Author Topic: QUESTION!!!! regarding clothing in max....  (Read 388 times)

Offline CyAn1d3

• MacDill Shipyards Design Team
  • Cookies: 420
  • RETIRED
QUESTION!!!! regarding clothing in max....
« on: April 03, 2010, 11:45:13 AM »
this goes out to all the character wizards out there,

ooooook, so remember that character model i WAS working on at one point? well i scratched it, and started anew. the results were much better than last, anyhoo.. did the model, rigged it using physique ( screw skin, too many headaches and the damnded envelopes dont do what i want so i went the obscure way and got the resulta i friggin wanted )

welllll, i tried attaching the dress and havin it deform under the bodys physique modifier, looked like crap and not what it should, backed up and applied the physique modifier to the dress itself... still looked like crap, so i switched to skin, STILL looked like crap, any of the modifiers i used the body would bleed through the dress, no matter what adjustments i do, (not to mention i have NO friggin clue as to how to adjust individual verticies weights in skins weight table)

so my thoughts were using the reactor cloth modifier.... but i have no clue as to wether thats what i should use to acheive the desired effect, or wether physique or skin is the way to go while having to sacrifice realism.

what im shooting for is the effect like thats in the matrix: path of neo, except without the wierd bugs

same for the hair, its geometric hair, but dosnt react to movement like hair should.......

any idears fellas????

point me to a tutorial, gimme a basic rundown, whatever, im pretty good at figuring out something if im just pointed in the right direction.

I came, i saw, i added a Sig.
Later gents, i have Youtube to take over.
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline Vladko1

• Cookies: 72
  • The trekkie of steel
    • Modders of Steel Shipyards Homepage!
Re: QUESTION!!!! regarding clothing in max....
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 12:09:54 PM »
From the Video Post, which I expleaned to you soo bad, for which I'm sorry, you can make the glow of the specular when reflects light. For the skin of the woman, find a diffuse texture of person's skin. After that, make specular and a tiny normal map. As for the dress, I advice you to make the material only with normal map, including tiny specular. This is mine oppinion, I hope Ive helped you  ;) And, I was about to forgot, about the Video Post, ask Creative Inc, he is the master of the renders ;) He learned me to render from the video post :P

Offline CyAn1d3

• MacDill Shipyards Design Team
  • Cookies: 420
  • RETIRED
Re: QUESTION!!!! regarding clothing in max....
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 12:38:56 PM »
thanks brudda, but i think this lil side project will get put on hold till i get a com with some more brain powerrrrr :hithead:
I came, i saw, i added a Sig.
Later gents, i have Youtube to take over.
Cy - 1-12-15