Author Topic: Question about shield glow duration.  (Read 778 times)

Offline NatsuKagura

• Cookies: 1
Question about shield glow duration.
« on: April 08, 2010, 12:00:33 AM »
Hi guys, is anyone know how to modify Shield's glow duration?                                 
Well You know when the shield got hit " :banghead: ", it'll glowing " :evil: " for approximately 4 second, nah... I want to modify it into , let's say 0.15 second, how to do this  anyway?  :D

Btw what is Shield glow decay in the shield generator properties for? default is 1.000000 but whenever I changed it nothing happen.... or did I missed it?  :lostit:  

Thank you very much ... Picard ou.... eh .... Natsu out....  :D
Squad 17 Gotei 14! U.S.S.NatsuKagura , Reporting for duty SSSIIIIIRRRR...........!!!!

Offline Anew9

Re: Question about shield glow duration.
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 12:58:35 AM »
Yup, open MPE and select the shield generator script from a loaded ship and it should say Shield Glow Decay on one of the tabs along with a number, the lower the number the less decay time the shield exhibits on a ship.

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 01:58:31 AM »
Yup, open MPE and select the shield generator script from a loaded ship and it should say Shield Glow Decay on one of the tabs along with a number, the lower the number the less decay time the shield exhibits on a ship.
Are you sure about that? I've tried that myself and didn't notice difference.

@Natsu - you may want to ask this over at BCS, that's where a lot of the best scripters are at and you may get more help over there than you can here.

Offline NatsuKagura

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 10:52:09 PM »
Ow, thanks, Anew9  ;), so that Glow decay is the culprit,huh. :D...... but just as Nero says , I also didn't notice the difference  :D. Is there something we missed?
..... such as, we should delete something (like Vox.nif case) or to set the number below minus (-10.0000000)?  :)

Roger that Nero! I am on my way.. :dance...
ah I just remember that's also one site that Admrl.Jimmy recommended before....   :dance
Squad 17 Gotei 14! U.S.S.NatsuKagura , Reporting for duty SSSIIIIIRRRR...........!!!!

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 11:18:56 PM »
Is there something we missed?
..... such as, we should delete something (like Vox.nif case)
The vox files are what makes starship models damage properly, they have nothing to do with the shields.

Offline Mario

• Senior Software Developer
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1706
  • Life is life
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 04:20:03 PM »
Value not used by the engine, there are more of them in HP properties. IIRC hints in the scripts can be found that initially TG devs had a much larger scope planned for BC.
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign

Offline NatsuKagura

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 04:16:15 AM »
Well.. ah yeah I know that, Nero.. ;).. It's just I'm guess they may have the same behavior like when we adjust the hole and burn....  :thumbsup:....

The idea why I interest in adjusting the shield glowing :evil: only at the point of impact  :banghead: is because as I try imagine that in the long or medium range visual it's feel like the Nemesis' shield effect.

By the way... ummm.... and the conclusion is...........  (?)  :bow:
Well I'll ask BCS as well, and will let u guys know when I figure it out.... thanks :D

Offline Mario

• Senior Software Developer
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1706
  • Life is life
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2010, 10:35:36 AM »
Well I'll ask BCS as well, and will let u guys know when I figure it out.... thanks

I just gave you the same reply I would have given you over at BCS-TNG forums. Not possible in BC to manipulate shield glow, except possibly to trigger it using torpedoes.
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign

Offline NatsuKagura

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2010, 01:47:07 AM »
ow.. thanks Sovie .. I see... it seem there's no way to edit the glow duration.... hics.... :lostit: