Author Topic: NX Bridge revamp  (Read 6484 times)

Offline UFDF Charlie

• Cookies: 0
Re: new NX bridge revamp
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2011, 02:06:35 PM »
Is it just me or these uniforms looks too bright bluish. Shouldn't it be like that?

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2011, 02:59:29 PM »
can somebody talk to the guys over at kobayashi maru?  i think we have one for the next version, here.
the NX-01 bridge isnt included in KM as it does not fall into the time-frame that KM is about...

Is it just me or these uniforms looks too bright bluish. Shouldn't it be like that?
this thread is about the bridge, the crew mod will not be a part of the bridge when it is released so comments about the crew mod are not relevant in this thread...

if i am mistaken on either point, then my apologies - please feel free to correct me...

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2011, 08:13:23 PM »
this thread is about the bridge, the crew mod will not be a part of the bridge when it is released so comments about the crew mod are not relevant in this thread...

if i am mistaken on either point, then my apologies - please feel free to correct me...

Not mistaken, JB :)  BR and I been exchanging/discussing several mod ideas/advice and he kindly gave me access to early Beta WIP so could have canon uniforms for bridge pics.  No plans/discussions yet to include mod with bridge as BR has separate timeframe for uniform mod.

As clarified above, these are from early pre-release beta and simply used for bridge pics.  So in no way reflective of final version  :)  BR has separate thread on his Generations uniform mod here:

http://bc-central.net/forums/index.php/topic,8046.0.html

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2011, 09:41:02 PM »
Just another small update:  latest WIP with small tweaks (smaller lightdome etc).    Made my NX uniforms darker but that's just personal preference and not reflective of BRs final version.

Biggest issue is red alert lights.  1)  Causes lm problem (can see on science wall behind Tpol in screenshot002) and 2) creates enormous lag even on decent machines (coz game swapping/blinking 16 maps).   Tried workarounds but no success so far.

Assuming people want red alert lights (correct me if wrong), only workable solution is to build separate lights and either BPCore animate or at least have smaller so less strain on game engine.   But obviously more work/time.   I should fess up and say been guilty of maybe rushing bridges a bit too much.  Number of good reasons:  making up for lost time in community.  Trying to get scene moving again.  And most importantly, fear of not having enough time to do all I wanted (due to work and other commitments).  But appreciate now given a lot already and maybe better to take slower.   OK, rant over  :facepalm:

Thoughts/feedback welcome...

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1077
    • Blackrook32's YouTube Channel
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2011, 09:49:49 PM »
Just another small update:  latest WIP with small tweaks (smaller lightdome etc).    Made my NX uniforms darker but that's just personal preference and not reflective of BRs final version.

Biggest issue is red alert lights.  1)  Causes lm problem (can see on science wall behind Tpol in screenshot002) and 2) creates enormous lag even on decent machines (coz game swapping/blinking 16 maps).   Tried workarounds but no success so far.

Assuming people want red alert lights (correct me if wrong), only workable solution is to build separate lights and either BPCore animate or at least have smaller so less strain on game engine.   But obviously more work/time...

Thoughts/feedback welcome...

Looking good, Lurok! :thumbsup:

I like the feel of the bridge set so far. You can count me in the "wanting red alert lights" column. :P

P.S. On the Enterprise uniforms, I have both a light and dark version. No problem with your rendition ;)

" Fortune Favors the Bold "

Offline mckinneyc

• Screenshot Master
  • Cookies: 151
  • Screenshot Master
    • My DA page
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2011, 05:14:54 AM »
While I would love red alert I am just happy that you have breathed new life into bridge modding! Thank you sir.

Do what you feel is best

Offline leemason

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2011, 05:39:42 AM »
I agree this nx bridge looks great Yet again another fantastic bridge

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2011, 10:35:46 AM »
im guessing mark hasnt been able to offer any advise on blinking red alert for bridges (not map swapping)?

Offline Nx-809

• Cookies: 25
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2011, 11:04:51 AM »
Lurok you have any ideas for bridge sound ??

