing it in 3D.

Offline deadthunder2_0

« Reply #999 on: February 16, 2014, 05:05:00 PM »
Yep, can see that. Nacelles look interesting. The engineering hull looks a little stubby. Looking forward to seeing it in 3D.

Well, I intend to use CG's Sovereign and make new nacelles, and modifications to the model in a few places.