Author Topic: E7's Retextures WIP ( Eximius Class )  (Read 10349 times)

Offline EDD_7

• Cookies: 24
  • Also Known As Mr_7 :P
Re: E7's Retextures ( Vladko1's NX 91001 + WileyCoyote's JJprise V3.0 )
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2010, 02:50:16 AM »
Ok i'll name the NX 91001 the USS Icarus...so near but yet so far :P

Now on another note i wanted to try doing some Terran Empire ships, so i decided to work on WileyCoyote's latest JJprise. Basicly not much work on my part except adding a new layer or tow onto each texture :P, but the effect is good.

And just to be nice i made a wallpaper for people as an early Christmas gift. So tell me what you think...

Offline MarkyD

• Cookies: 627
  • "A mesh comes together!"
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2010, 03:12:22 AM »
Nice work Ed  :thumbsup: Love the Terran ships.

Offline Centurus

• If you're reading this, you're missing out on something better.
  • Cookies: 68
  • BOW BEFORE THE POWER OF MY RUBBER CHICKENS!!!
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2010, 07:14:58 AM »
Must admit, I rather like the retexture of that ship, and I hate the Bastardprise.   :D  +1 for the fine job.

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2010, 08:19:13 AM »
personally, I don't imagine a JJ TE would still have the "smooth hot rod" look

hmm...now I've got an idea of my own. time to dig out the Sketchbook...
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2010, 08:24:44 AM »
More Terran Empire Ships.
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Offline JamesTiberiusKirk

• Johnny Walker... one of my best friends! Cheers!
  • Cookies: 33
  • Cheers!
    • My Myspace Page ->
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2010, 08:29:18 AM »
Vlad, the USS Noble is a Noble Class, This ship does need a name, but i disagree with Noble seeing that that's a totally different class of ship.
And there is something about STO being canon because it was endorsed by CBS or something.

totally different??? its only missing the pod!

"And this... is... to go... even further beyond!"

Offline Maxloef

• STBC Aftermath Co Founder
  • Cookies: 61
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2010, 09:01:34 AM »

ahh look somone with common sense...i say noble :D

Offline EDD_7

« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2010, 10:02:27 AM »
ahh look somone with common sense...i say noble :D

Thats ok then i'll stick with Noble but i'll do alternate textures for the Top Hull with different textures and levae a blank texture file for those who don't want that

In the meantime i've got ditracted again with the JJ univese and made Terran empire textures for the Kelvin. I have yet to finish retexturing any models, so i need to stop chasing ideas  :facepalm:.

Basicly i have a really good story line to fit in with these terran ships. And i was wondering if theres anyone out there who could modify the ships scripts so that they are Terran Empire ships and not just a retexture?

Heres some Pics of the Kelvin, and a Wallpaper.... i keep getting distracted by them as well lol  :P

( Please note the second image is without the latst damage textures. And the model had some smoothing problems after i converted it )

Offline shade_30

• Cookies: 6
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2010, 10:24:41 AM »
Modify the script in what way?
If it's nothing advanced I could do it for you

Offline WileyCoyote

• The Other Ship Builder
  • Cookies: 1219
  • Awesome-sauce factory owner
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2010, 10:31:40 AM »
I always imagined the Terran Empire ships to have a darker hull color scheme. The Kelvin retexture does look nice, but I really need to build a better version.
Please visit my Deviantart page at www.trekmodeler.deviantart.com.

My website is up! Download my ships here: http://www.michaelwileyart.com

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2010, 10:47:39 AM »
Modify the script in what way?
If it's nothing advanced I could do it for you
TE ships are not to much better than the regular Fed-s. with one or 2 exceptiions, the NX does have a cloak, after the vintaak incident, but it was destroied.
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2010, 12:32:34 PM »
i've got a quick suggestion, here.  wiley suggested a darker texture...why not black it down so that it resembles the NX's?

okay, i whipped up a quick sketch of the TE JJprise (body only) that I'm gonna post elsewhere for some improvement suggestions.

something else I just thought of.  the Canary Yellow TE markings are the Prime Universe versions, mabey make the JJ TE ones a different color?
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Captain_D

• Captain of the Seafood Universe
  • Cookies: 5
Re: E7's Retextures ( Vladko1's NX 91001 )
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2010, 09:55:23 PM »
That sounds about right. Sooo now i give you my first ever attempt of a registry, i read a few tutorial.. picked bits out and stuck them together. By the way does anyone have any tutorials on registry lights. Anyway some pics.......

