Author Topic: TWOK bridge - Release xmas 2010  (Read 14118 times)

Offline baz1701

• Cookies: 1434
TWOK bridge - Release xmas 2010
« on: October 02, 2010, 12:34:48 PM »
Until we get the bugs out of the twok bridge I have decided to release a more generic TMP bridge.

This works around the enterprise-A bridge and is not canon.

It will also be a no frills bridge.
Whatever knocks us back, can only make us stronger.

Offline Joshmaul

• Lunatic with a Starship
  • Cookies: 8
  • A Mind Without Purpose Will Walk in Dark Places
Re: Generic TMP
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 03:23:00 PM »
It may be no frills, but given who's doing it, it will have a mark of quality nonetheless. :)

Cookie, good sir.
"If one does as God does enough times, one will become as God is." - Dr. Hannibal Lecter

Offline flarespire

• The one who breaks the cycle.
  • Cookies: 47
  • God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 06:49:37 PM »
wow the bridge section is breathing again, this looks good man and to quote Dr.Frankenstein about the bridge modding section "ITS ALIIIVVVEEEEE" lol

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 07:15:22 PM »
It will also be a no frills bridge.
I don't know what "no frills" means... :s

wow the bridge section is breathing again
Lurok taking a break means the bridge section will be a little quiet until he returns (or someone else figures out the whole bridge modding process, which ever comes first).

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2010, 07:26:27 PM »
wow the bridge section is breathing again
aaaah shame you werent around a few years ago when it was really rocking! lol
unfortunately, i dont think it will ever be like that again, but it is really good to know there are a few out there to keep it breathing...

no worries - bridge modding in Excalibur will be 10000 times easier and that realm will be huge :D

Offline flarespire

• God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2010, 07:37:28 PM »
true, lets hope they put a bridge builder tool IN excalibur, which can then be tested before going live, and if any custom textures are needed, there is a built in texture editor too, (we can all dream cant we XD), oh and BC just finished installing on my old Emachines pc in an Acer desktop case with a PCI NVIDIA Quadro 4 NVS with DMS-59/DMS-60 port....wonder who itll run using that desktops 254MB of ram/(2MB lost in the rebuild....somehow.....) sorry to go a little off topic there jimmy XD.

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2010, 09:39:00 PM »
not to worry - as i said, bridges as a whole will be much much easier for Excalibur :)
those who are creating Excalibur are all from BC realm years back to recent, so they know how have it and create it to make things easier for everyone for future modding from their own experiences from BC :)

anyway, ya back ontopic lol

Offline baz1701

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2010, 06:06:10 AM »
no frills means what you see is what you get.

a working bridge. But since I do not have charactor studio I can only use exsisting animations so the chairs will not swival the turbo lift doors do not open and there will be no red alert light change other than the red flash from the Enterprise-A bridge.

Offline baz1701

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2010, 02:16:29 PM »
This bridge is now at the beta stage first 2 to pm me gets to join Hobbs in testing it.

This bridge does not have any animations and use them from the Enterprise-A and the Generations Bridge. Since I have not been able to contact the authors of these bridges I cannot include them in my mod.

This bridge will not effect the way those bridges work.

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2010, 03:05:12 PM »
Since I have not been able to contact the authors of these bridges I cannot include them in my mod.
have you tried Excalibur forms for Mark or LC? 

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2010, 07:12:33 PM »
This bridge is now at the beta stage first 2 to pm me gets to join Hobbs in testing it.

This bridge does not have any animations and use them from the Enterprise-A and the Generations Bridge. Since I have not been able to contact the authors of these bridges I cannot include them in my mod.

This bridge will not effect the way those bridges work.

I thought someone figured out how to do that without including the animations with the bridge, so it just requires the other ones.

Offline FekLeyr Targ

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 537
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2010, 01:18:14 AM »
Do you still have the TMP bridge sound I sent to you a few months ago?
TaH pagh, Tah be.

Offline baz1701

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2010, 04:17:37 AM »
I thought someone figured out how to do that without including the animations with the bridge, so it just requires the other ones.

Yes they did and I won't be including them but it is polite to ask the auther as I still using their work.

I have been in contact with Mark who has offered advice.

Do you still have the TMP bridge sound I sent to you a few months ago?

Yes thanks though at the moment there are no sounds assigned to the bridge, still on a learning curve.

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2010, 07:36:47 AM »
Yes thanks though at the moment there are no sounds assigned to the bridge, still on a learning curve.
thats easy enough - lemme know if you need help with that...

Offline baz1701

Re: Generic TMP - Light mapping question
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2010, 08:45:47 AM »
OK time for me to sound like a dummy.

I have tried to add light maps to this bridge without luck, so need some pointers (I have tried the tutorials but still not getting it): -

1, I have lighted the scene and baked a *_lm.tga texture for the part in question. The baked texture does not use the orginal textures unwrap and looks wierd when applied.

2, I rendered the LM to channel 2 on both objects and subobjects with use automatic unwrap checked. (rest of the settings are as LM.jpg below).

3, I have tried to apply the LM maps to a exsisting bridge imported into (ent-A) max. I can get the diffused maps working but not the LM maps. Also when the LM's are applied do you still need lights in the scene?

Any pointers would be great

Also attached the texture for the wall and the baked LM texture I made.

Offline baz1701

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2010, 05:54:02 PM »
I had a nice long chat with Mark earlier who gave me lots of great advice for bridge animation.

I have already re-rigged the bridge in Max 9 ready to export to MAX for the pain staking work of animating each charactor to suit the new bridge.

The changed are small but the chairs now fit the default Biped and new lift doors.

I have also added lighting to the scene to try and get some light maps done.

Offline flarespire

• God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2010, 06:41:40 PM »
this is coming along really well, the only suggestion i can give, is to give the wall and white paneling a slight creamish hue, it just makes it seam more TMPish and adding a greenish tinge to the doors(but leaving the labels white) add to this effect, i look forward to seeing this completed.  :thumbsup:

Offline baz1701

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2010, 06:33:01 AM »
This will be a early TMP bridge with the colder colour scheme.

Offline baz1701

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2010, 09:17:36 AM »
Decided to revert to the TWOK layout for this bridge if I'm going to animated it myself.

Offline JimmyB76

Re: TMP Bridge - Twok layout
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2010, 09:40:05 AM »
it seems to me that the bridge seems a little huge?  for example, the distance to the viewscreen feels very far away...