Author Topic: TWOK bridge - Release xmas 2010  (Read 14115 times)

Offline baz1701

• Cookies: 1434
Re: TMP Bridge - Twok layout
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2010, 09:50:04 AM »
Yes I used the MAX 3 charactor studio.

The bridge works in game with no problems. but Miguel defaults back to the Sov position (floating to the right of the captain).

Game does not crash.

I have used the ENR prefix for the animations in the scripts, and have made a  ENRMiguel.py in the charactors folder and edited all the bridge py's to change them from ENAMiguel to ENRMiguel

The animations are uploaded here. http://www.filefront.com/17419203/animations.zip/

Speaking with Mark just before I started it should just be a case of creating the biped animation at the relevent station on the set then delete the set and export. Then the scripts call the animation up and stick the animation at the correct staion on the bridge in game.
Whatever knocks us back, can only make us stronger.

Offline baz1701

« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2010, 04:13:44 PM »
Made some minor progress. Miguel is now sat at his station using my original Nif, but none of the custom animations work.

But getting there.

Offline flarespire

• The one who breaks the cycle.
  • Cookies: 47
  • God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2010, 05:35:24 PM »
this is getting pretty damn awsome LOL, well done baz.  :thumbsup:

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2010, 03:28:07 AM »
You're a dark horse, Baz  :)  Hope it goes well and we can share results sometime.  Just back briefly on personal leave, but will touch base soon.  And congrats on the baby  :)

Offline Nx-809

• Cookies: 25
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2010, 10:22:33 AM »
tmp bridge is too cool!  :P i tried with your animation,changed various line on script but nothing.. miguel use the stock animation (because i used the stock script modified) however your lightmap work ingame??

Offline baz1701

« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2010, 07:52:52 PM »
ok small update.

I piled through the scripts and now fixed problems using ENRMiguel.

though my animations (other than sitting) still do not working, though after renaming all the ENAMiguel to ENR the character animation all work if in the wrong place.

Offline baz1701

« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2010, 09:51:01 AM »
Miguel moves, thought the chair does not?

Offline flarespire

• God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2010, 10:16:10 AM »
did you make the chair an animatable object?

Offline baz1701

« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2010, 04:11:55 PM »
Was not aware it had to be but if you know something I don't do tell I'm going nutts trying to get it to work.

Offline flarespire

• God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2010, 04:20:06 PM »
im just guessing but tht sounds like an obvious option, ask around, ive seen in most bridges they make the chairs linked to an animation NIF file.

Offline baz1701

« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2010, 04:28:11 PM »
From what mark told me you animate the chair on it's own and export it as a nif one for looking at the captain the other to turn back to the console.

I know Lurock managed to associate a older chair animation to my older bridge but I have not even managed this yet.

Offline flarespire

• God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2010, 04:37:08 PM »
ah, well i hope you manage to get this done because this looks really good.

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2010, 03:46:25 PM »
Baz - have all chairs working on our original WIP bridge now, using technique we (and Mark) discussed:  create separate anims for each chair move, deleting all but object, exporting as nif.   Not perfect synch with characters as still using original ENA animations, but close enough. Can also do doors, but haven't on TWOK bridge yet as no anims to walk through. 

That's next thing need to learn:  how to animate bipeds, esp extra character walks from lift to consoles and back.

Offline baz1701

« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2010, 06:58:18 PM »
I have tried that but they don't work. What Max 3 export settings are you using?

AS for the charactor animation I have Miguel Work (sans chair) but Saffi just sits there (please lets no open this up to saffi bashing).

Also her scripts are confusing as the ENA saffi has a chair animation but it is not called up in the scripts?

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2010, 07:13:41 PM »
welcome to the most difficult aspect of bridge modding lol
however, with the same frustration and diligence, the secret code was broken before hence the bridges BC has other than stock...
ya it sucks the bridge gods (LC, Viper, Mark, Sean, MLeo, and LJ and a few others) are gone from BC and it can be tough to get in touch with them, but they are all working on Excalibur and very much busy and focused on that now...
which is actually a really good thing :)

oh if only all you new bridge modders had been on the BC scene just a few years earlier when bridge modding was in its prime...  lol j/k :P

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2010, 05:27:51 AM »
I have tried that but they don't work. What Max 3 export settings are you using?

AS for the charactor animation I have Miguel Work (sans chair) but Saffi just sits there (please lets no open this up to saffi bashing).

Also her scripts are confusing as the ENA saffi has a chair animation but it is not called up in the scripts?

I just use the default Max 3 settings (I assume same ones as your version :)).  Once I've deleted set, I export the animated chair via export (duh).  On pop up box,  I tick keep original texture extension, and untick keep lights.  Then just export as nif  with appropriate name (e.g.   ENR_chair_c_face_capt.nif).   Once I've exported all individual chair anims,  I then export the whole bridge as ingame model.

What I could do if it helps and if you want, is I can zip up WIP bridge I have so far and send to you?     Just out of interest, did Bones ever redo the bridge floor texture and that damage control (green Enterprise schematics)? 

Have you done any animated walks yet? 

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2010, 09:57:54 AM »
Baz and I agreed any further developments on TWOK bridge/TMP bridges now here.  We're moving on cracking anim problems so hopefully further news as and when happens.  Need to find a way to incorporate our separate attempts into a single working bridge. Fingers crossed.

Offline baz1701

« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2010, 11:13:43 AM »
Great video Lurock and thanks for you help earlier.

Finally figure out why the chairs would not move. I had not set a keyframe for the bridge mesh, now the chair moves.

Though I have picked up a small error with saffi starting in front of the lift doors until I click on her when she slides in to her seat and works perfectly.

I'm assume the same for the lift doors.

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2010, 11:23:01 AM »
Though I have picked up a small error with saffi starting in front of the lift doors until I click on her when she slides in to her seat and works perfectly.

Interesting. I got same saffi error as you, but assumed it was because I'd transported to twok from another bridge so was script switch error.   Anyway, looks like on road to cracking some of this... :)

Offline baz1701

« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2010, 11:56:52 AM »
Ok saffi sliding problem fixed, she had her stand animation set as the ENA nif.

Right little off topic but can someone give a me a quick run down on how to use walk FX, I cannot seem to find any instructions on how to use it.

Thought the mutator is switched on for it.