Might think about bringing the registry down toward the center of that part of the section that you have placed it on. Looks sort of out of center there where you have it.  besides that, I think it looks good. :thumbsup:

Offline EDD_7

« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2010, 04:39:07 PM »
Right i'm taking in alot of feedback and its all good. The NX-91001 is being neglected at the mo because i'm focusing on the Terran ships but i will get back on to it.

In the mean time i thing the Kelvin is about done and i decided to use NIFscope for viewing the ships textures. I've also done the Reliant's registry.

And.... Sovereign001 is doing me a big favour and is going to help me with the blast marks on the hull  :yay:

Picture time... enjoy

Offline Vedic

• Cookies: 2
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2010, 05:11:16 PM »
I think your Re-texturing is awesome, but i really just want to say that yellow needs to be more dark .

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2010, 05:27:47 PM »
it's purrrfect for me ;)

Offline Vedic

• Cookies: 2
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2010, 08:05:09 PM »
Ok after further looking at the images (i had nothing better to do), i now agree there fine, but just Imagen the Kelvins captain in the Mirror Universe.

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2010, 09:22:45 PM »
Ok after further looking at the images (i had nothing better to do), i now agree there fine, but just Imagen the Kelvins captain in the Mirror Universe.

He'd have a goatee and would've *****slapped Nero, but other than that, no difference. :evil:

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline EDD_7

« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2010, 02:34:05 PM »
He'd have a goatee and would've *****slapped Nero, but other than that, no difference. :evil:

Well here was my little story plot to these ships which may give you an idea to what the JJ Terran Empire is like:

During a routine fleet patrol of the neutral zone, the ISS Kelvin detected what seemed to be a lighting storm in space. Immediately the crew identified a large craft appearing from the storm, The Narada. During the commotion Captain Robau had decided to call an immediate offensive against the craft so that they could capture it. The command issued was for the ISS Centaurus and the ISS Truman, the other two vessels in the fleet, to engage the target and provide a distraction whilst the ISS Kelvin was to launch shuttles to board the vessel.

Split second decisions like this were the reason for Captain Robau's fleet command. Before the Narada was fully out of the storm, the fleet had engaged and started knocking weapon systems offline. The away teams in the shuttles also began there approach. Being certain that his plan would succeed Captain Robau led the away teams. However the near destruction of the Truman revealed an extreme miscalculation.

Aboard the Narada Nero and his crew had gathered control of the situation. The surprise attack through them completely off guard and 40% of there weapon systems had been damaged. However Nero acted quickly, he had jammed all communications within the area and concentrated the fire power of the Narada on to the nearest vessel, the ISS Truman.

On the bridge of the ISS Kelvin George Kirk, now acting captain watched these events unfold. Without a second thought he ordered his crew to place the Kelvin in front of the weapons fire coming from the Kelvin. Whilst doing this he allowed time for the ISS Truman to get to a safe distance as well as distracting the Narada's attention away from the incoming shuttles.

Alarms sounded on the Narada Bridge. 14 Shuttles, with a crew of 10 marines on each, had somehow broken through the shuttle bay doors, landed at key parts within the Narada and were disabling the vessel. After 12 minutes the Narada was unable to fire on the offending vessels, and more shuttles were on and intercept course. 3 minutes after that the bridge was taken. During the fight for the Narada?s bridge Nero was stabbed with his own spear by Captain Robau, but survived and held prisoner.

During the Battle of the Narada, George Kirk's wife had given birth to a baby boy. He was named after the battle and was hailed with a great future for being born with in the battle. He was named James Tiberius Kirk

25 years later, after a long research on the Narada with limited results and a successful interrogation of Nero, the Terran Empire learnt of a substance known as red matter that could create black holes. They also learnt that the chance to get hold of this substance would appear in the near future along with another craft from the future. Following this data the Empire launched there most advanced star ship, the ISS Enterprise, to capture this device for use against all rebelling races. The ISS Enterprise was to be captained by James Tiberius Kirk.

However just a few days before the launch of the Enterprise, Nero was rescued by rebels who learnt of where he was from. When this information was handed to Admiral Pike he ordered the immediate launch of the Enterprise as well as another 3 ships to stand guard over the captured Narada.

However the fleet around the Narada failed, the rebels lead by Nero had taken the Narada back. The race to secure the substance that could change the galaxy had begun.....

Very very rough story, and excuse any grammer errors :P I haven't flexed my mind with story writing in a while Enjoy.

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2010, 03:08:11 PM »
I kinda liked it. good flow
TiqHud