Author Topic: Found some time and started on this...  (Read 783 times)

Offline Mario

• Senior Software Developer
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1706
  • Life is life
Found some time and started on this...
« on: October 02, 2010, 10:35:29 AM »
I still consider myself to be retired but it's hard to keep away sometimes.

What I'm writing is an intelligent parser which will rewrite scripts according to what is specified by the user. So you can take any existing SP script mods and run this program over it (I'm talking about the extended sp dialogue, Russells SP Mod or stock scripts or whatever comes in the future). Program will parse the python scripts and overwrite the code and do any existing fixes I define in the program such as fixing the animations issue when changing a bridge which I wasn't aware of until now, when JimmyB told me today at BCS-TNG forums.

Anything else I should be aware of and take into account, since it's been ages since I even remotely had anything to do regarding Single Player and not to mention that I've not turned on BC for 5 months.

I'd like to think that I'll find a way to complete the program, if not I'll release the source code if someone wants to finish it.
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
Re: Found some time and started on this...
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 10:51:43 AM »
(i just posted this at BCS also)

ya thats been a major problem as to why no one could change an SP bridge was the character animation issues (not only bridge crew, but when characters walk on or off the bridge like Saffi, Felix, Korbus, Data, romulan guy, etc) as well as a few other bridge-specific animations...  also, some bridges dont have an "extra" seat that Data and romulan guy sit at as on the Sovereign bridge...

but if that could be overcome, that would be an awesome thing!!  i imagine everyone would take a new interest in SP if they could pick and choose which bridges they would want for the missions :D

Offline flarespire

• The one who breaks the cycle.
  • Cookies: 47
  • God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 07:47:14 PM »
tt would be handy, and before i clicked the attached image i thought you were using LUA coding ffs, then realised its visuall C++..... :banghead:

Offline Mario

• Administrator
  • Life is life
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2010, 10:27:15 AM »
While I do know many programming languages I've never used LUA before. I do know C++ and write managed and non managed code but this is also not C++ but C#.
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign

Offline Mario

• Administrator
  • Life is life
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 06:20:24 PM »
I released the very first build of this program. Not tested at all however, I've got very little spare time nowadays. Try it out and give feedback if possible. Remember to make backups before trying it out: http://bcs-tng.com/forums/index.php?topic=4684.msg44402#msg44402
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2010, 07:14:44 PM »
very cool!  i cant wait to give it a run!