Author Topic: Andyp's bridge thread  (Read 6609 times)

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
Re: Andyp's bridge thread UPDATED 4/28/11
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2011, 08:55:18 PM »
While I've personally never been a fan of the Southerland bridge, I must say this is a quality recreation you have here.  Good work!   :yay:  *cookied*

Offline andyp

• Cookies: 28
Re: Andyp's bridge thread UPDATED 4/29/11
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2011, 06:06:45 PM »
ok added the standing consoles today. The blue prints show them angled, but i made them straight for now.

let me know what you think.
You may know me as Batoy853 elsewhere...

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2011, 06:21:59 PM »
Although the Sutherland bridge is fairly small, it's certainly functional and "to the point" of what is needed. A bridge more fitting for military assignments, rather than exploration.

Attached an image of "likely" station assignments.
Official BCC Discord ยท https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2011, 07:05:59 PM »
i know it isnt "canon" but i think the bridge would have been so much more "normal" if it had a front console, like Defiant and Intrepid bridge...
perhaps take some creative license and add one? lol :)

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2011, 08:09:17 PM »
I agree with Jimmy.  The lack of any front console(s) is probably my biggest gripe about the Southerland bridge design.

Offline Nexxus21

• Commanding USS Solaris Mk-I Refit
  • Cookies: 4
  • Our Continuing Mission Of Exploration
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2011, 08:30:45 PM »
The Sutherland Bridge design is unique go for canon as possible who needs the backside of someones head in the way any how :funny
If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us...-Adlai E. Stevenson Jr.

Offline andyp

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2011, 08:51:15 PM »
i know it isnt "canon" but i think the bridge would have been so much more "normal" if it had a front console, like Defiant and Intrepid bridge...
perhaps take some creative license and add one? lol :)

well I am toying with the idea of just creating a bridge pack because with this basic layout i can think of 3 easy types of bridges

1.) Freighter / generic fed bridge: add the helm horseshoe console from the Pasteur / raven and change the side consoles to the ones seen on the defiant bridge in the search
2.) Cardassian bridge: change the colors a bit, modify the veiwscreen, change the side consoles to the ones often seen in quarters on ds9, change the captains chair
3.) Romulan: Change the side consoles to the one as seen from the sao polo bridge / defiant engineering / romulan warbird bridge change the captains chair add the console from nemesis in front of the captains chair, change the viewscreen, Get a giant romulan logo to replace the computers behind the captains chair

For laughs:
1.) Create a computer core control room: This is for another project of mine, get rid of captains chair, add the voyager standing console
2.)the Gally: Replace the standing consoles with the tables as seen in the undiscovered country, turn one side of the lcar displays into replicators

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2011, 09:36:25 PM »
you could do a "traditional" Sutherland bridge whereas it is a big empty space and such as it is...
and perhaps a "Dominion-War refit" one (which is totally your creative artistic license of course) where perhaps a front console is put in and maybe some more consoles on the sides where the chairs are, with a "darker" feel to it or whatever...
perhaps during the Dominion War that ship got an upgrade or whatever and more stations and consoles and whatever were put in?  i dunno, just a random idea...

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2011, 08:38:01 PM »
well I am toying with the idea of just creating a bridge pack because with this basic layout i can think of 3 easy types of bridges

I think that's a really good idea  :)  I never liked this bridge and always thought was dull (hence why would never even consider attempting it). But I think you've done a really nice job and its very blandness makes it ideal as a bridge module, along the lines you've suggested.  Bit like the Ent D battle bridge set kept being recycled (but that was even more distinctive than this).   Look forward to seeing your 'remakes'...     Oh, and would make an ideal Klingon bridge too  :)

Offline andyp

Re: Andyp's bridge thread UPDATED 5/01/11
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2011, 10:22:15 PM »
i started some work on the ceiling today, obviously its still not finished (the lights in the column where the light is being emitted is just empty right now) I also noticed some things with the upper wall section. 1.) i just noticed that i never assigned a material to it, but like the lighter grey so need to do that. 2.) there are some shading issues due to faces sharing the same space. Also noticed that some material stuff that i missed for AO on some of the lights, so fixed that too.

Offline andyp

Re: Andyp's bridge thread UPDATED 5/02/11
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2011, 11:01:36 PM »
ok another small update, created the dedication plaque today, used a plaque template created by explorer and used it to make the sutherland plaque

Offline Killallewoks

• RNR
  • Cookies: 175
  • Innuendo implier extordanaire.
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2011, 06:50:42 AM »
Looks more like a CiC than a bridge...

Offline andyp

« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2011, 04:30:22 PM »
Looks more like a CiC than a bridge...

ya know i had the same thought, this is the weirdest looking cannon bridge ever. Maybe ill add a CIC variant to the list of bridge pack ideas...

Offline flarespire

• The one who breaks the cycle.
  • Cookies: 47
  • God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2011, 04:35:40 PM »
sorry but CIC? someone explain what that is to me ( :facepalm: i probably already know but...)
and andy, this bridge is brilliantly done, lets hope any future bridges you do are equal or higher than this skill level
WELL DONE MAN!

Offline Killallewoks

• RNR
  • Cookies: 175
  • Innuendo implier extordanaire.
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2011, 04:44:04 PM »
sorry but CIC? someone explain what that is to me ( :facepalm: i probably already know but...)
and andy, this bridge is brilliantly done, lets hope any future bridges you do are equal or higher than this skill level
WELL DONE MAN!

It stands for combat information centre all modern warships have them, think of them as the nerve centre of a vessel. They are like the bridge in star trek hence why i like this one it seems more contemporary. Hope that helps! :)

Offline andyp

« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2011, 04:48:11 PM »
WELL DONE MAN!

the CIC, combat information center, is the BSG version of the bridge.

I realize that it looks awesome at the moment, but the difficult part is next to come i have no experience with bridge scripting, and idk if there is a way to do the animation in blender so that it works with BC.

But should i be able to figure that out, or possibly get some help with it, i think the next bridge i'd want to do would be the captains yacht / bajoran interceptor bridge as seen in insurrection, then redressed for DS9.

Offline flarespire

• The one who breaks the cycle.
  • Cookies: 47
  • God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2011, 06:29:29 PM »
yeah thx for explaining CIC, and for the captains yacht, some of the newer sovereign bridges textures can be used there, i would try and model it, but the program i use is arkward to model with but yeah i cant wait to see how you do the yachts bridge, and another tip for the yachts bridge, dont make massive lcars screens, itll just make thiings look weird, but anyways, cant wait to see all you hard work pay off.

Offline andyp

« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2011, 11:32:02 PM »
yeah thx for explaining CIC, and for the captains yacht, some of the newer sovereign bridges textures can be used there, i would try and model it, but the program i use is arkward to model with but yeah i cant wait to see how you do the yachts bridge, and another tip for the yachts bridge, dont make massive lcars screens, itll just make thiings look weird, but anyways, cant wait to see all you hard work pay off.

yeah no when i do it will be slightly more cannon then IRML's yatch's cockpit.

Offline andyp

Re: Andyp's bridge thread UPDATED 5/04/11
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2011, 07:14:17 PM »
Alright folks the modeling phase is just about done. Today I added the rail.

only thing left to do, make exit walkways, for the rear doors, the door opposite for the turbolift, and add the back displays. I also noticed today that the plaque should be a bit higher so ill need to fix that, as well as add the tool kit to the opposite side.

Offline andyp

Re: Andyp's bridge thread UPDATED 5/05/11
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2011, 01:50:06 PM »
added back displays, need to retexture the upper circuitry to be the more conventional chips.

let me know what you think.