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2011, 11:24:10 AM »
im guessing mark hasnt been able to offer any advise on blinking red alert for bridges (not map swapping)?

Worked out how to do the BP changes myself, like a lot of other stuff, through trial, error and persistence so I think I know how to do the blinking red alerts now.  I was just posing the question of whether to do that way or map-swap.  But I guess one way or another will do red alert lights  :)

Lurok you have any ideas for bridge sound ??
Do you mean do I have NX bridge sounds?   If so, yes  :)

Thanks as always for all feedback.

Offline mckinneyc

• Screenshot Master
  • Cookies: 151
  • Screenshot Master
    • My DA page
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2011, 01:20:07 PM »
Lurok just wanted to say I loved the red alert lights on the nova bridge!

Dunno if it is just me but I just sit there for ages watching them  :funny

Offline Nx-809

• Cookies: 25
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2011, 02:59:30 PM »
Do you mean do I have NX bridge sounds?   If so, yes  :)

Yes meant that :thumbsup:!
Because if you had not I could help you with those gladly  ;)!

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2011, 03:19:45 PM »
Yes meant that :thumbsup:!

lol  :D   Thought you did.   Bridge sounds using are from the NX bridge update Mark did (apparently original bridge didn't have any canon sounds).  I've also found some addtl bridge sounds courtesy of Explorer at lcarsc.com.   But once bridge goes out to beta I'm sure I'll get feedback on how canon sounds are  :)

Offline UFDF Charlie

« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2011, 11:09:10 AM »
Would you be re-doing the captain's chair? especially the one that was made on ''The Borderland''? it looks like the same chair from Nemesis :D

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2011, 08:37:48 PM »
Update on red alerts:  was going to be a major modelling pain to create whole set of new lights.  If I'd been making bridge from scratch rather than adapting much much easier, but trying to adapt this bridge with new ones just hell  :hithead:

However - have fixed the lightmap error problem behind Saffi so original mapswapping idea now working perfectly.  Still a big laggy on my setup, but I'll wait and see if testers have same issue.

Should be ready for testing soon.

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2011, 09:24:07 PM »
Looking pretty sweet Lurok.

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
Re: NX Bridge revamp
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2011, 01:10:03 PM »
Bumping my own thread  :facepalm:  my bad

Just wanted to say haven't forgotten/abandoned.  Been a little distracted by SP mod but this is still ongoing (been using as SP mod crew testbed) and plan to return to soon to finalise for beta-testing.  

Offline andyp

• Cookies: 28
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2011, 02:23:49 PM »
SO i hate to bump old threads, i find it a major annoyance, but i remembered about a failed mod pack the other day. A few years ago there was a group of modders creating a HL2 mod that was essentially a continuation of enterprise, and when they failed they released their models, textures and characters. just thought it might help you with your enterprise bridge mod / character mod

http://www.moddb.com/mods/na7240

the model pack is under addons
You may know me as Batoy853 elsewhere...

Offline Mark

• Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 1797
  • Site Co-Founder
    • ST Excalibur
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2011, 09:06:25 AM »
Bumping my own thread  :facepalm:  my bad

Just wanted to say haven't forgotten/abandoned.  Been a little distracted by SP mod but this is still ongoing (been using as SP mod crew testbed) and plan to return to soon to finalise for beta-testing.  

Just seen this; I did a much improved ceiling for this set a while back which added about 200 triangles and saved about 512? textures. I didn't release it in the end because nobody really seemed that interested in it and twas going to require a bit of lightmapping to get finished. If you want I can take a look and see if I can find it.

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2011, 07:53:11 AM »
Really should get off my lazy a** and finish this up for release (if still any interest?).  And the Valdore as well.  Only just got my PC/BC stuff all back-up out of storage and waiting to try some of the new ships.   Might add Sovereign Yacht and Valkyrie as possible new small-scale interiors to do and should crack on with Delta Flyer. 

In the meantime, never used the camera anim in max before so this was first attempt:  :P