Author Topic: Best game for XBOX 360?  (Read 1021 times)

Offline Vbeserk

• Cookies: 2
Best game for XBOX 360?
« on: December 18, 2010, 10:10:13 AM »
Which is the best game of zombie for XBOX 360? I want to know because i'm going to buy it and i need a first game.

jb76 edit - edited thread title to clarify...

Offline 1DeadlySAMURAI

• Cookies: 139
  • Do'h
Re: Best game for XBOX 360?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 02:49:08 PM »
When it comes to personal taste no one except you is really qualified to tell you what to buy.
I know many would say "left 4 dead 2" but when I tried I was bored and wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Best you can do is go to an online store and look up something that seems interesting then google reviews on that game. You can also go to YouTube and search the games name and "gameplay".
Then you can see if it looks like something you'd like.

Offline FarShot

• That guy with good ideas...
  • Cookies: 787
  • I'm actually making stuff! :D
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 09:43:57 PM »
When it comes to personal taste no one except you is really qualified to tell you what to buy.
I know many would say "left 4 dead 2" but when I tried I was bored and wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

It's never as good as it is with 4 people crowded into the room with you playing alongside you.  Just saying, both Left 4 Dead's get at least an 8/10 from me. :thumbsup:

Offline majormagna

• English Idiot
  • Cookies: 5
  • Bail Out!
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 05:15:48 PM »
Although I don't have a 360, I have the PC versions of Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2 and Team Fortress 2. They're not as good on console (I've heard) but still good.

Of course there is the XBox's flagship series, Halo. Halo 3, and Halo: Reach are the most renowned games for the XBox 360.
Did you know I'm on Twitter?

Offline Vbeserk

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 04:31:57 PM »
I don't like Halo i have saw a video of left 4 dead and i like it but i think its a little crazy its not like an resident evil the thing that like on this games is the friends need to be your friends and you must work in group other game that i think that is good is Dead rising i think that this is good games but i want to know the opinion of you people.

Offline Mustang

• Resident Movie Critic
  • Cookies: 46
  • Muse Fan
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2010, 02:38:50 PM »
Mass Effect 2, if you're into RPGs. I wouldn't recommend Call of Duty unless you want to put up with cheaters.

Offline Meteorafallen

• MeteorCreations Founder, UUM Art Director, Renderer, Texturer, Graphical Artist
  • Cookies: 48
  • Founder of MeteorCreations
    • MeteorCreations
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2010, 02:10:31 AM »
Mass Effect 2, if you're into RPGs. I wouldn't recommend Call of Duty unless you want to put up with cheaters.

Well if you're going to go with Mass Effect, you have to start from the first game. That's like watching Empire Strikes Back before watching A New Hope.

If you're into Squad based shooters go with Rainbow Six Vegas 1&2
If you're going to get a Halo game, start with Reach.
C.O.D Modern Warfare 2, not that Black Ops, Vietnam S#!@ lol

If you're into racing Forza's where it's at.

Plenty of RPGs to try out:

If you're into action adventure then go with Fable III
If you prefer to kill Super Mutants in the heart of DC, the go for Fallout 3, or even New Vegas, it's a completely separate story from 3
If you like your WoW with your Call of Duty, then Borderlands is the way to go.

I could go on, but that should get you started lol
Have a look at my website MeteorCreations

Offline Vbeserk

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2010, 01:40:01 PM »
i thought in buying the left 4 dead, alan wake, gta 4, ST Legacy, Ace Combat 6, Dead Space, Red Dead Reemption, Bioshock 1 and 2 this ones are very good.

Offline deadthunder2_0

• Cookies: 39
  • Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel
    • Modders of Steel Home page
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2010, 12:31:45 AM »
Legacy was great for the Xbox, better than the PC version in that it was very smooth, controls were awesome, and the 360 controller is arguably the best and most comfortable controller out there.

Ace Combat is the flat out best flight sim. game out there in my opinion.
Support the Post TNG Ship Pack

Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel,
We are the Modders that take everything to the next level, We are the Modders of Steel

Offline StarkillerTFU2

• Cookies: 0
  • BANNED!
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2010, 06:02:31 AM »
i think HAWX is better than AC, also if you?re going to start playing halo, start by CE, then Wars, then Reach, then 2 and 3.

Offline sovereign001

• Cookies: 77
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2010, 07:24:27 AM »
euh wait..

halo wars -> reach->combat evolved->halo 2 ->halo 3

that's the timeline mate ;)

if you don't believe me, go to the halowiki ;)

Offline StarkillerTFU2

• Cookies: 0
  • BANNED!
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2010, 07:45:01 AM »
i know, but im saying is play Halo CE first, to get at least a minor understanding of enemies, weapons, history, and others.

