Author Topic: WIPs - Akira & VentureTMP  (Read 16557 times)

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
Re: WIPs - Akira & VentureTMP
« Reply #180 on: January 17, 2012, 10:39:19 PM »
 :yeahthat:

Aside from being busy with the first week of the semester I'm also rebuilding my BC install to see if it can be a little less crash-happy (I'm building from scratch so it's a little time consuming...)

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #181 on: January 18, 2012, 05:12:21 AM »
No rush, guys  :)   Just that would value your input before release.

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #182 on: January 19, 2012, 04:50:33 AM »
Still tweaking various bits of VentureTMP mesh and textures.  Realigning off-set cons, smaller liftdoors etc. So still wip...

NEW RED ALERT EFFECT

Tried a small experiment as alternative to full red-lm swap, which is to have individual TMP red alerts turn on.  Made two small panes, one black, one black set to transparent,  and placed full black over LCAR, with black-transparent as map swap in autoload script. Think the effect is obvious from pics.

Offline mckinneyc

• Screenshot Master
  • Cookies: 151
  • Screenshot Master
    • My DA page
« Reply #183 on: January 19, 2012, 06:06:22 AM »
I like that much better to everything turning red. Is easier on the eyes and feels more canon.

Offline Nx-809

• Cookies: 25
« Reply #184 on: January 19, 2012, 06:32:31 PM »
strangely similar to my idea :roll
This is a video demonstration of how it works

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #185 on: January 20, 2012, 04:48:28 AM »
Well it is the logical solution  ;)

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #186 on: January 22, 2012, 05:17:38 AM »
So tried another experiment, this time on Akira. Knowing how centre console works, and interested in trying to get full animated red lcars ingame, made duplicate lcar walls with separate red alert textures and then animate into position on red alert.  If you're looking you'll see the transition (though it's less than half a sec) but at least works.  Still some kinks to iron out (will post about in scripting) but once sorted more or less done.  

Finishing off VentureTMP bridges somehow got sidetracked into doing ST5-style Miranda (I guess coz uses similar layout and anims) based on Luke/Interceptor's colour scheme.  Watching ST5 & 6 recently noticed that console walls not as high current bridges so have shortened height of this bridge accordingly.  Makes it more cosy.

Once I get feedback from current testers, and get this new bunch out, will take a break from bridges to concentrate on DS9 and SP game.   So current release list looks like:

Delta Flyer (need final testers feedback)
v2 Valkyrie/Venture/Type9 (ditto)

to betatest and release:
VentureTMP & TNG bridges
Akira
LateTMPMiranda

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 33
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #187 on: February 02, 2012, 02:26:57 PM »
That's really nifty! Excellent outside-the-box thinking on the map-swap alternative.
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!