Author Topic: TNG Remastered  (Read 14716 times)

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
  • Cookies: 65535
Re: TNG Remastered
« Reply #220 on: February 12, 2012, 03:35:41 PM »
Ooh, excellent point, Eclipse - the window lighting patterns do seem to match... but... :D

Did the window config on the 6 footer ever change on any of the footage shot for the series? It's not something you'd ordinarily pay attention to, but it's likely that the same windows were lit at all times, since changing it would require opening the model up and rearranging the window "blinds".

SO...

It's conceivable, though unlikely, that both the putative CBS-D modeller and Tobias paid just as much attention as each other. :)

I admit, it's a stretch. You're probably right, and it's a made-over Richter-D.

Which is Frickin' Brilliant!!!

AFAIK The only time it changed was the repaint in Generations.
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 33
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #221 on: February 12, 2012, 08:49:25 PM »
Yeah, I just checked it out, and the model's window config is different to the CGI model's, which is an exact match for Tobias'.

:bow: :thumbsup:
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!

Offline sovereign001

• Cookies: 77
« Reply #222 on: February 28, 2012, 01:32:55 PM »
Just bought for 5 euros the tng taste of high definition! Gonna let you know guys what i think of it..

Edit: oke this is apparently not widescreen :(

Edit 2: just finished sins of a father.

The stuff i was looking forward too (costumes, sets) are very nice but you notice there are lights shining right above the people. That they are on a set. While on the dvd stuff because it was way more blurry, you didn't notice it.

Space wise, the stuff i was very doubtful is just very nice. The ship looks nice, the planets are a bit outdated but they are nice.

Sound is also great but the voices are sometimes deep  (voice of worf). Still looks nice.. Too bad there is not that much action..

Offline Morgan

« Reply #223 on: March 01, 2012, 05:13:28 PM »
Edit: oke this is apparently not widescreen :(
Nope, the show was shot in 4:3.  DS9 and Voyager too.  Star Trek (TV shows that is) didn't start using 16:9 until Enterprise started.

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #224 on: March 01, 2012, 07:17:55 PM »
Nope, the show was shot in 4:3.  DS9 and Voyager too.  Star Trek (TV shows that is) didn't start using 16:9 until Enterprise started.

Actually because they used 35mm film TNG COULD be in wide screen but they aren't doing that because they are hiding all the stuff you're not supposed to see.
However, even though the show is in 4:3 we still see more on the edges because it went from 480 pixels to 1080 pixels in resolution. Just compare two shots from the DVD release to the Blu-ray release you'll notice you can see more.
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #225 on: March 13, 2012, 06:42:56 AM »
I remember reading that the later seasons of DS9 at least were shot with widescreen in mind. They dressed the set, and set up the cameras accordingly. The FX are probably another story, but they'd mostly need to be re-done anyway. I doubt those old EdenFX and Foundation Imaging files for the battles still exist.

Hopefully this is taken into account if/when DS9 is done.
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!

Offline Morgan

« Reply #226 on: March 14, 2012, 02:47:05 AM »
I remember reading that the later seasons of DS9 at least were shot with widescreen in mind. They dressed the set, and set up the cameras accordingly. The FX are probably another story, but they'd mostly need to be re-done anyway. I doubt those old EdenFX and Foundation Imaging files for the battles still exist.

God I hope you're right.

Offline sovereign001

• Cookies: 77
« Reply #227 on: April 11, 2012, 07:06:35 AM »
The FX are probably another story, but they'd mostly need to be re-done anyway. I doubt those old EdenFX and Foundation Imaging files for the battles still exist.

DS9 in bluray, god! I hope so, but i wonder... are we gonna see shields this time in ds9 ? Imagine that they redo the end battle of "what you leave behind". Instead of that re-used footage! Pff can't wait  :D

Offline Morgan

« Reply #228 on: April 11, 2012, 05:04:27 PM »
DS9 in bluray, god! I hope so, but i wonder... are we gonna see shields this time in ds9 ? Imagine that they redo the end battle of "what you leave behind". Instead of that re-used footage! Pff can't wait  :D
Don't get too excited yet.  CBS said they're considering giving DS9 and Voyager the same treatment as TNG, but also made it clear that TNG is the priority right now.  If they do end up doing DS9 we won't see it for a while (conservative estimate?  After JJ's 3rd Trek movie).

EDIT:  Some news on the remaster.  The 13 seconds of footage from "Sins of the Father" that was lost has now been found, so when season 3 is remastered we can expect this to be fixed.  Also some images of the new Crystaline Entity.   :yay:

http://trekmovie.com/2012/04/11/new-crystalline-entity-for-star-trek-tng-in-hd-revealed/

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #229 on: April 30, 2012, 05:03:52 PM »

Offline Tuskin38

• Cookies: 111

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #231 on: May 01, 2012, 03:48:27 AM »
Wow... :eek

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #232 on: May 01, 2012, 10:00:54 AM »
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline captain_obvious

• The captain of obvious-ness
  • Cookies: 54
    • ARmy Rumour SErvice- British Army Unofficial community
« Reply #233 on: May 01, 2012, 10:40:57 AM »
I never did get TNG on VHS and my friend gave me his entire TNG DVD set for free* so hell yes I'm buying this! :D
I do hope they hurry up and get DS9 done!

*He was clearing out his house hoping to erase any possible reference to the mrs after they had a rather messy split.  As good an excuse as any I suppose!
I miss :bigdance:

Offline Morgan

« Reply #234 on: May 01, 2012, 03:09:32 PM »
Damn TNG looks good in HD.

Offline captain_obvious

• The captain of obvious-ness
  • Cookies: 54
    • ARmy Rumour SErvice- British Army Unofficial community
« Reply #235 on: May 01, 2012, 04:49:44 PM »
Damn TNG looks good in HD.

Amen bubba.
I miss :bigdance:

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #236 on: May 01, 2012, 10:37:45 PM »
 :eek

Source:

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #237 on: May 01, 2012, 11:08:26 PM »
I just noticed something in the Big D approaching space dock screenies...apparently there's a party on all decks.  Not a single light is out. :eek

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline mckinneyc

• Screenshot Master
  • Cookies: 151
  • Screenshot Master
    • My DA page
« Reply #238 on: May 02, 2012, 06:12:32 AM »
Brent Spiner's nipple in HD  :yay:

Offline majormagna

• English Idiot
  • Cookies: 5
  • Bail Out!
« Reply #239 on: May 03, 2012, 12:08:25 PM »
Brent Spiner's nipple in HD  :yay:

And that's one reason I hated the early TNG uniforms, as well as the low neckline. The later ones look much more professional, and more militaristic... Though the early DS9 and Voyager uniforms seemed to go slightly less "military styled", in my opinion.
Did you know I'm on Twitter?