Offline sovereign001

• Cookies: 77
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2010, 07:59:51 AM »
aah yeah sure, but still, ignore the halo wars. I didn't liked it.

and ooh fuck i forget odst as well.

so

Halo reach (put it on easy or so or normal to learn it) --> halo combat evolved --> halo 2 --> halo 3 odst --> halo 3

I agree a bit with sttfu2, but imo it gets confusing if you play combat evolved and then reach etc. It's actually a storyline, if you follow it like i wrote, the story just follows beautifully. I even had problems following the story because i didn't played them as above.

Offline metalnick

• Cookies: 13
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2010, 09:56:47 PM »
Can't go wrong with most of these. Left 4 Dead, Red Dead Redemption, Ace Combat, Mass Effect 1 & 2, and Halo Reach are all great games. Dead Rising is good too. Gears of War is another really solid FPS. Alan Wake was ok but its not a game I would want to own.
Nothing Is True. Everything Is Permitted....

Offline Villain

• Cookies: 71
  • The artist formerly known as Prime
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2011, 06:44:56 AM »
Did nobody see that his first post says he is looking for Zombie games?

Alan Wake is a great thriller game, should somewhat fit that desire. Dead Rising 2 is pretty neat, but the controls are seriously clunky and unpolished. It doesn't usually become a problem, only if you get yourself into serious trouble (You're bound to do it once.)

I hear the new Call of Duty has a zombie mode that's kind of decent, but only a survival game, rather than having any real story behind it (It is just an added feature, to be fair).

And Resident Evil 5 is easily the best zombie-themed game for story, provided you have a friend you can co-op with, otherwise you'll find the game very frustrating as the Co-op AI is sub-par.

As for non-zombie games:

I'd suggest Halo too, if you're into the more casual shooters. It's easy to pick up (As is the nature of casual games), and there aren't really any hard parts that can't just be olved with a bigger gun. Personally, not my kinda game.  :funny

Mass Effect is a hit and miss kind of game, you either like it or you don't, imo. I personally foud it to just be KOTOR all over again with a new conversation system, but as evidenced here, a lot of people liked it, so...  :idk:

Rainbow Six is a little more difficult, but the story is great, and the variety of weapons and character parts really helps make your character your own. Controls well, and I believe it still has a big-ish community online.

As for flight sims, Ace Combat is more traditional, where HAWX is pure flight-fantasy. The moves you can pull off are ridiculous and reminiscent of Battlestar.

Armored Core: For Answer is undoubtably the best mech game avaliable hands down. Learning curve isn't really brutal, but as you get into the higher difficulties, it becomes a lot harder to defeat NEXTs (A lot. White Glint is a standard measurement of how well you'd do on the next higher difficulty level)

And of course, there's Lost Planet and its sequel. Both games are great, and the second definitely improves the controls and engine of the first. You can get it on PC, but I'd only advise that if you had a wired 360 controller you can play with, as the mouse and keyboard simply makes the game a trainwreck.

And then there's Dead Space, which was just  AMAZING.

There are plenty of games out on the system that if you have a HDTV you should be able to find one you like. They even have a 2d fighter released on it now (BlazBlue), for those who aren't content with Street Fighters lack of technical abilities and all the complicated things. And Sonic 4. You can browse around the xbox site for the Live Arcade lists, far too many games on there to even mention.  :funny

"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2011, 08:26:14 AM »
And Resident Evil 5 is easily the best zombie-themed game for story, provided you have a friend you can co-op with, otherwise you'll find the game very frustrating as the Co-op AI is sub-par.

Agree with Villain that RE5 best I've tried on 360, but none of them sadly recapture thrill of original RE PS games or even old arcade games like HoTD. 

Favorite 360 games (most played):  R6,  Flashpoint, CoD and GTA series.  ST: Legacy does run better on 360 but seriously lacks the modding factor (and is clunky game anyway).   Ideal zombie game would combine AI/tactics of R6 and CoD  with fun of RE2/3  :)

Offline Vbeserk

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2011, 06:20:02 PM »
I don't like halo too much i like more free runing games like GTA, i wanted to buy portal but i don't know if it's good, a very ggod release game is Ace Combat Assault Horizon this one i'll surely buy it's so cool :D .

Offline Mustang

• Resident Movie Critic
  • Cookies: 46
  • Muse Fan
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2011, 01:38:37 PM »
Portal was great, but it'll rape your mind.

Offline Vortex

• Modder in Learning
  • Cookies: 28
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2011, 12:42:11 PM »
The Assassins Creed games are amazing, particularly the second one.
Most find the first a bit repetitive, but you'll need that to get the story for the second and third games.

Red Dead Redemption and The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion are also great games.