Author Topic: E7's Retextures WIP ( Eximius Class )  (Read 10345 times)

Offline EDD_7

• Cookies: 24
  • Also Known As Mr_7 :P
Re: E7's Retextures ( Vladko1's NX 91001 + WileyCoyote's JJprise V3.0 )
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2010, 01:36:54 PM »
Right then things have picked up pace wise :D, I've just got Sovereign001's damage added textures back, and Shade_30 is editing the harpoints and scripts. All thats left to do is finish all the ID's and test out them out ingame once there complete.

So pictures and a wallpaper ( MERRY CHRISTMAS ) My next update i will give you Nif Scope Views of all the ships in the pack :)

And big thanks to Shade_30 and Sovereign001 for helping me out  :thumbsup: cookie to you both

Offline WileyCoyote

• The Other Ship Builder
  • Cookies: 1219
  • Awesome-sauce factory owner
« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2010, 03:31:32 PM »
That actually looks pretty cool!
Please visit my Deviantart page at www.trekmodeler.deviantart.com.

My website is up! Download my ships here: http://www.michaelwileyart.com

Offline Vedic

• Cookies: 2
« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2010, 04:23:18 PM »
The texture job is awesome i'll give you that, but i'd highly doubt the Empire would keep there ships that battered up.

Offline EDD_7

« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2010, 04:34:10 PM »
The texture job is awesome i'll give you that, but i'd highly doubt the Empire would keep there ships that battered up.

The idea is that there constantly fighting, conquering somewhere or other without a second thought, and to full of themselves to retreat for repair.

They'll wear the damage on there ships as badges of honour. Trying not to making them sound too klingon though

Offline sovereign001

• Cookies: 77
« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2010, 11:26:42 PM »
Aah nice wallpaper edd! she looks beautiful on that wallpaper! Wonder how the reliant looks like ;)

Offline EDD_7

« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2011, 03:26:03 PM »
OK big update.... kind of,

1. after watching Wileycoyote modeling i decided to continue work on my Romulan Defiant. I'll post a pic when i'm happy it looks alright.

2. Textures are done for the Terran Kelvin Pack, they are having there HP's edited to match there textures. The damage was textured on by Sovereign001 so Cookie :D, and i tweaked them a little, mainly on the Kelvin and reliant. Although is anyone elsethinking the roll bar thingys are too light ?

and 3. PICTURES ... we all love them.  its a big image

Offline sovereign001

« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2011, 04:03:58 PM »
Where's my cookie!!! :bitch: :evil:

Damn i wished a big wallpaper :( but happy that you liked it man ;) Lots of work though :p

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 33
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2011, 01:28:39 PM »
Would you be willing to do a similar texture set for selected "prime" (as in, not mirror universe) ships? Mission/System scripters might find them useful for post-wolf 359, or Starfleet Reclamation Yard style scenes, they could use SDT to switch from standard textures to the beat-up versions.

The thought reminds me of the concept in that Stagate Universe episode recently, where they stumble upon the site of an ancient battle. Your textures really give the idea that these ships have been abandoned and nature has taken it's course (to an extreme degree - perhaps in a thick nebula or asteroid field... :P) over a couple of centuries or something.

Nice work, guys :)
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!

Offline EDD_7

« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2011, 05:44:15 PM »
Would you be willing to do a similar texture set for selected "prime" (as in, not mirror universe) ships?

Nice work, guys :)

Thank you, and you'd have to ask Sov about those textures :P he does all the damage and i guess if Shade feels like it he'll ive abit more scripting a go.

Damn i wished a big wallpaper :( but happy that you liked it man ;) Lots of work though :p

Heres a wallpaper i was trying out see what you think, and also a pic with updated spec maps

Offline sovereign001

« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2011, 08:09:44 PM »
looks great edd! and thx bren.

The damage textures are actually big crack brushes from deviantart i use.

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 33
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2011, 09:06:50 PM »
I've just now realised what this reminds me of - Galactica from mid-season three on, after they go through that solar storm or whatever it was!
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!

Offline Nihilus

• Cookies: 14
« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2011, 09:26:10 PM »
Personally I think they look a little too damaged.  They look good, but it seems like a lot of that would compromise the hull integrity.  I get the badge of honor thing but I doubt they would want it to affect the ships ability to perform also.  Just my two cents.

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2011, 08:57:39 AM »
Personally I think they look a little too damaged.  They look good, but it seems like a lot of that would compromise the hull integrity.  I get the badge of honor thing but I doubt they would want it to affect the ships ability to perform also.  Just my two cents.

must agree here.
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Offline EDD_7

« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2011, 12:32:40 PM »
Personally I think they look a little too damaged.  They look good, but it seems like a lot of that would compromise the hull integrity.  I get the badge of honor thing but I doubt they would want it to affect the ships ability to perform also.  Just my two cents.

Ok i'll turn down the damage alittle by making it lighter and having it look more cosmetic than anything else. I'll then do a cmparison shot to see what people think.

In the meantime i'll post another wallpaper...

Offline sovereign001

« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2011, 12:53:26 PM »
why? the impacts aren't that deep? We saw voyager fighting almost an entire year and she was heavily damaged..

These ships have scars but they don't have decks exploded from inside out. Only disruptor scars or so.

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2011, 02:20:10 PM »
because....

1. these are retextures....
2. that would require remodeling the ships and also BUMP the poly count up quite a bit.
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2011, 02:33:53 PM »
Not to mention that Voyager although operating could barely handle a battle. I think the Empire would like all their guns working at their most effective capacity.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline deadthunder2_0

• Cookies: 39
  • Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel
    • Modders of Steel Home page
« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2011, 02:56:05 PM »
I think that Phaser burns wouldn't damage a ship too much, but it could harden the hull like heating metal does.
Support the Post TNG Ship Pack

Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel,
We are the Modders that take everything to the next level, We are the Modders of Steel

Offline Lionus

• Cookies: 79
« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2011, 04:19:32 PM »
And hardened metal does NOT like kinetic energy.
Star Trek Quad-nacelle fanboy Extraordinaire

StarFleet Research and Development Crash Test Dummie/Test pilot

"Beyond the rim of the star-light
My love
Is wand'ring in star-flight
I know
He'll find in star-clustered reaches
Love,
Strange love a star woman teaches.
I know
His journey ends never
His star trek
Will go on forever.
But tell him
While he wanders his starry sea
Remember, remember me."

Offline Psyco Diver

• Cookies: 3
« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2011, 04:43:10 PM »
I think that Phaser burns wouldn't damage a ship too much, but it could harden the hull like heating metal does.

Depends, burn a piece of metal hot enough you will burn through and get to the soft and tasty insides, hmm I'm hungry.....