Author Topic: Andyp's bridge thread  (Read 6610 times)

Offline andyp

• Cookies: 28
Re: Andyp's bridge thread
« Reply #80 on: January 20, 2014, 10:35:53 PM »
yeah i had tried it on a machine with XP but it still didn't start, that was a few months ago and have since put a newer OS on it...
You may know me as Batoy853 elsewhere...

Offline yochenhsieh

• Cookies: 2
    • SFC3: Rebalance Expansion
« Reply #81 on: January 20, 2014, 10:54:47 PM »
Andy, I use my max3.1 on a VM with XP. That's the only way, it's a pain but I need it that way in order to keep playing with my SFC models. It's a shame to let this go. So beautiful.

Adam
SFC .Mod model format have gmax plugin. It works just fine.
This is a example of converting sfc model in gmax:
https://sites.google.com/site/sfc3rex/Home/guides/gmax_1

BC .Nif format also have gmax plugin, but I'm not sure if you can use it with bridges.

Offline andyp

« Reply #82 on: January 20, 2014, 11:04:22 PM »
the way that it's been explained to me, max 3 has some specific export features for Bridge commander bridges that is not available on other programs.

Offline nxadam1701

• Cookies: 20
« Reply #83 on: January 20, 2014, 11:38:26 PM »
Well I have exported from nif to mod using Gmax but whenever I mess around with hardpoints or damage points, Gmax crashes. It doesn't let me do anything other then convert the ship. That's why I use max3 to fix hardpoints and stuff.

Adam

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #84 on: January 21, 2014, 07:37:13 AM »
Shame to hear still having problems with Max 3.  I've used it with XP, Vista and now Win7,  and different rigs from CoreDuo to Quad/i7 and works ok.   May be installation problems your end, as can be a little buggy and if one thing goes wrong it won't work.   PM me if still keen to try and need any advice  :)

Offline andyp

« Reply #85 on: January 21, 2014, 11:48:14 AM »
Shame to hear still having problems with Max 3.  I've used it with XP, Vista and now Win7,  and different rigs from CoreDuo to Quad/i7 and works ok.   May be installation problems your end, as can be a little buggy and if one thing goes wrong it won't work.   PM me if still keen to try and need any advice  :)

Thanks I may take you up on that, some day. Wayy to much going on in real life for me to revisit BC modding. Gotta find a job first...