Author Topic: NX Bridge revamp  (Read 6489 times)

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
NX Bridge revamp
« on: February 01, 2011, 07:53:06 PM »
Been watching a lot of ENT recently and realised something bugged me about  existing BC NX bridge.  As good a model as it is, always felt proportions wrong (too tall and boxy) and clearly didn't have detail other bridges got (non-canon science and tac consoles, etc).   To be fair to original bridge creators LC and Viper,  their NX bridge is pre-WalkFX  so obviously didn't need to model in all consoles .    Obviously game has greatly evolved since those days so seems right to update bridge.  

So...have adjusted main proportions to something I think more closely resembles studio bridge (lower ceilings and wider) and started work on console etc revamps.  I'll try and improve textures and lighting and definitely animated lcar screens.     Not much can do about crew positions at present but I believe BRs forthcoming new crew mod will address that.

Changelist from original NX bridge:
* new tactical and science stations
* new helm console front
* new crew animations
* new crew positions (Saffi at science console; Brex at science visor; new extra at Comms station)
* new red alert lights
* Wider bridge dimensions/lower ceiling
* smaller central ceiling light
* taller situation room table
* additional lcar consoles
* new canon lcars (courtesy Adge)
* texture and lightmap tweaks

* hope to include bridge variants:
   blue Season 4 NX
   NX-02 Columbia
   mirror universe ISS Enterprise

1st pic below is NX bridge as currently exists;  other ingame shots are latest WIPs of the revamped versions.

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
Re: new NX bridge revamp
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 09:45:00 PM »
Nice idea, I look forward to seeing more.  :)

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 03:20:03 AM »
Looks like your going with a Season 4 style on the bridge. Any chance for a Nemesis/Season 4-styled Captains Chair? :)
Official BCC Discord ยท https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 06:28:52 AM »
Looks like your going with a Season 4 style on the bridge. Any chance for a Nemesis/Season 4-styled Captains Chair? :)

Those just happen to be the default textures in Mark's orig NX revamp (which I think was meant to improve on orig LC/Viper bridge).  Once get basics all sorted,  like the Defiant bridge pack plan would be to do original NX bridge; season 4/NX Columbia blue variant and poss textures for the mirror-mirror ISS Enterprise. 

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 05:54:46 PM »
oooh nice.
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline UFDF Charlie

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 10:39:00 AM »
Would you be also adding the blue carpets on the new bridge? i am the massive fan of ENT :yay:

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 10:16:15 PM »
Would you be also adding the blue carpets on the new bridge? i am the massive fan of ENT :yay:

blue will be on alternative versions.

Hit a snag exporting work so far, so in meantime just some renders of WIP to date:  new tac and science stations, rejigged lcar panels, new taller and better-rez situation table and general texture and lightmap tweaks. 

Offline UFDF Charlie

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2011, 11:55:14 AM »
Damn......i so love this bridge :P

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2011, 12:30:43 PM »
now THAT actually looks like the set (except for the purple)
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Morgan

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2011, 12:56:35 PM »
now THAT actually looks like the set (except for the purple)
Renders tend to have funky colors lurking around from time to time.  Just look at the Generations Galaxy bridge in nif skope...

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2011, 01:20:13 PM »
Fixed export prob (sort of) so new ingame pics. Still tweaks to do and lightmap levels to check re: darker bridge at red alert.  Main job will new crew positions/anims.   Plan is to place Saffi at Science station, Miguel standing behind at science visor,  Kiska/Brex/Felix at current positions and new seated extra at Hoshi position.  

Offline Morgan

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2011, 01:46:38 PM »
Interesting take on the crew positions, I look forward to trying this out.  The set looks a lot better already. :)

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 33
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2011, 06:00:33 PM »
 :thumbsup:

Brilliant work, man!
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2011, 07:51:51 PM »
:thumbsup:

Brilliant work, man!

Thanks.   Sorry no update pics but more tomorrow. Crew changes seem to be working ok, with a few script blips to sort out. Only having one walk-on extra, going from lift to large rear monitor rather than situation table.  Otherwise all gets a bit crowded,lol.   

Although bridge def more 'vertically squashed', comparing with on-set pics scale of BC crew-to-bridge pretty much matches RL crew-to-bridge.  Still several tweaks to do and want to rework dome centre light but will take a break before major updates/beta to get Defiant finished.

Offline FarShot

• That guy with good ideas...
  • Cookies: 787
  • I'm actually making stuff! :D
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2011, 08:05:21 PM »
Hey Lurok, thought I'd point something out:

In the third most recent screen cap, the chick on the left has a funky looking hair bun.  It's actually because in the script file for that crewman has a misassigned head.  I fixed that in my own version, but of course I can't release that.

Just thought I'd help you out, cause that hairbun looks... awkward. :\

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2011, 08:22:58 PM »
Hey Lurok, thought I'd point something out:

In the third most recent screen cap, the chick on the left has a funky looking hair bun.  It's actually because in the script file for that crewman has a misassigned head.  I fixed that in my own version, but of course I can't release that.

Just thought I'd help you out, cause that hairbun looks... awkward. :\

Thanks for info  :)

Anyway, here are changed crew positions as mentioned plus few extra tweaks.  Still have some minor texture, lightmap and anim probs to sort out but probably 80-90 per cent done. 

Offline WileyCoyote

• The Other Ship Builder
  • Cookies: 1219
  • Awesome-sauce factory owner
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2011, 09:42:42 PM »
It's definitely an improvement. Those small consoles always bugged me. Nice work!
Please visit my Deviantart page at www.trekmodeler.deviantart.com.

My website is up! Download my ships here: http://www.michaelwileyart.com

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1077
    • Blackrook32's YouTube Channel
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2011, 10:56:02 PM »
Just another (hopefully easier) bridge revamp along the lines of Sean's Defiant.   Been watching a lot of ENT recently and realised something bugged me about  BC NX bridge.  As good a model as it is, always felt proportions wrong (too tall and boxy) and clearly didn't have detail other bridges got (non-canon science and tac consoles, etc).

So...have adjusted main proportions to something I think more closely resembles studio bridge (lower ceilings and wider) and started work on console etc revamps.  I'll try and improve textures and lighting and definitely animated lcar screens.     Not much can do about crew positions at present but I believe BRs forthcoming new crew mod will address that.

EDIT:  completed new science and tactical consoles.  Several of bridge textures need some working on, and need to re-seat crew.  And then lightmapping.

Stunning work on the NX Bridge. Keep an eye out on your PM box. ;)

BR32

" Fortune Favors the Bold "

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2011, 07:27:13 PM »
Big thank you to BR for letting me try out the NX Crew beta   :thumbsup:   (apologies for my botch job on TPol neck  :facepalm:)

Have kept TPol as Saffi in this set, but nice to try out the Kiska-to-Travis change.  Works.

Still changes to do (and planning on smaller overhead light among others) but main tryout here is the red alert state and lights.  I've had to lights through map-swap rather than BPCore (as no lights in model) and works, but on my machine does tend to lag down a bit.  But I'll see what beta-testers think.   Anyway, still work to do and other projects on go.

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2011, 07:37:19 AM »
can somebody talk to the guys over at kobayashi maru?  i think we have one for the next version, here.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet